2020 Civic EX LED Headlights

Neighborbob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
Just leased a 2020 Civic EX (Sedan). Was wondering about installing LED headlights on it. Never really shopped for headlights... So any suggestions for specific headlights (plug and play because it is a lease and from what I can tell, as long as its plug and play, its not a problem) and what specific things I should be looking at as far as different technologies and stuff would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!
Sponsored

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just leased a 2020 Civic EX (Sedan). Was wondering about installing LED headlights on it. Never really shopped for headlights... So any suggestions for specific headlights (plug and play because it is a lease and from what I can tell, as long as its plug and play, its not a problem) and what specific things I should be looking at as far as different technologies and stuff would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!
Congrats Bob. I'm gonna assume you're talking about LED bulbs. If you're interested, take a look at the Katana H11 LEDs 12000 lumen bulbs. I have them installed on my low beams and they rock. They are night and day, literally, from the stock halogen bulbs. good luck.

OP
OP

Neighborbob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
Was debating as well between just swapping the bulbs or replacing the entire... Enclosure? (Isn't sure what the actual word for it is) like I saw replacement headlamps that mimic the style of the Type R that looked really sharp but I dont know what I am looking at or how to even compare products. My desire to replace the headlights is both out of functionality and a little bit of a desire to make the Civic look a little less "Generic Gray Civic #44902443'

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was debating as well between just swapping the bulbs or replacing the entire... Enclosure? (Isn't sure what the actual word for it is) like I saw replacement headlamps that mimic the style of the Type R that looked really sharp but I dont know what I am looking at or how to even compare products. My desire to replace the headlights is both out of functionality and a little bit of a desire to make the Civic look a little less "Generic Gray Civic #44902443'
Well, a headlamp swap from your halogen to a full on LED assembly won't exactly be "plug and play" per say. It can definitely done of course but not like just taking out the halogen bulbs and popping in LED bulbs. haha. Since you say your on a lease, I dunno if you want to make that investment either. The pnp LED bulbs are waaaay cheaper <$100 in most cases and it'll take you all of maybe 30 minutes and you're done. If you're talking full retrofit of LED lamps, I'll defer to others who have more experience on that topic.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I also recommend the katanas and probably got half this forum interested in them. For the price they cannot be beat and bulbfacts has the data to back it up

63blackseries

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
Hi Neighbor!
Most headlights that are out are pretty much easy to swap now, but this depends on what your budget is. On a leased id just swap back in the orignal ones then sell the aftermarket ones, once lease is over.

WallyWorld89

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1010 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Congrats Bob. I'm gonna assume you're talking about LED bulbs. If you're interested, take a look at the Katana H11 LEDs 12000 lumen bulbs. I have them installed on my low beams and they rock. They are night and day, literally, from the stock halogen bulbs. good luck.
Silver Rascal, i got the 2020 lx and went to amazon to buy the ones youre talking about but it says they wont fit my vehicle... thoughts?

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

WallyWorld89

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1010 Honda Civic LX
Country flag

mahewd

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Country flag
At first you will have to consider about the compatibility of the product you are going to buy. When you will buy a headlight, you need to know the lumens and the color temperature. It will give you a idea about the brightness of the headlight. The lifespan is also important because you will pay a lot for LED headlight. Considering all these things, you can try Fahren LED. It is a plug and play headlight.
Sponsored