First Name
Abner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe EX, 2013 CR-V, 2015 Tiffin Motorhome
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I recently bought a new 2020 Civic Coupe EX which has a 1.5L Turbo Charged engine like the SI. Mine produces 174 HP and the SI produces 205 HP.

Are they the same engines tuned different or are there differences in the engines. I know the SI has a different exhaust, but I prefer to keep my car quite.

Can the HP on the EX be brought up closer to the SI without voiding the warrantee?

Can a CVT transmission handle the added HP?

I would be really happy to be able to bring it up to about 195HP. But still very happy with how it performs.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Civic Coupe EX versus SI 43670
Sponsored

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/si-vs-non-si.22517/

A couple posts from the top lists a number of differences. In short... the engines are similar, but the intake, exhaust, turbocharger, pistons and connecting rods, and high pressure fuel pump are not the same. While they’re similar... there are many Si parts that are “just a little more” and the power difference isn’t simply from a boost change. 195 whp is a reasonable and conservative goal for your car that could be reached using a basemap with no other modifications.

As to the warranty, you should always be prepared to pay for a powertrain failure out-of-pocket if you modify your vehicle outside of factory specification. People will throw Magnuson-Moss acts around... and you have certain protections as the consumer by it... but the companies have protections as well. Your powertrain warranty is a limited warranty. The limitations are disclosed in your warranty booklet. One of the limitations is the company’s allowed refusal to honor it for modifications... though they have a burden to prove the failure. This warranty question is asked all the time.

If you do not have the means or the anxiety of an unlikely failure would ruin the fun of tuning as nearly-new car...I’d advise against it. If you’re good with assuming a bit of risk for the reward... let her rip.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
I recently bought a new 2020 Civic Coupe EX which has a 1.5L Turbo Charged engine like the SI. Mine produces 174 HP and the SI produces 205 HP.

Are they the same engines tuned different or are there differences in the engines. I know the SI has a different exhaust, but I prefer to keep my car quite.

Can the HP on the EX be brought up closer to the SI without voiding the warrantee?

I would be really happy to be able to bring it up to about 195HP. But still very happy with how it performs.

43670.jpg
- Depends on your dealer. Some will let you get away with more than others.

- Yes, HP is fine. Be careful with torque.

- Our TSP Stage 1 tune for the non-Si Civic 1.5T safely achieves peak gains of 32whp and 58ft lbs of torque over the factory calibration. The tune requires a KTuner or Hondata device to load to your ECU. We sell the tune on it's own in case you already have a device, or include the tune for free with any KTuner purchase:

https://www.twostepperformance.com/.../tsp-stage-1-tune-for-2017-honda-civic-non-si

https://www.twostepperformance.com/collections/frontpage/products/ktunerflash-v1-2-tuning-package

OP
OP
Abner

Abner

First Name
Abner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe EX, 2013 CR-V, 2015 Tiffin Motorhome
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank You very much for all the quick responses! Now to decide what and if to do. I didn't realize that the engine was so different.
Sponsored