Triggz00

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Good evening all, appreciate you checking out this thread.

Im going to order a 400 watt, 100 RMS powered subwoofer (Rockville SS8P) with a Rockville RWK10 gauge amp install kill and the PAC SNI-35 LOC.

Im going to install the sub under the front right seat. LOC will be tapping into the rear speakers. Does the LOC require power if I am using the low level rca outputs? If so, what does it get connected to? Also, what does the remote wire from the amp get connected to? One last question, will the RMS of the amp hurt my stock speakers?
Sponsored

PandaXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T with Honda Sensing
Country flag
there are passive and active line output converter, the PAC SNI-35 is a passive so you dont need to power it.
The remote turn on has to be connected to the amp to let it know when to turn it on, i tapped the back of the head unit for that.
and not sure what you mean by hurt your speakers but 100 RMS subwoofer will over power your stock speakers

OP
OP

Triggz00

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
there are passive and active line output converter, the PAC SNI-35 is a passive so you dont need to power it.
The remote turn on has to be connected to the amp to let it know when to turn it on, i tapped the back of the head unit for that.
and not sure what you mean by hurt your speakers but 100 RMS subwoofer will over power your stock speakers
Can I connect the remote wire to the radio fuse in the fuse box instead tearing apart the radio?

I guess what I am not getting is why the amp RMS will affect the speakers because im using a LOC to connect to the low level RCA inputs on the amp.

Last edited:

PandaXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T with Honda Sensing
Country flag
Can I connect the remote wire to the radio fuse in the fuse box instead tearing apart the radio?

How can I control the power to the stock speakers? I don't want to damage them.
I heard you can through the fuse box but never tried it

That subwoofer is independent from the speakers so it will not harm them

OP
OP

Triggz00

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
I heard you can through the fuse box but never tried it

That subwoofer is independent from the speakers so it will not harm them
Thank you for clarifying!

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag

I guess what I am not getting is why the amp RMS will affect the speakers because im using a LOC to connect to the low level RCA inputs on the amp.
Connect the remote wire from amp to the blue wire coming from back of (new..??) radio connector/adapter. That way when radio turns on, it sends signal to amp to do the same.

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
Good evening all, appreciate you checking out this thread.

Im going to order a 400 watt, 100 RMS powered subwoofer (Rockville SS8P) with a Rockville RWK10 gauge amp install kill and the PAC SNI-35 LOC.

Im going to install the sub under the front right seat. LOC will be tapping into the rear speakers. Does the LOC require power if I am using the low level rca outputs? If so, what does it get connected to? Also, what does the remote wire from the amp get connected to? One last question, will the RMS of the amp hurt my stock speakers?
I'm very curious about the fit of this subwoofer. Please let me know how well it fits.

OP
OP

Triggz00

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
I'm very curious about the fit of this subwoofer. Please let me know how well it fits.
I saw on a thread someone installed a 10in cerwin vega under a seat in a 10th gen civic. I might step it up anyways. Rockville has a 90 day free return policy.

OP
OP

Triggz00

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Connect the remote wire from amp to the blue wire coming from back of (new..??) radio connector/adapter. That way when radio turns on, it sends signal to amp to do the same.
I am going to continue to use the factory headunit. I was wondering another option to connect the remote wire too.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
I am going to continue to use the factory headunit. I was wondering another option to connect the remote wire too.
Another option is to connect it to the 12V cigarette lighter socket. The socket is only powered when the car is in ACC or ON. You could tap into the wiring on the back of the socket. Your amp will be powered as long as it's in ACC or ON even if the radio is off.

OP
OP

Triggz00

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Parts will all be arriving Wednesday. Going to try to get a tutorial/pics going for y'all.

OP
OP

Triggz00

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
I ended up getting the Rockville 10 inch powered subwoofer and fit perfectly under the passenger seat.

Does anyone have experience tapping into the rear vs front speakers? I was just going to wire an LOC to the rear with t connectors and run the rca wires to the sub.

bay_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I ended up getting the Rockville 10 inch powered subwoofer and fit perfectly under the passenger seat.

Does anyone have experience tapping into the rear vs front speakers? I was just going to wire an LOC to the rear with t connectors and run the rca wires to the sub.
I tapped into rear of the headunit using T-taps with an extension harness so that I didn't have to splice into the factory harness

PandaXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T with Honda Sensing
Country flag
OP
OP

Triggz00

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
I tapped into rear of the headunit using T-taps with an extension harness so that I didn't have to splice into the factory harness
I bought t taps. Can you explain your extension harness? What did that connect to?
Sponsored