Tommyfk8

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic type r
Country flag
So I was driving home and after coming to a complete stop i noticed really bad brake squeal on my 20 ctr is this normal during the break in period? Currently car has 150 miles on it.
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
So I was driving home and after coming to a complete stop i noticed really bad brake squeal on my 20 ctr is this normal during the break in period? Currently car has 150 miles on it.
This is normal in general. If you want to reduce brake squeal you’ll need to put some heat through the pads. Normally if I put about at least 200 PSI through the brake lines the issue goes away almost completely (with some exceptions); this is in the 2018 though, the 2020 does use a different compound. The other option to rid of brake squeal is to get a new, less aggressive (not as efficient) pad. If you track the car, this may not be a viable solution for you.

fk8dc5s

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 2003 DC5S 1994 CD5
Country flag
i replaced my pads with Project Mu HC+ pads and my friend those squeal. haha. stocks barely did in comparison. but it is normal for both

martindtjr

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Vehicle(s)
TYPE R 19, Sienna XLE15, Xa 06, Camry 92
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Normal... Wait for it to fade away after 600 miles.

As for rocks, you'll know......... it's really loud.

OP
OP
Tommyfk8

Tommyfk8

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic type r
Country flag
Normal... Wait for it to fade away after 600 miles.

As for rocks, you'll know......... it's really loud.
Yea i will be removing the wheel this weekend i can hear the rocks rubbing for sure thanks.

Mugenteg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I have a 2019 and after 5k miles, my front right still squeals every once in a while.

MediaMaster

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2024 Ford Maverick
Country flag
Just got to the end of 600 break-in on my 2020. Absolutely no squeal. Don't know if I don't use the brakes much (lol) or just lucky. Finding the CTR to be as much fun as everyone has described and I've only been to 5-6k rpm so far. We'll change that tomorrow.:cool:

OP
OP
Tommyfk8

Tommyfk8

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic type r
Country flag
Just got to the end of 600 break-in on my 2020. Absolutely no squeal. Don't know if I don't use the brakes much (lol) or just lucky. Finding the CTR to be as much fun as everyone has described and I've only been to 5-6k rpm so far. We'll change that tomorrow.:cool:
Nice i had a pebbles wedged in between my rotor and dust shield it was horrible but its all good now as..

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
i replaced my pads with Project Mu HC+ pads and my friend those squeal. haha. stocks barely did in comparison. but it is normal for both
Looking at using these for daily/occasional track (maybe 3 or 4 times a year)

Have you been on a track with those pads?

speedvagen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sgp fk8 #r-26236
Country flag
Lol, 2019 with 12k miles on it and under the right conditions, mine will squeal like new for long periods of time.....mostly when trying to lightly brake at a stop....once stronger pressure is applied it goes away. But the moment I try to keep from snapping my passengers’ necks at a stop (I.e., take it easy), there it is again.....

’vagen

Teach-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rallye Red CTR #22518; 2017 Golf R
Country flag
2019 with 7k miles. Mine squeal frequently at slow stops. Right now I have a rock in the passenger front brake and when I’m in reverse it sounds like I’m dragging my exhaust. It’s so bad. Have to Jack the car up again and pry it out (have had to do that 5-6 times since buying the car new last March)

Patriots1959

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Lol, 2019 with 12k miles on it and under the right conditions, mine will squeal like new for long periods of time.....mostly when trying to lightly brake at a stop....once stronger pressure is applied it goes away. But the moment I try to keep from snapping my passengers’ necks at a stop (I.e., take it easy), there it is again.....

’vagen
So what I did for this is tap a long screwdriver on the break shield. Go around the circle several times. Use both ends to tap. What (I think) this does is either set the break shield in the "correct" or non-noisy position or releases the stuck rock. Tap hard enough so it does not bend the shield. If it keeps happening stop somewhere safe and do it again. Perhaps tap harder.

Good luck and please don't sue me if something goes wrong :) 99% of the time the issue will be with your passenger side front wheel.
Sponsored