j_limitz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R - Championship White
Country flag
I ordered mine on May 9th, still waiting...

Dealer called and asked if I wanted a Boost Blue or Black instead of CW as they had people cancelling their orders, i declined lol
Sponsored

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
I ordered mine on May 9th, still waiting...

Dealer called and asked if I wanted a Boost Blue or Black instead of CW as they had people cancelling their orders, i declined lol
Out of curiousity, I wonder why people were declining their orders. Was the wait too long for them to handle or were their decisions based on other factors?

j_limitz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R - Championship White
Country flag
Out of curiousity, I wonder why people were declining their orders. Was the wait too long for them to handle or were their decisions based on other factors?
My cousin's brother in law is the leasing manager, he told me that the customer just wanted to push his delivery date and wait for another one later on in the year. Maybe it's COVID related?

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
My cousin's brother in law is the leasing manager, he told me that the customer just wanted to push his delivery date and wait for another one later on in the year. Maybe it's COVID related?
Could possibly be. It's kind of scary jumping into a new vehicle and trying to finance it during these uncertain times where people are losing jobs. Although, I seen many jobs bouncing back and companies hiring, but still things are uncertain. I think if you have the funds and have budgeted properly and saved enough money to pay for at least half or the entire amount to payoff the car outright, then that's the best route! As for myself, I would like to get one ASAP, but that would mean being at the mercy of the bank for 3-5 years or so.

digitalpeer

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
700hp e3 Senator, I30N
Country flag
theres no new type R's in australia. ive got a deposit on one coming in Oct.. theres not many on the way though.

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
my car was already slated for that dealer to be built on 7/13 and they said if i wanted to put my name on it just leave a $500 refundable deposit .. i had another dealer contact me today that they may have a boost blue coming in soon so tomorrow i will find out the details and if i pass on it or the one ill let you know its a few hours from new york
Thanks for the offer, but I'm actually interested in the Rallye Red. Good luck on your Boost Blue. So each dealer has a predetermined list of cars that are allocated to them for the whole year, and knowledge of the approximate timetables for each?

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 NFR S2000
Country flag
Just curious, given that the car delivery date is that far off, did you negotiate and handle all of the financing now? Or is that done right when you will pick it up?
I agreed on the price which is MSRP plus $300 dock fee. I gave them a $500 deposit and they are going to keep me informed of the progress

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I agreed on the price which is MSRP plus $300 dock fee. I gave them a $500 deposit and they are going to keep me informed of the progress
Though I assume you don't deal with the financing/sign contracts until you're about to take delivery, correct? I also have an AP1 red of the same year, we'll probably end up with the same year CTR too. Rallye Red?

donutroidz

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
I still think it's BS. Although I think a used one is still a better buy than the updated 2020 model as the only thing you can't get is Honda sensing (Trash) My 2020 Civic is only unique for the next few months because it's Boost Blue. Other than that, it's not a car I bought to put away in a bubble.

rojohi

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatch Sport, 2018 CW CTR
Country flag
Whether production stopped, COVID travel restrictions and plat shut downs have made it damn near impossible finding a Boost Blue in Eastern Canada. Every dealer I have reached out to, that I was able to track one down, has someone local swoop in and beat me to the punch.

I have 1 iron in the fire, and will find out 4:30 today.

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Stopped by the dealer yesterday and put a deposit down. My salesman said he does not know when the next one will arrive, nor does he know if it will be a 2020 or a 2021 model.

Does every dealer get a full list of pre-determined allocated CTRs at the beginning of the model year for that whole year? Or maybe each dealer gets notified of pending CTRs, batches at a time throughout the year? Or can dealers order/request cars from Swindon? Just trying to see if we're done for 2020. If so, probably need to hunt down existing inventory. Anybody in the know or anyone who works at dealerships can shed some light?

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
My salesman texted me yesterday that he had put in an order and would take around two months for the car to arrive.

Can dealers put in orders/requests? I thought it's a pre-allocation thing per dealer, with highest volume dealers getting priority.

Also, any way he can find out the precise build and delivery dates, once an order has been put in? Tried asking but English isn't his first language and his text responses are cryptic at times. Would be very helpful to know, so I can schedule ceramic and other appointments.

FK8Guy

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8
Country flag
Personally I think you're better off that way. Even if you were to go through the hell of finding one at MSRP I don't think the improvements would make a big enough difference to justify the extra cost.
2020 CTR owner here, Upgraded from a 2018 and the improvements just in the braking alone/dampening alone are worth it. Just had mine unlocked with hondata,