Zumoney

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica, Honda civic
Country flag
This is great news for people that love manual transmission (ME!!!). The 2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring will have the optional 6mt aside from the CVT.

Previously, everyone who loves the hatchback design and wants a manual tramsmission are giving up all the options that's offered on the sport touring trim...because only the sport trim has the 6mt w that sick dual center exhaust. But now, it's no longer a Canada thing anymore with 6mt on the sport touring! I wonder how many people will trade in for it? If only...they have Civic Hatchback Si, and I know they won't so they can keep the Type R sale up!
Sponsored

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is great news for people that love manual transmission (ME!!!). The 2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring will have the optional 6mt aside from the CVT.

Previously, everyone who loves the hatchback design and wants a manual tramsmission are giving up all the options that's offered on the sport touring trim...because only the sport trim has the 6mt w that sick dual center exhaust. But now, it's no longer a Canada thing anymore with 6mt on the sport touring! I wonder how many people will trade in for it? If only...they have Civic Hatchback Si, and I know they won't so they can keep the Type R sale up!
Wow, this is exactly what I wanted (but couldn’t get) before placing a deposit for the CTR. Is there an official link to this news? Thanks.

Holtz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
You can easily just get your interior changed over to leather at an authorized installer of katzskins and change out the infotainment system to something way better than factory.

Keep the extra money and do a few other things as you please.

If you are spending that close to a type r cost for a touring... id just spend the little extra and get the typr r.

Sell the type r rims/tires that aren’t practical for most people and change out to something youd like.

Sport touring 6mt in my opinion is a waste.

baillieul

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
You can easily just get your interior changed over to leather at an authorized installer of katzskins and change out the infotainment system to something way better than factory.

If you are spending that close to a type r cost for a touring... id just spend the little extra and get the typr r.

Sell the type r rims/tires that aren’t practical for most people and change out to something youd like.

Kinda agree with this. Sport touring is getting real close to Type R $$$. I have seen a couple used Type R locally that would be a better but than a sport touring if the big wing doesn't turn you off. ymmv.

jipi121

First Name
Jean-Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Touring Manual 2018
Country flag

Here in Canada the sport touring manual is 31 860$ and the Type R 43 460$. It's not close for me.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Here in Canada the sport touring manual is 31 860$ and the Type R 43 460$. It's not close for me.
Not only that, but if you don't have cash in hand to buy it outright, it's the difference between financing at 4-6% and 1.49% if you buy at the right time of year. Not to mention insurance.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Not only that, but if you don't have cash in hand to buy it outright, it's the difference between financing at 4-6% and 1.49% if you buy at the right time of year. Not to mention insurance.
Where I live, my insurance for the Type R is cheaper than a 2013 civic touring by about $50 a month lol

Giltibo

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Accord Coupe 5MT. '18 Civic Sport Touring 6MT (Both Red!)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good news. Love my (wife's) '18 6MT.

Ninebreaker8

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 JGM Rsx-S (Soon to be sold) 2002 GPW Mugen EP3 (RIP)
Country flag
My hatch is an 18. I wish they had offered manual options above sport. I opted for the CVT ex for the added amenities

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
With the manual instead of CVT it'll be like $28k, right? $25-26 after discounts. Hardly Type R money, but I wouldn't trade my Sport for the Sport Touring for the mediocre leather, glitchy infotainment and less headroom w/ the moonroof.

I would have bought a hatch Si instead of my Sport, but don't think I'd trade up for one.

Physix805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My hatch is an 18. I wish they had offered manual options above sport. I opted for the CVT ex for the added amenities
I got the 18 sport hatch manual, and just had dealer upgrade leather and added to my financing. For $1400 I got a nice all black leather Interior. Perforated style. So it looks dope. Totally worth it. And less than paying more for a Touring trim.

Le Creme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback (6mt) 2014 Mazda CX-5
Country flag
I just bought a 2019 6mt sport hatch and I kind of felt robbed for a second, but thinking about it — I don’t think I’d love having the infotainment setup or spending the extra money. It’s nice knowing that I can swap out the basic 5” radio for a nicer setup that I prefer.

My only gripe is not having heated seats.. So I’m thinking about possibly picking up a heated/cooled seat kit from leatherseats.com; then possibly just buying the foam and cloth pieces to build the si seats (for the bolsters) and retrofitting it.. after that I don’t feel like there’s going to be a ton of better qualities for the touring. Except maybe the sunroof, at that point...

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
If you desire the 6MT hatch you either go with the Sport or Sport Touring. For an extra $5.5K, you do get quite a bit extra:

-Apple CarPlay™* Integration
-Android Auto™* Integration
-Heated Front Seats
-One-Touch Power Moonroof with Tilt Feature
-Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Dynamic Guidelines*
-Smart Entry
-Push Button Start
-Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control System
-Honda LaneWatch™*
-USB Audio Interface* (front and center console)
-7-Inch Display Audio with Electrostatic Touch-Screen
-HondaLink®
-SiriusXM®* Radio
-HD Radio™*
-Leather seating surfaces
-8-way power driver / 4-way power passenger seat
-542-watt / 12 speaker entertainment system (vs 8 speakers / 160W)
-Navigation system
-Enhanced Voice Command
-LED Headlights and Front Flashers (+repeaters on the back of rearview mirrors) vs Halogen / Incandescent
-Rain-sensing wipers
-Auto-dimming interior rearview mirror
-Heated rear outboard seats
-Compass and turn-by-turn Navi directions

There are some that would find value in having all of this included (without having to build). My wife would be one of them. :cool: Then again, there are some things that could obviously be done better through aftermarket, like the headlights/audio.

Personally, I like that we can now get a 6MT hatch with a moonroof and power seats.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
If you desire the 6MT hatch you either go with the Sport or Sport Touring. For an extra $5.5K, you do get quite a bit extra:

-Apple CarPlay™* Integration
-Android Auto™* Integration
-Heated Front Seats
-One-Touch Power Moonroof with Tilt Feature
-Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Dynamic Guidelines*
-Smart Entry
-Push Button Start
-Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control System
-Honda LaneWatch™*
-USB Audio Interface* (front and center console)
-7-Inch Display Audio with Electrostatic Touch-Screen
-HondaLink®
-SiriusXM®* Radio
-HD Radio™*
-Leather seating surfaces
-8-way power driver / 4-way power passenger seat
-542-watt / 12 speaker entertainment system (vs 8 speakers / 160W)
-Navigation system
-Enhanced Voice Command
-LED Headlights and Front Flashers (+repeaters on the back of rearview mirrors) vs Halogen / Incandescent
-Rain-sensing wipers
-Auto-dimming interior rearview mirror
-Heated rear outboard seats
-Compass and turn-by-turn Navi directions

There are some that would find value in having all of this included (without having to build). My wife would be one of them. :cool: Then again, there are some things that could obviously be done better through aftermarket, like the headlights/audio.

Personally, I like that we can now get a 6MT hatch with a moonroof and power seats.
Now think of things you can buy with $5500. :)

The moonroof kills it for me, my head touches the ceiling if there's a moonroof.
Sponsored