White_Type_R

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I've searched high and low on here and most people on here are wanting a quiet exhaust note. Not really looking for that myself; Ive had mine for about a week now and can't get over the quietness! (Coming from a 2016 sti with a borla) I need something loud. Low grumble or raspy and can pop. Looks like everyone on here likes the Remus but it doesn't sound loud enough??
Sponsored

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Invidia cat back 100 percent plus it has a up pipe included. It's deep toned and decently loud over all!!!

OP
OP

White_Type_R

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Invidia cat back 100 percent plus it has a up pipe included. It's deep toned and decently loud over all!!!
How's the drone? Heard it was rough. Can't do a lot of drone but can handle some.

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
How's the drone? Heard it was rough. Can't do a lot of drone but can handle some.
Not bad at all after a few days of breaking it in.Its honestly way less than my s2000 .honestly I can't even notice it with the radio on at half volume lol

MstrSHAKE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
I've searched high and low on here and most people on here are wanting a quiet exhaust note. Not really looking for that myself; Ive had mine for about a week now and can't get over the quietness! (Coming from a 2016 sti with a borla) I need something loud. Low grumble or raspy and can pop. Looks like everyone on here likes the Remus but it doesn't sound loud enough??
how loud you talking about. Seems like your the candidate for the awe track edition on a catless DP :eek:

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STI
Country flag
r400 is one of the worst catbacks for drone, the Q300 is one of the best. Also I have owned 4 Subarus all with exhaust and this car is very different how drone is inside the cabin, it can be very loud.

OP
OP

White_Type_R

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
how loud you talking about. Seems like your the candidate for the awe track edition on a catless DP :eek:
Invidia from what I have seen seems way too quiet for what I want. And everyone says it drones like crazy. Honestly leaning to either Xforce, Afe with catless DP, or AWE with catless DP. Just don't know how these drone....
Want something loud and deep or loud and raspy that pops a lot. I bought a sports car for a reason ya know?

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Invidia from what I have seen seems way too quiet for what I want. And everyone says it drones like crazy. Honestly leaning to either Xforce, Afe with catless DP, or AWE with catless DP. Just don't know how these drone....
Want something loud and deep or loud and raspy that pops a lot. I bought a sports car for a reason ya know?

Greddy ddr for loud awe for drone the choice is yours

OP
OP

White_Type_R

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Greddy ddr for loud awe for drone the choice is yours
Okay so the AWE and invidia drone bad? Isn't the greddy basically just straight piping it? I've heard you can get the greddy lit non resonated for the type r?

merakiautoworks

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
merakiautoworks.com
Vehicle(s)
A bit of everything..
Country flag
the AWE touring doesn't drone bad. How about a Borla for your CTR? They're a nice deep growl. We have some units in stock.

-Josh

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Okay so the AWE and invidia drone bad? Isn't the greddy basically just straight piping it? I've heard you can get the greddy lit non resonated for the type r?
So most things will drone with a catless DP. Everyone's tolerance of drone is different, so you do say you can tolerate a little bit... Unfortunately I (and no one here really) can tell how much that is.

AWE is planning on releasing a revision for the touring that will aid in drone with aftermarket downpipes, that hasn't come out yet though.

Greddy has multiple versions out right now; the DDR is the one that drones none/the least.

Borla was recommended above, that will drone without a DP unless you have it on the quietest setup. It is adjustable, just not in real time (so you have to set it before you drive off); it utilizes a plate that partially or completely blocks off the center exhaust where the resonator sits. So it has 3 levels of loudness to it: touring with the center blocked completely, sport with the center partially blocked, and ATAK which has the center completely open.

Another idea would be something like Armytrix and BoostLogic. ArmyTrix is also adjustable like the Remus, but in real time utilizing an adjustable valve. BoostLogic has a valve that activates based exhaust pressure.

I know of the videos I've seen of the 27Won without a catless DP, that sounds absolutely incredible in videos, I can't imagine how it would sound in person.

Eugene_Fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic Type R FK8, 2018 RX350 base
Country flag
In case you want to use the stock exhaust, you can add a pressure valve opening on the stock exhaust.
Sponsored