2019 Type R - Rear Driver Side Wheel Rattle Over Uneven Ground/Snow

aytaka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
Hi there,

I've recently started noticing a rattling noise coming from the suspension from the rear driver side wheel. I took it into the dealership to check over yesterday but they couldn't find anything weird or worn out. They suggested it was weather related noises but the car is underground parked and I noticed this noise before it started getting really cold.

I'll try and get a video of the sound but it almost is a constant rattle/clicking noise when going over uneven ground or snow. Nothing when turning or going over hard bumps, just uneven roadway where the wheel doesn't come off the ground. This happens in all 3 suspension modes as well. I'll have to bring it back as its quite annoying and I think it may be the spring?

Wondering if any of you have encountered this problem and gotten it fixed?
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Hi there,

I've recently started noticing a rattling noise coming from the suspension from the rear driver side wheel. I took it into the dealership to check over yesterday but they couldn't find anything weird or worn out. They suggested it was weather related noises but the car is underground parked and I noticed this noise before it started getting really cold.

I'll try and get a video of the sound but it almost is a constant rattle/clicking noise when going over uneven ground or snow. Nothing when turning or going over hard bumps, just uneven roadway where the wheel doesn't come off the ground. This happens in all 3 suspension modes as well. I'll have to bring it back as its quite annoying and I think it may be the spring?

Rattles are common with this car, they get worse in the cold. Granted it could be the suspension, but it can also be the multitudes of plastics and trimming around the car and in the interior that exist near the suspension components too. I know I get rattles near the driver’s wheel well when driving that gets worse as it gets cold out (plastics like to expand and contract too).

Tru3lucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Hi there,

I have the same "ticking" sound in my 2020 Si its in the passenger rear though. I have tried hunting for it and I'm positive its something with the suspension.

OP
OP

aytaka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
I have the same "ticking" sound in my 2020 Si its in the passenger rear though. I have tried hunting for it and I'm positive its something with the suspension.
Its only when you go over uneven ground right? I dont hear it at all over regular pavement. Super annoying. Sad that nothing has been found.

Tru3lucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Its only when you go over uneven ground right? I dont hear it at all over regular pavement. Super annoying. Sad that nothing has been found.
Yeah it can be the smoothest asphalt around but if there's like one wave or ripple it'll start clicking/tapping. It sounds like it's worse the colder it is.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
I would bet it's some plastic shit too. Now that its cold out, my driver's side door panel makes a noise any time the car hits some rough or uneven pavement....which is like everywhere here.

I'll address it if it gets worse or doesn't go away when the weather warms up. If you're convinced it's the suspension, I would try to replicate it with a tech in the car.

Horsta

First Name
Björn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type-R FK8
Country flag
Hi there,

Hey,

did you figure out what it was? I think i have the exact same rattle.
Sponsored