2019 Sonic Gray Hatchback: Black chip vs White chip on car?

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
So when I get rock chips, they are white. But today I found a mark on my bumper. I think someone slightly hit my car while it was parked, because I didn't hit anything while driving. So after I cleaned the spot, the white mark went away, but now there are these two marks that are black, and it looks like the paint was chipped. Are they different from the regular chips I get from little rocks, or is it something different? And would I be able to fix those with a touch up paint pen? I will try posting pictures later on today after I get off from work.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Sonic Gray Hatchback: Black chip vs White chip on car? IMG_20200706_180838
Sponsored

Last edited:

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
So when I get rock chips, they are white. But today I found a mark on my bumper. I think someone slightly hit my car while it was parked, because I didn't hit anything while driving. So after I cleaned the spot, the white mark went away, but now there are these two marks that are black, and it looks like the paint was chipped. Are they different from the regular chips I get from little rocks, or is it something different? And would I be able to fix those with a touch up paint pen? I will try posting pictures later on today after I get off from work.
If it’s black then that means it took the paint off and went all the way to the raw bumper plastic. I would assume the white you saw was the primer. I would buy a touch up pen, this won’t be your last time needing it that’s for sure..

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If it’s black then that means it took the paint off and went all the way to the raw bumper plastic. I would assume the white you saw was the primer. I would buy a touch up pen, this won’t be your last time needing it that’s for sure..
Just added an image. I just thought maybe it'll be too big for a touch up pen? I already have one I got from the dealership for rock chips haha

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
You can touch it up or go to a body shop and get it repainted for a couple hundred

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You can touch it up or go to a body shop and get it repainted for a couple hundred
Thanks! I'm just gonna try touching it up haha. Since it's been over a year of ownership, I've just accepted the fact that shit happens and that I'm not rich enough to fix all that shit lol
Sponsored