quality_sound

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport HB
Country flag
Ok, from left to right we have the Scosche LHA20, Axxess (Metra) XSVI-1731-NAV, and the Metra 70-1731/Axxess ASWC-1 combo.

First, none are perfect. The LHA20’s CANBUS decoder gives you parking brake, reverse, and illumination leads so you won’t have to find those under the dash or in the kick panel as well as a switched 12v output. However, it does NOT have a speed pulse wire or reverse camera input wiring of any kind (odd since it has a reverse lead). if you already have a 70-1731, you can use the camera input harness with the LHA20. Though, for the $90 the things costs, it really should come with it. It also does steering wheel controls.

The XSVI-1731-NAV has speed sense, reverse, and parking brake, but no illumination. It also has a rearview camera input, complete with the AX-CAM6V needed to send the 6V power the OEM camera needs. It does also have the wires in the correct location for the CAN-BUS wiring so the SWC should work fine. There’s also a spare 10-pin connector that is not mentioned anywhere in the “manual.” Oddly, it doesn’t come with the 3.5mm to single wire adapter needed for Kenwood and some JVC radios. Very weird.

Finally, the 70-1731/ASWC-1 combo. If you have the tools to depin the Metra harness, you can move a couple of wires to the right spot and make the SWC work with literally nothing but these parts. You will however have to source illumination, parking brake, reverse, and speed sense wires to tap into. Reverse and illumination have been documented here, but I have not seen a good spot for speed sense.

I’m going to try both the Scosche and the XSVI as I’m all for not having to source any more wires than I need to but the wireless CarPlay function REQUIRES a speed pulse wire and the Scosche doesn’t have it and I don’t have a schematic to find where it is in the car. The Scosche is the best IDEA, but the lack of reverse camera and input and speed sense wire is kind of silly. BUT, if you’re running a unit with an aftermarket camera (or have the camera harness from the 1731) and don’t need a speed sense wire, it feels the most well thought out and I love that everything is CANBUS controlled. If I can find the speed sense wire in the car, I may keep it, but right now I’m leaning to the XSVI

View attachment 185785

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 with Aftermarket Head Unit FEF0C6D8-C309-4202-BC17-E9BAB27EFB18
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

quality_sound

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport HB
Country flag
Small update, the box that came with the XSVI that I assumed was the ASWC-1 is in fact a separate CANBUS decoder. You WILL have to buy the ASWC-1 with the XSVI to get steering wheel controls. This is really starting to look like the best option of the 3.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 with Aftermarket Head Unit F3CE6D0C-4322-4D4D-8735-FD24DCE9106D

quality_sound

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport HB
Country flag
On second thought, I don’t think I’m going to install the Scosche kit. I don’t know if it’ll be returnable if I cut the looped wires I need to configure it for my radio. If you don’t have a rear camera, the Scosche absolutely takes up less space than the Scosche since it has CANBUS and SWC module combined instead of two separate modules like Metra/Access. Also, I NEED the speed sense wire which Scosche doesn’t supply so while I could test the other functions, I’ll likely just return it. Also, instead of using an adapter on the 3.5mm jack for the SWC, Scosche has a separate wire, which is cleaner in my opinion.

you can see in the pic the difference in bulk of the two harnesses. Not a gargantuan difference, but it’s there.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 with Aftermarket Head Unit 2D197FDC-9CFB-43FC-8803-28CBD8943B9A

quality_sound

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport HB
Country flag
On second thought, I don’t think I’m going to install the Scosche kit. I don’t know if it’ll be returnable if I cut the looped wires I need to configure it for my radio. If you don’t have a rear camera, the Scosche absolutely takes up less space than the Scosche since it has CANBUS and SWC module combined instead of two separate modules like Metra/Access. Also, I NEED the speed sense wire which Scosche doesn’t supply so while I could test the other functions, I’ll likely just return it. Also, instead of using an adapter on the 3.5mm jack for the SWC, Scosche has a separate wire, which is cleaner in my opinion.

you can see in the pic the difference in bulk of the two harnesses. Not a gargantuan difference, but it’s there.

