Leefer

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2017 Subaru WRX STI Limited, 1973 Volvo P1800ES RHD
Country flag
I want to use my factory head unit but replace all 4 doors, center speaker and the sub. If I get a 5 chn amp, should this work? I am. looking at the following equipment: The Alpines will be both front and back. I also have an line converter but will have to check tomorrow on model. Also, since I will use these component Alpines, will the current tweeter wires just be useless? Any help would be great... I am looking at installing the door speakers myself and have some professional do the amps/sub setup.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Type R audio upgrade advice B8615B25-AD90-41E6-AAB2-5583B41CE396

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Type R audio upgrade advice D324CAA4-2A7F-4A53-B0F2-E890A8AE09DF

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Type R audio upgrade advice 771EBF53-BE7A-44E2-BE24-E068AE4C09A1

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Type R audio upgrade advice 4DA3443B-1B87-49EF-B821-55DF322A49C2

AirCaveman

First Name
Avery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 SGP
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
5 channel will work. you will need some passive cross overs to keep the bass frequency from wreaking the tweeters. If you're set on alpine look into their 6.5" components and replace the factory tweeter with the ones that come with the set. you will lose the center channel, but that's not really a deal breaker for most. you will also need to run to speaker wire depending on the RMS wattage of your amp. Factory wiring isn't really that good for systems that are over 50 watts RMS. Using a singe line converter isn't going to work unless it has multiple inputs since the factory system has amp applied cross overs for each individual speaker. You will need either a LC that has multiple inputs so you can grab the high and mid signal and sum them together into one channel; and either another input or a separate LC to pull the sub signal to feed the new amplified sub channel.
I personally am going to with an amp that has a DSP and LC built in. I did replace my factory head unit, but the process is the same. A D-5.1300 from audiocontrol has 8 speaker level inputs which you could tap after the factory amp. Then you adjust the signal and use it's amplified output to feed your speakers. You could even go with the D-6.1200 and bridge the sub channels for some extra power and really bang it out!
Good luck

alvav

First Name
Leonidas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2019 Acura NSX
You're going to need some sort of signal processor to negate the wacky factory equalization. I have an Audison bitOne but you can also use an Audiocontrol unit. I cannot stress enough how important this step is. Your upgrade can end up sounding worse as the equalization is set up to work with the crappy factory speakers.
Sponsored