Krisis52

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR Sonic Gray Pearl
Country flag
Thats not good, and i have not noticed the AC not being cold, was driving at 89 degrees and had no issues staying cool. I do know that it is on the new R-1234yf and there have been complaints about it not being as cold as R-134a.
Sponsored

Oxenham1

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic
Country flag
My 2019 civic has the same problem, but the dealer refuses to budge on their "road damage" claim to the condenser, although they cant tell me how, just that its leaking, so its clearly road damage, or it wouldnt be leaking. Mild bent fins on the condenser from bugs, but nothing extreme at all. Im in Canada, so I dont know if the recall is extended to here.

carlos969

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I had the same issue with my 2016 Honda Civic Touring, the dealership had to replace the condenser 2 times. Dealership said its because of the garbage design of the front grill, it is wide open and you get rocks hitting the condeser, its a crap shoot.

Fred_Farkle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Whats up everyone. I recently just purchased a 2020 CTR. Loving it.

I had one issue with the paint that the dealer corrected but I started to notice something else lately.. As the weather starts to get hotter and hotter, I've decided to use the air condition(obviously). But I noticed it wasn't really blowing cold air, more like lukewarm or semi-cold air. I figured the car needed to be broken into more but this has never happened to me before with any new car. So yesterday I made an appointment with Honda Service to get it checked out, she told me just to bring the car in with out an appointment. I woke up around 6am today and decided to wash the car, turned on the AC and started to blow out cold air so i figured I didn't have to go anymore.

Later in the day the temperature hits the high 90's and I have to get to the hospital (where I am employed). The AC blasted nothing but HOT air.. I let it run for 20 mins before taking it for a drive. By the time I got to the hospital it was still blowing out HOT air. Finally, I called Honda and after some back and forth with the front receptionist:rolleyes: ..she connected me with someone else and they explained to me that mostly all 2020 Honda models are being recalled in because there is a problem with the condenser from the the factory. That the parts are on a national back order. My appointment is made for next Thursday. So if anyone else is having the same issue, your're not crazy. It's the condenser. Hopefully :hmm:

Keep you guys posted.
There is a known AC Condenser problem with the 10th Gen Civics. They are extending the warranty for this part to 10 years, so that, in the future, if it becomes a problem they will cover it. I would bring it in right away. Sounds like the 2020s have a problem as well.

Attachments

Last edited:

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The A/C in the '17 SI was pretty good and never failed for the 52,000 miles I had it, the A/C on the '2018 CTR that replaced it has worked, but could be better. Of course this is in AZ, land of triple digit temps. If it actually fails you are not merely uncomfortable. You are racing angel's around that big Nurburgring in the sky. . It was 112 just the other day.
I notice that turning it down below 70-72 to 68 or less does not make the air much colder. And at max volume, it could still use more pressure, especially given it's a hatchback. But at least it has been working. 15,000 miles on said car and a/c.

YO_AD2IAN

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
I just picked up my 2020 Type R a couple of weeks ago and haven't had any issues with A/C (yet). It does seem weaker in comparison to my previous vehicles (BMW, Audi, Subaru)

Shtumpa

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
Recharge it. Use A/C daily. Problem solved. Maybe.

Thats my hope anyway, so far so good.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
If you read up on this issue. You are patching the problem with a recharge.

There are weaknesses in the physical part(s) and there is a leak issue. Recharging it repeatedly isn’t going to resolve the problem.

Canuck

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Got my 2020 BB on May 30 with AC unit not working right out of the box. Today is June 26 and compressor still not in to complete repairs. I’m on top priority list (so dealer says) to get part. Hate to be the guy behind me ?. I’ll be calling Honda Canada soon to complain, just ridiculous!
Sponsored