Edit: the XSVI is blowing the accessory fuse so I need to call Axxess in the morning and troubleshoot

OP
OP
mcmmotorsports
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport
Country flag
Since you and I are the only two participating in this thread, feel free to clutter, lol.
Thanks for all the info!

quality_sound

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport HB
Country flag
Ok,

Manual owners - A harness with a CANBUS module doesn't give you much. The only thing it will get you is steering wheel controls and illumination and you can tap that behind the dash VERY easily. NOTHING else these modules are supposed to supply will work. Honda doesn't feed that info into the CANBUS on a manual car. The best option the Metra 70-1731, but you will have to repin it for a 2019 (maybe 2018 as well) because it's made for older cars with analog steering wheel controls. If you decide to go with a CANBUS unit because you cannot or will not repin a 70-1731 then use the XSVI-1731-NAV with the ASWC-1 module. The Scosche is an option if you are installing a unit without a display for the reverse camera.

Automatic owners - you lucky bastards can use the XSVI or LHA20 and everything should work as supposed to. Everything is fed into the CANBUS, unlike the manual cars. If you want to keep the OEM reverse camera, use the XSVI, if not, the Scosche will work fine and has a LOT less clutter.

The info I got from Metra for the speed sense wire says that it's located in pin 42 of the 50-pin TCM harness in the engine bay behind the Air Cleaner - Intake Air Duct. He said the manual and CVT have the same harness in the same location, but that's a LOT of work. If you don't want to go through all that, Kenwood has the KNA-SPM100. This takes the speed sense signal from the OBD port. It's a 3-wire installation and is $50. It looks like Kenwood recently updated their firmware so I don't need the speed pulse wire to make wireless CarPlay work, but if I end up needing it for some reason, I'm going to use the OBD adaptor.

I think that's everything, if we want to make pin this info I can pretty it up.

quality_sound

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport HB
Country flag
If you are brave and want to repin the Metra harness, there are guides for the main harness and it can be done pretty easily. The smaller 12-pin plug that the SWC module plugs into can be done with the instructions below. Technically, the pins are not reusable but I was able to carefully lift them back up with a fingernail.

https://www.molex.com/pdm_docs/ats/ATS-011030043.pdf

You’ll be moving the gray/red and white/green wires to the locations shown. You don’t really need before pics since you’ll see them easily enough.

If you have any questions, let me know

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 with Aftermarket Head Unit A9237857-F14B-43A5-A2F0-352A9AA67C58

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 with Aftermarket Head Unit 111DB893-8A81-4A70-955F-2D65B1BF6560

tpntx

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 HB
Country flag
I have a 2019 LX Hatchback and I just acquired a Sony AX7000. I came here mainly because there 3 different antenna adapters and trying to find out which one to get. Im glad I did because I didn't know it wasn't straight up install (dash kit, harness, steering and what a step down 12->6.)

anything new to this you guys have found?

n9yty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Wow, I didn’t know any aftermarket kits were even out. I kept wait for the Datalink which just announced a new RR2 module, but no support yet for 2016+ Civics. Now to read that the 2019 Civic EX I have may have an entirely different system, the car may be rotting away in a salvage yard before they support it. LoL

I haven’t looked up the info you posted, but I think it will keep me busy for a while, thanks for sharing. It seems that having everything on the CANBUS may eventually make things easier, it just has to become supported, right? I can only hope. LoL

bp4577

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
If you are brave and want to repin the Metra harness, there are guides for the main harness and it can be done pretty easily. The smaller 12-pin plug that the SWC module plugs into can be done with the instructions below. Technically, the pins are not reusable but I was able to carefully lift them back up with a fingernail.

https://www.molex.com/pdm_docs/ats/ATS-011030043.pdf

You’ll be moving the gray/red and white/green wires to the locations shown. You don’t really need before pics since you’ll see them easily enough.

