2019 Sport / Powered Subwoofer

bay_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought t taps. Can you explain your extension harness? What did that connect to?
The extension harness just lengthened the connections from the factory harness to the back of the radio. It was one way to tap into the front speaker signals without having to tap into the factory harness incase I wanted to revert what I had done.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Triggz00

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
The extension harness just lengthened the connections from the factory harness to the back of the radio. It was one way to tap into the front speaker signals without having to tap into the factory harness incase I wanted to revert what I had done.
Thanks!

OP
OP

Triggz00

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
I have seen mixed posts. Does the LOC need power? I bought the PAC LOC. It's going to be mounted by the rear speakers. I was thinking running the remote wire from the amp to behind the cig lighter or run it to the accessory wire on back of headunit.

PandaXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T with Honda Sensing
Country flag
You sure you up for this install, i dont think you are ready?
Maybe shop around and see how much an install will cost you.

I have seen mixed posts. Does the LOC need power? I bought the PAC LOC. It's going to be mounted by the rear speakers. I was thinking running the remote wire from the amp to behind the cig lighter or run it to the accessory wire on back of headunit.

OP
OP

Triggz00

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
You sure you up for this install, i dont think you are ready?
Maybe shop around and see how much an install will cost you.
Yes, im in the air force and my job is Radio Frequency transmissions. Yes, it's RF but way different than car stereo. Also, I heavily info myself before I do anything, as we are taught this in the AF. We read manuals by the T and ask questions if any doubt. It's worth asking dumb questions than frying a 35k Harris PRC-117G radio LOL

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Do you need a LOC? Does your car has a factory SUB? If not and all you're doing is feeding the fronts or rears into the Rockville RW10CA 10", then I don't think you need a LOC because the Rockville already has a low pass filter. All you do is feed the mid range signals into the amp and set the LPF accordingly. Unless the Rockville input section is garbage and you can get a better input section from a LOC.

Last edited:

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Your SS8P powered sub has high level inputs with sensing technology so you don't need the LOC nor a remote wire!

I have a Cerwin-Vega powered sub under my seat and it's the same way - high-level inputs and no remote wire.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Sport / Powered Subwoofer 71YITr-QVjL._AC_SL1500_

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Sport / Powered Subwoofer Screenshot_20201014-195356_Firefox Focus

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Sport / Powered Subwoofer 20190725_183314_resized

OP
OP

Triggz00

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Thanks everyone! I hope this passes on to future powered subwoofer install folks. Knowledge is power.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@Triggz00 just take your factory speaker wires and splice them to the high-level inputs. FYI, I believe the front speakers have a higher quality signal from the headunit, so you might want to use that instead of the rear speaker signal. You can still filter the high frequencies out with the filter knob on the powered sub.

Take advantage of that remote bass knob too. I ran mine to the switch blanks near the steering wheel:

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Sport / Powered Subwoofer 20201014_200702

OP
OP

Triggz00

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Everything went well today. Subwoofer under the front passenger, wiring went good. Didn't use an LOC, the high level inputs worked and the sub shuts off as supposed to when the car is off. Need to play with the controls a little to fine tune it. Sometimes the red light comes on but I only noticed it when I turned the headunit bass up. I moved the headunit bass to 3 and everything else in the middle and comes out fine.

Thanks everyone!

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
Everything went well today. Subwoofer under the front passenger, wiring went good. Didn't use an LOC, the high level inputs worked and the sub shuts off as supposed to when the car is off. Need to play with the controls a little to fine tune it. Sometimes the red light comes on but I only noticed it when I turned the headunit bass up. I moved the headunit bass to 3 and everything else in the middle and comes out fine.

Thanks everyone!
Do you have a picture of your sub under the seat?

KyungMin

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Nissan Sentra, 2005 Honda S2000, 2020 Honda Civic type R
Country flag
I have a Rockville sub behind the seat of my s2000... they have good customer service and hits decent for how small it is.. thinking of getting two for the R and putting under the seats
Sponsored