WingManD

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
Thank you. I just received the cables(They were out of stock). I have to get the other parts on order.
Sponsored

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
so i noticed everyone else keeps mentioning this Red wire, my 2020 coupe sport does not have a red wire on it, I'm curious how things are different

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Audio Diagram Needed PXL_20210328_220856186

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
so i noticed everyone else keeps mentioning this Red wire, my 2020 coupe sport does not have a red wire on it, I'm curious how things are different

PXL_20210328_220856186.jpg
It should not be different. There are different diagrams in the service manual for different models/regions. This should be the one for you
Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Audio Diagram Needed 1620254531161

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guess in the end it really doesn't matter what the colors are. I also have that short brown stubby extension harness, I'll just chop off the ones that are un-used and mark the ones where they go. As long as they are the signal wires for the speakers, I'll use em - Is the Hatchback and Sedan made in Mexico? It would explain why 95% of everyone on here has the red wire while mine is yellow.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
I guess in the end it really doesn't matter what the colors are. I also have that short brown stubby extension harness, I'll just chop off the ones that are un-used and mark the ones where they go. As long as they are the signal wires for the speakers, I'll use em - Is the Hatchback and Sedan made in Mexico? It would explain why 95% of everyone on here has the red wire while mine is yellow.
Sedan/Couple are similar. Some Hatch wiring are different. The RED wire you see in the first post is A13 which is present in the Hatch but not in the Sedan/Coupe (I guess unless you get one produced in Japan? This is a mess). HIs A23 is also Yellow like yours. There's a different wiring diagram, than the one I showed, for the Hatch.

AFAIK Civics are not made in Mexico.

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine was made in Canada, per my window sticker. No coupe was made in Japan far as I know as it's purely a North America market body style. With an American Engine and an Indian transmission. These really are Global cars these days. Appreciate the help.

OP
OP
bay_hatch

bay_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine was made in Canada, per my window sticker. No coupe was made in Japan far as I know as it's purely a North America market body style. With an American Engine and an Indian transmission. These really are Global cars these days. Appreciate the help.
I do believe the hatchbacks were produced in the UK. My guess with the hatchback is that they receive extra signals for the tweeters in the back so the wiring is similar not but 100% exact as the sedan/coupe

ilipac

@blueFK7
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will that eBay wiring harness work for the si/touring/r?
The harness will work for you. You would tap into the front two speakers as they offer the best signal for your LOC. Just follow the diagram and tap into A15-A18. I also added the same speakers but they definitely could do better with a DSP or amp.

OP
OP
bay_hatch

bay_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will that eBay wiring harness work for the si/touring/r?
I think it may work for the Si since it does not have the premium sound system, but would not work on the touring. But don't quote me on that

ilipac

@blueFK7
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think it may work for the Si since it does not have the premium sound system, but would not work on the touring. But don't quote me on that
The Si has the subwoofer and all the fancy stuff as the touring, just not a rear trunk sub.

energyx

First Name
Energy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
The harness will work for you. You would tap into the front two speakers as they offer the best signal for your LOC. Just follow the diagram and tap into A15-A18. I also added the same speakers but they definitely could do better with a DSP or amp.
Curious why you would use front speaker connections vs rear? They are all full range?

OP
OP
bay_hatch

bay_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Curious why you would use front speaker connections vs rear? They are all full range?
There was a post in another thread that stated that the rear speaker signals are weak

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the rears are artificially tuned down to create a more "frontal sound stage" by the radios onboard EQ - which is not accessible by normal means unless you've hacked the headunit, i believe there's a sharp BASS roll off as well which is worse in the back than the front.

energyx

First Name
Energy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
There was a post in another thread that stated that the rear speaker signals are weak
the rears are artificially tuned down to create a more "frontal sound stage" by the radios onboard EQ - which is not accessible by normal means unless you've hacked the headunit, i believe there's a sharp BASS roll off as well which is worse in the back than the front.
Thanks. I'm adding a 10" sub to an 11th gen Sport Hatch and bought the PAC LP7-2, not thinking about potential EQ and bass roll-off issues. I'll try with that first, but may end up getting the LC2i or LC2i Pro. Just trying to bolster the weak low end.

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks. I'm adding a 10" sub to an 11th gen Sport Hatch and bought the PAC LP7-2, not thinking about potential EQ and bass roll-off issues. I'll try with that first, but may end up getting the LC2i or LC2i Pro. Just trying to bolster the weak low end.
i tapped into the front L+R wires directly post-amp. ran those to the back with speed wire to an LC2i Pro. the pro really restores the bass well, also having the acr remote really makes the difference because you can blast the subs or have them nearly muted.
Sponsored