2020 Civic Hatchback Gets Styling Updates, Tech Upgrades, Manual For Sport Trim

pcsavvy

First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (Sonic Gray Pearl)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Sports are arriving at my local dealers but it seems the early releases are the grays, whites, and reds. So I am thinking of trading in my 2017 Hatchback Sport (Blue) for a 2020 Hatchback Sport (Sonic Gray) in the next few weeks. My lease is maturing March of 2020 and the dealer I got the car at is already reaching out to me to get me to come in. I am so sold on the interior upgrades.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any SI's in transit or in stock at any of the nearby dealerships. Maybe there is a delay in shipping them out to the west coast.

RHUDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport in Platinum White Pearl
Country flag
Has anybody seen any of the 2020 HBs on the west coast yet? Seems like all the early purchases are happening in the east coast. Hoping the 2020 HBs hit socal dealership lots soon.

pcsavvy

First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (Sonic Gray Pearl)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anybody seen any of the 2020 HBs on the west coast yet? Seems like all the early purchases are happening in the east coast. Hoping the 2020 HBs hit socal dealership lots soon.
Yes, depending upon which dealer inventory you check there are 2020 Hatchbacks in stock or in transit. Most dealers have white, black, red and grays. Better to call to see what is in stock.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Isn't that pretty far away? If the sedan is 2022 model year, the hatch is probably 2023, that's like 3+ years away.
They won't do a partial refresh. It's going to be all the modes at once. They won't upgrade one model to 11th gen and keep another model on the old gen. That would be a waste of money. The only reason the hatch was behind was because it was still in development when they had to drop the 10th. Every model will be upgraded at the same time. Either it will be 21 or 22 since the 10th came out in 16 and they fully refresh every 5 years or so. Right now we are looking at mid life refresh a bit behind the other models because of when the hatch came out.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
They won't do a partial refresh. It's going to be all the modes at once. They won't upgrade one model to 11th gen and keep another model on the old gen. That would be a waste of money. The only reason the hatch was behind was because it was still in development when they had to drop the 10th. Every model will be upgraded at the same time. Either it will be 21 or 22 since the 10th came out in 16 and they fully refresh every 5 years or so. Right now we are looking at mid life refresh a bit behind the other models because of when the hatch came out.
Yeah, I guess if all are gonna now be made in the same factory that makes sense. I hope they don't ruin the styling to please the naysayers.

2019SiOldGuy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Storm trooper Taco TRD 4x4, custom 3 wheel Hy Bird
Country flag
What a joke...they think they can add plastic eyes too match the headlights and a rear plastic eyes....Honda is a sly dog on making money and changes

i_remus

First Name
remus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic HB Sport (CVT), 2012 civic HF
Country flag
Not the fake vent area. Right next to headlights lol . Hard to explain but it's there
yea I don't really see it. will look for it in future detailed review videos.

midengine driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport , 2019 Buick Encore AWD, Sold 3800SC Fiero had a few Fieros
Country flag
I see that in the video, very nice! I'm seriously tempted to upgrade my 2017 to a 2020. There's a lot of stuff in there that'd be nice. I wonder if it's quieter with the added sound deadening.
Wow I am driving a 17 sport hatch and the lease is up soon. Hmmm nice changes to the interior.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Wow I am driving a 17 sport hatch and the lease is up soon. Hmmm nice changes to the interior.
I'd driving a 4 door Sport loaner, it has the new seats, which are a nice cosmetic upgrade. The back of the seat actually feels more supportive, maybe the vinyl keeps its shape better than cloth? Could be my imagination or cause it's brand new.
I tried the lane keep and ACC, didn't like how far behind the car ACC keeps you, unless that's adjustable, and the lane keep works well sometimes and not others - so not really something to depend on. Also you feel constant little tugs of the steering wheel when the highway isn't straight - almost like it's steering you through the turn. But it doesn't do it smoothly so it wasn't particularly pleasant. I didn't mind the features, but Sensing didn't make me want to run out and trade up.
The 8 speaker stereo definitely sounds better, though now you notice the lack of any bass. Carplay and 7" screen are definitely nice upgrades. I could do it aftermarket but kinda missed the boat now that I have 70k miles.

I also noticed the sedan driver's seat doesn't go back as far as my hatchback - so i had to sit closer to the pedals than I like.
Sponsored