First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Best of luck to Hyundai with this. Not a huge fan of the styling. But they're getting an A+ for effort the past few years, they're one of the automakers that's been consistently making strides the past few years. Props to them for branching out a bit, they could have just stuck with the Sonatas and Sorentos, but they're giving us this and Stingers now.
Sponsored

seetohey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2018 M2; Future: CTR
Best of luck to Hyundai with this. Not a huge fan of the styling. But they're getting an A+ for effort the past few years, they're one of the automakers that's been consistently making strides the past few years. Props to them for branching out a bit, they could have just stuck with the Sonatas and Sorentos, but they're giving us this and Stingers now.
Agree with this. I personally quite like the styling.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I love my Civic but I also loved my Elantra GT hatch and Forte SX sedan. I did modify them a lot but they were great, problem free cars. I could easily see my next ride being another Korean car. Contrary to what a lot of you think, they now make very good cars.

O Haiii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acura
Country flag
I love my Civic but I also loved my Elantra GT hatch and Forte SX sedan. I did modify them a lot but they were great, problem free cars. I could easily see my next ride being another Korean car. Contrary to what a lot of you think, they now make very good cars.
^^ Me too. I owned a 2012 Sonata that saved my life. Was a fantastic, comfy, reliable, practical car. Got into a head on collision with a 3 series. Both cars were totaled. I walked away but the 3 series guy didn't. He didnt die but hhe wasnt free of injury like i was. In fact, when i woke up from being knocked unconscious, i thought i was dead and in "heaven" because all i saw were white drapes. Turns out it was all 8 or 9 airbags that deployed around the entire car. The tow truck driver that took my car told me that every big accident he witnesses involving a hyundai / kia, they hold up magnificently and protects the passengers. I will probably get a new genesis when my acura lease comes due. IMO acura is not what they used to be.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I still keep my CTR, but they are getting closer.

Interesting that he said 275hp or 320hp, in the streets doesn't make a difference. So this N will be as fast as the R. Very interesting.

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
I welcome any competition -- not only will it give us more viable options in the market, but it would push Honda (and others) to push the envelope and keep the prices as low as possible.

Having said that, let's see what this car can do . . . . on the actual road and track. Being a paper tiger is easy.

_my.ko

First Name
myko
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i don't know what this company can pull off.

none of their releases were interesting except MAYBE the genesis coupe, but everyone knew the G was better or Z

others have had outstanding publicity such as with the RX7, Supra, NSX, GTR, Type R, etc, but seriously WHAT has come out of THIS?

Literally the only thing I can think of is just maybe the Genesis..

Last edited:

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Country flag
One thing in its favour - it's a more compact car than the CTR, being over a foot shorter and nearly two inches lower and narrower. The last gen was light too at under 3000 pounds.

The head to heads in the British auto press have been very favourable about the i30 N (which shares the same platform and mechanicals as the Veloster N), finding it to be a better driver's car than the GTI and about as much fun as the CTR (if at slightly lower limits). One review even preferred it.

If Hyundai's pricing for the Veloster N is closer to the GTI's than the CTR's, and the reviews are as favourable over here, they could have a hit on their hands. Sales of the CTR prove that polarizing appearances don't always deter sales.

MatadorCE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
This car is meant to compete against the GTI, WRX, Si, ST and other company "tuned" cars--not the CTR or the Golf R or the RS. Hyundai are still on an upswing sales-wise even though their 'sport' models might not have turned out that great. The 10 year warranty and good manufacturer incentives will keep it competitive against all the other brands.

WhiteCivicSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si
Country flag
Not those models specifically because the N has much more power.
I understand what you're saying but I bought an Si after looking at the WRX and ST. More to cars than just power. I came from owning a Hyundai. I definitely would have entertained the idea of the Veloster n if it was on the market when I was shopping.
Sponsored