CyberLoki

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
I have about 27k miles. CAI and tuner. Recently, my car won't start. It's happening with increasing regularity. I get in, logo flashes, but when I hit start button nothing happens. Once, I was not able to enter the car. When I attempted to unlock it, only the lights would flash. Same if I try to open the trunk.
Sponsored

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
$20 says it's the car's battery. If you've never had to replace it, now's the time. They only last, like, 2 yrs. I have a 2019 also, and had to replace it sometime last year.

cota

First Name
jaiden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
yea im sure its the battery. i had to replace mine last year and i have a 2018

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
Test your battery with car off should be 12.4 to 12.6 volts. If low check your fluid level and add distilled water on low cells. Is battery maintenance a lost art. Spend your money wisely. Takes 10 minutes to check and a dollars worth of "distilled" water.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Si Wont Start tempImageWFDURr

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Si Wont Start tempImagesC076T

OP
OP

CyberLoki

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
Test your battery with car off should be 12.4 to 12.6 volts. If low check your fluid level and add distilled water on low cells. Is battery maintenance a lost art. Spend your money wisely. Takes 10 minutes to check and a dollars worth of "distilled" water.

tempImageWFDURr.png

tempImagesC076T.png
Awesome! I'll try this for sure.

OP
OP

CyberLoki

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
$20 says it's the car's battery. If you've never had to replace it, now's the time. They only last, like, 2 yrs. I have a 2019 also, and had to replace it sometime last year.
Thank you. I'll try maintenance as suggested below. If not I'll replace battery.

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
When you remove the covers, if you see white corrosion on the plates it's pretty much a done deal.

Methane Herder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Also happens when I use door handle or trunk. I have to use the actual key to get inside.
That sounds like what I went through when my fob battery was dying. When my 12V lead acid went belly up, no warning. I was able to jump start it to get to a shop to get a new battery.

MH

BallisticSquid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback, 2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
We had to replace the battery in my daughter's 2019 EX hatch. Sometime over the winter she couldn't get it to start, but of course it started for me. However as she was driving, it started throwing up scary error messages. An error for every single system must have come up, but the car drove fine.

Brought the car in for service and sure enough the battery failed. It was actually covered under warranty.

OP
OP

CyberLoki

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
That sounds like what I went through when my fob battery was dying. When my 12V lead acid went belly up, no warning. I was able to jump start it to get to a shop to get a new battery.

MH
I replaced the fob battery and the car battery. Still happening.

I had this theory that something was actively preventing the starter from working. I know it has Mopar EVTS which I figured was the culprit. Interestingly, a light on the evts hardware continued blinking even after removing battery terminals. So, EVTS rep assured me the equipment is incapable of disabling the vehicle.

I found a temporary fix. When this happens a remove a fuse for what I think is the ignition system. Replace it and it everything works.
Sponsored