If you have any questions, let me know

A9237857-F14B-43A5-A2F0-352A9AA67C58.jpeg

111DB893-8A81-4A70-955F-2D65B1BF6560.jpeg
I know this is an older post, but I wanted to say thank you for this information on the wires that needed to be re-pined. I was pulling my hair out trying to install the ASWC-1 in my 2018 Civic Sport. I was about ready to give up on it and write off the steering wheel controls. Once I did this everything worked perfectly. The ASWC-1 detected the controls automatically and I didn't need to do any manual programming. I was able to get away with using a tiny flathead screw driver from an eyeglass repair kit. Thank you again!

quality_sound

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport HB
Country flag
I know this is an older post, but I wanted to say thank you for this information on the wires that needed to be re-pined. I was pulling my hair out trying to install the ASWC-1 in my 2018 Civic Sport. I was about ready to give up on it and write off the steering wheel controls. Once I did this everything worked perfectly. The ASWC-1 detected the controls automatically and I didn't need to do any manual programming. I was able to get away with using a tiny flathead screw driver from an eyeglass repair kit. Thank you again!
Anytime! It was frustrating to me and the fact that they haven’t updated the harnesses yet is ridiculous. I’m glad I could help!

n8systems

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic LX 2.0L
Country flag

I am still being driven nuts...... lol I have the 1731(non Nav) harness and I have the AXSWC (not the aswc-1) I was told this was the exact one for my harness but does nothing. where you repined the harness i have a blue/pink and pink on the AXSWC side di you eliminate them? on harness as well

Civicturboed

First Name
Yussuf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport 2019
Country flag
i have the 1730 nav axxess harness and my reverse camera works intermittently. When i go into reverse, it will stay in reverse for 5 seconds then go back to the home screen, and then go back, etc etc. DID ANYONE FIND A SOLUTIOn/ HAVE THAT PROBLEM? I see so many people have this problem and no one has had a solution ;/

Civicturboed

First Name
Yussuf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport 2019
Country flag
Ok,

Manual owners - A harness with a CANBUS module doesn't give you much. The only thing it will get you is steering wheel controls and illumination and you can tap that behind the dash VERY easily. NOTHING else these modules are supposed to supply will work. Honda doesn't feed that info into the CANBUS on a manual car. The best option the Metra 70-1731, but you will have to repin it for a 2019 (maybe 2018 as well) because it's made for older cars with analog steering wheel controls. If you decide to go with a CANBUS unit because you cannot or will not repin a 70-1731 then use the XSVI-1731-NAV with the ASWC-1 module. The Scosche is an option if you are installing a unit without a display for the reverse camera.

Automatic owners - you lucky bastards can use the XSVI or LHA20 and everything should work as supposed to. Everything is fed into the CANBUS, unlike the manual cars. If you want to keep the OEM reverse camera, use the XSVI, if not, the Scosche will work fine and has a LOT less clutter.

The info I got from Metra for the speed sense wire says that it's located in pin 42 of the 50-pin TCM harness in the engine bay behind the Air Cleaner - Intake Air Duct. He said the manual and CVT have the same harness in the same location, but that's a LOT of work. If you don't want to go through all that, Kenwood has the KNA-SPM100. This takes the speed sense signal from the OBD port. It's a 3-wire installation and is $50. It looks like Kenwood recently updated their firmware so I don't need the speed pulse wire to make wireless CarPlay work, but if I end up needing it for some reason, I'm going to use the OBD adaptor.

I think that's everything, if we want to make pin this info I can pretty it up.
I been having the problem of my backup camera going to the home screen of my aftermarket head unit and back to the back up camera randomly while I'm in reverse. I been thinking of doing a straight tap to the reverse line line the manual owners, but i got the 2019 Civic CVT Sport Hatchback (which is like the LX). Do you think that the wiring for the reverse light is in the same port or would they have changed it for the 2019 CVT? i cant find any wiring diagrams for it anywhere and I wanna be 99% sure before I try to tap into each wire.
Sponsored