2020 Boost Blue Pearl CTR

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
the Swindon plant indicator is 7 not U
The vin model shown in the screen shot is missing the 3 letters for the manufacturer. The u is the assembly for swindon and in 11th place once the standard manufacturer letters are in place. The vin shown in screen shot are missing those 3 letters up front as honda knows who they are and does not include them in a search. In this case the w is in the assembly location indicating a different assembly plant. Not sure what you mean by 7 is for swindon?
Sponsored

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
MHM, i wonder what parts they switched to add more hp.

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Assuming the info in that fb post is true, what do you guys think about the suede steering wheel? Wouldn't it be more prone to fading and getting dirty/gross? I wonder what these "minor interior updates" are.

Any info on if the 2020 has the body-colored vent update the rest of the Civic lineup received?

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR, 2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
SO EXCITED SO EXCITED SO EXCITED SO EXCITED SO EXCITED SO EXCITED SO EXCITED SO EXCITED SO EXCITED SO EXCITED SO EXCITED:bump::bump::bump:

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Assuming the info in that fb post is true, what do you guys think about the suede steering wheel? Wouldn't it be more prone to fading and getting dirty/gross?
Yes. Any car with suede/alcantara steering wheels will need regular cleaning otherwise it'll be gross. See: an unclean Type R door handle.

kilo959

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R; 1995 Nissan Hardbody
Country flag
Assuming the info in that fb post is true, what do you guys think about the suede steering wheel? Wouldn't it be more prone to fading and getting dirty/gross? I wonder what these "minor interior updates" are.

Any info on if the 2020 has the body-colored vent update the rest of the Civic lineup received?
Honestly hoping itā€™s true, this is my second type r so Iā€™d like it to be at least slightly different inside.

the 2020 Si has different seat patters for color and red dash bits, hoping for a alight interior refresh.

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
For interior updates, a functional third rear middle seat (with fold-down cupholder/armrest) and rear hvac vents would be nice. This configuration is already available in some markets, so no need to redesign anything.

Replacing the cheap fabric lining all the armrests with tougher vinyl would minimize wear and would be easier to clean, like how they did with the S2000 starting in 2002.

A revised/snappier/larger infotainment would also be welcome, but highly unlikely until the next gen release.

Re-spect

First Name
Fazil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
I donā€™t know why guys are praying for a 2020 when thereā€™s a shit ton still at dealers, The world should stop for one color. There goes the value of these cars in a whole

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
For interior updates, a functional third rear middle seat (with fold-down cupholder/armrest) and rear hvac vents would be nice. This configuration is already available in some markets, so no need to redesign anything.

Replacing the cheap fabric lining all the armrests with tougher vinyl would minimize wear and would be easier to clean, like how they did with the S2000 starting in 2002.

A revised/snappier/larger infotainment would also be welcome, but highly unlikely until the next gen release.
You're not going to get a functional rear seat from Honda, the weight capacity of the CTR simply isn't high enough to afford it (680 lb weight capacity).

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
I donā€™t know why guys are praying for a 2020 when thereā€™s a shit ton still at dealers, The world should stop for one color. There goes the value of these cars in a whole
I dont think the amount of cars in dealer lots has any effect on when Honda should decide to release a particular MY.

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
iā€™m totally going to buy the updated front grille for the cooling, if true.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Boost Blue Pearl CTR upload_2019-12-7_12-14-0

Hmmm, I can totally see another price hike coming for MY 2020. Anything suede/alcantara on the steering wheel easily equals $1k markup + new shift knob, new front grill, and interior updates. Weā€™ll be looking at 40k as reported earlier.

No better time to buy now (ā€˜17-ā€˜19) before the announcement.

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You're not going to get a functional rear seat from Honda, the weight capacity of the CTR simply isn't high enough to afford it (680 lb weight capacity).
But why is that though? Other Civic hatches have 3 seats in the rear, so it can't be because the chassis can't support the extra weight. I'm guessing that "limit" is there for optimal performance? But that doesn't make sense either, since some markets include 3 rear seats in the CTR.

OP
OP
98-0425

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
But why is that though? Other Civic hatches have 3 seats in the rear, so it can't be because the chassis can't support the extra weight. I'm guessing that "limit" is there for optimal performance? But that doesn't make sense either, since some markets include 3 rear seats in the CTR.
I believe it's a rear seat cushion without the cupholder in non North American markets; still no middle seat. Same thing they did with the ITR.
Sponsored