2019 SI preorder availability

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just remember, there have been a bunch of threads lately where people have been losing warranty over the smallest mods. Be careful what you do to it while it's under warranty.
Sponsored

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Just remember, there have been a bunch of threads lately where people have been losing warranty over the smallest mods. Be careful what you do to it while it's under warranty.
The only thing I like to do is to remove the rev-hang.
Hesitant to do so because of this exact warranty concerns.

hcivic12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2018
Country flag
Thanks! it's a 2019, I was told it was too late to order a 2018 and they weren't going to be allocated anymore in the time frame I was looking at. When did you order yours?
Do you have some info in regards of the 2019 upgrades on the SI ?

OP
OP
Paprocjo

Paprocjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI, 2016 Mazda CX-5
Country flag
Do you have some info in regards of the 2019 upgrades on the SI ?
I do not but I emailed Honda of America and the salesman also said he would reach out to me when he knew more.

hcivic12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2018
Country flag
I do not but I emailed Honda of America and the salesman also said he would reach out to me when he knew more.
Alright thanks for the answer. If they refresh the rear bumper on the Si I think im going for it, if not i might go for the Sport trim

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How is that lucky? A 2018 instantly loses residuals when 2019s hit the lot. "A few short weeks later" Then 2019s lose once their book values hit. If the Si had changes coming it would have been announced. This goes to show you a deal is a state of mind. ;)

I got very lucky. It was the very last 2018 this dealership was seeing anywhere. I put money down on it to lock it in 9-06. It went into production the 17th. It really was a stroke of luck. I saw that they extended the financing offer and just made some calls and luckily the dealership that I'd missed two other Si was getting one last one lol. The wait though....omg....terrible...longest 2 month wait ever.

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
How is that lucky? A 2018 instantly loses residuals when 2019s hit the lot. "A few short weeks later" Then 2019s lose once their book values hit. If the Si had changes coming it would have been announced. This goes to show you a deal is a state of mind. ;)
I needed the car as soon as possible and this was the way to get my color also. It also guaranteed that if any changes were made like those on the other civics (which I didn't care for), I wouldn't be stuck with. I could care less about value after I buy it. It is a commuter car which I will put 30 to 40k miles on a year.

And I got a great deal on it. Way under MSRP with lifetime warranty and lifetime oil changes thrown in for free. A deal is only a state of mind for an uninformed buyer...to which, I am not. I worked for a motorcycle dealership for years slinging bikes, I know the business. I just don't want to load up miles on my luxury SUV that costs me $400 a month in fuel.

Besides the fact, this car is guaranteed sold before it his the showroom floor as there are no choices left in my area but black and I think a red. So if I did in fact wait for the 2019s, I would then be stuck with them and far less flexibility on the price because they will want closer to full pop on them...once again showing, I did in fact, get a great deal.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No changes were announced for the Si as it released in a different wave. So you can expect the refreshes to follow that release pattern. Anything under 22k +TT for the Si is a good deal.

I needed the car as soon as possible and this was the way to get my color also. It also guaranteed that if any changes were made like those on the other civics (which I didn't care for), I wouldn't be stuck with. I could care less about value after I buy it. It is a commuter car which I will put 30 to 40k miles on a year.

And I got a great deal on it. Way under MSRP with lifetime warranty and lifetime oil changes thrown in for free. A deal is only a state of mind for an uninformed buyer...to which, I am not. I worked for a motorcycle dealership for years slinging bikes, I know the business. I just don't want to load up miles on my luxury SUV that costs me $400 a month in fuel.

Besides the fact, this car is guaranteed sold before it his the showroom floor as there are no choices left in my area but black and I think a red. So if I did in fact wait for the 2019s, I would then be stuck with them and far less flexibility on the price because they will want closer to full pop on them...once again showing, I did in fact, get a great deal.

OP
OP
Paprocjo

Paprocjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No changes were announced for the Si as it released in a different wave. So you can expect the refreshes to follow that release pattern. Anything under 22k +TT for the Si is a good deal.
The sales person I talked to said their would be changes to the 2019 SI, I asked him to double check since I knew all civic trims besides the hatchback, SI and Type R were getting a refresh. He went to his manager, they looked up it in the computer and it told them there were changes coming to the 2019 along with a price increase how ever they couldn't see anything beyond something was happening. I took it with a grain of salt since most of the time it feels like we find out the latest information before they do. Then I saw this http://hondanews.com/honda-automobi...sensing-exterior-and-interior-styling-updates which mentions "The 2019 Civic launch will continue later this year with the Civic Si Coupe and Sedan, Civic Hatchback and Civic Type R." Only time will tell!

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The sales person I talked to said their would be changes to the 2019 SI, I asked him to double check since I knew all civic trims besides the hatchback, SI and Type R were getting a refresh. He went to his manager, they looked up it in the computer and it told them there were changes coming to the 2019 along with a price increase how ever they couldn't see anything beyond something was happening. I took it with a grain of salt since most of the time it feels like we find out the latest information before they do. Then I saw this http://hondanews.com/honda-automobi...sensing-exterior-and-interior-styling-updates which mentions "The 2019 Civic launch will continue later this year with the Civic Si Coupe and Sedan, Civic Hatchback and Civic Type R." Only time will tell!
So if they fall in line with how the 17 SI and R launched, we wont see info on the 19 Si and R until around April or May with a June 19 launch. so still 10 months out.

OP
OP
Paprocjo

Paprocjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So if they fall in line with how the 17 SI and R launched, we wont see info on the 19 Si and R until around April or May with a June 19 launch. so still 10 months out.
Possibly, their announcement said "2019 Civic launch will continue later this year with the Civic Si Coupe and Sedan" but who knows everything is conjecture at this point.

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
That is a possibility considering my 2018 literally went into production 9 days ago and I won't see it until the end of October. So glad I jumped on this 2018 when I did. I do not want to wait just to pay more for a possible refresh that I might not like. Plus, gotta love that 1.9% financing.

OP
OP
Paprocjo

Paprocjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I hope they don't since my 2019 will be built by the end of Oct. Mazda however did a 2016 and a 2016 1/2 model years, so nothing is off the table.

mechanical42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wife Prius, 2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
There is usually a grace period in car factories where old models are still being made while the new models have machines being retooled. So there will be an overlap where a 2018 and 2019 get produced at the same time.

JoYu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type R
Country flag
There is no such thing as "ordering" with Honda. The dealership gets what they get. If you "order" something then they just wait for their next car of that type to come in and reserve it for you, or they trade with another dealership.
Sponsored