5th 3l3ment

First Name
5Th 3l3ment
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si
Country flag
I have this persistent issue with my car 50k miles,fbo, minus turbo oem: the issue im having is that every time I upload my ktune tsp+ my ecu rejects it. What do I mean my dash starts shooting lights this has happened on several occasion's 2x's same day. The only codes thrown are the ones that need to be checked off p0420 ect etc. no warnings just erases the tune and puts my ecu back to stock. Weird I know here's what it does when i attach my laptop to the ktune v1 it just erases my complete tune.
My current codes
Car Scanner ELM OBD2
DTC report
Selected brand: Honda
VIN: 2HG

============1==============
P0172
Raw code: 0172
ECU: OBD-II
OBDII: System too rich, bank 1
Honda: Fuel System Too Rich

============2==============
P0420
Raw code: 0420
ECU: OBD-II[Archive (inactive)]
OBDII: Catalytic converter system, bank 1 - efficiency below threshold
Honda: Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold

============3==============
P0139
Raw code: 0139
ECU: OBD-II[Archive (inactive)]
OBDII: Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 2, bank 1 - slow response
Honda: Secondary Heated Oxygen Sensor (Secondary HO2S) Slow Response

============4==============
P0172(00)
Raw code: 017200
ECU: OBD-II
Status: Test failed (current drive cycle), Pending, Confirmed, Warning indicator requested

============5==============
P0172(00)
Raw code: 017200
ECU: Engine #2
Status: Test failed (current drive cycle), Pending, Confirmed, Warning indicator requested

============6==============
U0401(68)
Raw code: C40168
ECU: ABS
Status: Test failed, Test failed (current drive cycle), Pending, Confirmed, Test failed since last DTC clear
OBDII: Invalid data received - engine control module (ECM)

============7==============
U0416(68)
Raw code: C41668
ECU: EPS[Archive (inactive)]
OBDII: Invalid data received - vehicle dynamics control module

============8==============
C1641(92)
Raw code: 564192
ECU: Active suspension[Archive (inactive)]
Status: Confirmed: the only thing that comes up on my scanner. I did replace the intake cone with a spectre via 27won cai and tip. It feels like my car when i try to give it power it feels like it's trying to breathe and won't accelerate for a few seconds.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 si sedan FBO Ktune/Ecu A2BF952F-5015-4F88-A317-352EF694F3FE

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 si sedan FBO Ktune/Ecu 4495CBDA-CCCF-456C-87F1-DA63F724DBB3

Old F@rt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, 2016 Z51 Stingray, 2006 Tundra
Country flag
Starting with the very basics: Do you have car hooked up to a trickle charger when flashing new tune. If voltage drops it can do crazy things if not. Only other thing I can think of is if the tune/ECU are not compatible, maybe reach out to TSP after the holiday weekend & see what they say. They helped me out really fast when I had an issue with their tune.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
If you fail a flash it will recover you to factory. There's a warning before you flash that tells you to use a charger on the vehicle and make sure your laptop is in high performance mode. You have to agree to that in order to continue, so make sure you've actually followed the advice.

OP
OP
5th 3l3ment

5th 3l3ment

First Name
5Th 3l3ment
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si
Country flag
If you fail a flash it will recover you to factory. There's a warning before you flash that tells you to use a charger on the vehicle and make sure your laptop is in high performance mode. You have to agree to that in order to continue, so make sure you've actually followed the advice.
I have followed up with all the steps you have mentioned. This is the 3rd time this has happened within a yr. As of late 1 week apart now it's back to back same day that it shoots the tune out and goes back to stock on its own.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
It can't shoot a tune out and go back to factory on its own. Whatever it is programmed with stays until you flash again, as the ECU can only hold one set of programming and goes through an erasure during flashing in order to place new data on it. Once again, though, if you fail a flash during the flash process and go through recovery that will recover you to factory.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Generally you should choose one outlet to continue support, as you can imagine we get a ton of emails, see a lot of forum posts, and can't tell who you are by your handle on here. Answering related questions for one person in multiple places is diverting resources that could be helping someone else, too. Especially on a "holiday weekend" or "weekend" in general.