2019 Si 8-speaker LC2i + Subwoofer

Apex Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Hi All,

Just picked up a 2019 Si sedan with the 7" touchscreen and craptacular 8 speaker "upgraded" stereo with dedicated factory subwoofer in the rear deck.

Like other Hondas I've owned, the 'bass' the system puts out is embarrassing. It also sounds like it pulls bass levels as volume increases.

I'm hoping I can address both of these by using my LC2i and adding a 10" JL sub/enclosure in the trunk, but I've got a couple questions...

1. Should I feed the LC2i from the audio source feeding the factory sub? Typically I've fed in L/R speaker sources, but I'm guessing the factory system doesn't send much if any bass to the speakers and I'm not sure if the LC2i could decode the signals properly.

1a. Should I disconnect the rear sub when adding my own if I'm feeding the LC2i from the speakers?

2. Is there a switched power source I can use as a remote for the LC2i? It may be smart enough to recognize when the stereo goes on... not sure yet.

3. Anything else I should know?
Sponsored

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
So I have the same car and just installed an AudioControls ACM-1.300 amp that has the built-in LC2i. What I did is use the Metra speaker harness adapter and used that to connect to both the rear left and the subwoofer speakers. I modified the Metra harness by splicing in sets of wires on each- one goes to the factory speaker and the other goes right to the amp. That allows both speakers to still work, but yet still send the signal to the amp with no splicing involved in the factory wires. The reason I tapped into both speakers is because the sub misses some of the frequencies and I wanted to make sure I did get them all. Tapping into both of these makes sure I get the full range needed. The amp sums the signals, so that's why it works so well. The sound improvement is totally worth it.

My amp itself turns itself on by GTO, so no splicing for that is needed.

See my post about my install- https://www.civicx.com/threads/2019-si-officially-joined-the-fam.33559/page-2#post-612528

OP
OP

Apex Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
So I have the same car and just installed an AudioControls ACM-1.300 amp that has the built-in LC2i. What I did is use the Metra speaker harness adapter and used that to connect to both the rear left and the subwoofer speakers. I modified the Metra harness by splicing in sets of wires on each- one goes to the factory speaker and the other goes right to the amp. That allows both speakers to still work, but yet still send the signal to the amp with no splicing involved in the factory wires. The reason I tapped into both speakers is because the sub misses some of the frequencies and I wanted to make sure I did get them all. Tapping into both of these makes sure I get the full range needed. The amp sums the signals, so that's why it works so well. The sound improvement is totally worth it.

My amp itself turns itself on by GTO, so no splicing for that is needed.

See my post about my install- https://www.civicx.com/threads/2019-si-officially-joined-the-fam.33559/page-2#post-612528
Thanks!

So theoretically, I could just use the LC2i and mono amp I already own in the same way? Do you have a link to the metra speaker harness adapter you used?

Good call about feeding in two different signals to ensure it's receiving the full range.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
OP
OP

Apex Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Before I start poking around, do you know if there is a power source that I can tap into for my LC2i? Unlike your ACM, I’ve got to get a dedicated power source for both the amp and lc2i. LC2i doesn’t need much for power
Just piggy back it off the amp and add a small fuse between.

I did run 8 gauge power from the battery to the ACM for the main power. The ground I actually tapped into the ground point right near the driver side tail light, behind the carpet.

mitchie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Hi All,

Just picked up a 2019 Si sedan with the 7" touchscreen and craptacular 8 speaker "upgraded" stereo with dedicated factory subwoofer in the rear deck.

Like other Hondas I've owned, the 'bass' the system puts out is embarrassing. It also sounds like it pulls bass levels as volume increases.

I'm hoping I can address both of these by using my LC2i and adding a 10" JL sub/enclosure in the trunk, but I've got a couple questions...

1. Should I feed the LC2i from the audio source feeding the factory sub? Typically I've fed in L/R speaker sources, but I'm guessing the factory system doesn't send much if any bass to the speakers and I'm not sure if the LC2i could decode the signals properly.

1a. Should I disconnect the rear sub when adding my own if I'm feeding the LC2i from the speakers?

2. Is there a switched power source I can use as a remote for the LC2i? It may be smart enough to recognize when the stereo goes on... not sure yet.

3. Anything else I should know?
I did the same thing, I disconnected the stock sub.

mitchie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
What source(s) did you use to feed the LC2i?

And did you do anything special for LC2i remote/power?
I think I used the front right door speaker. It was a while back.
I will have to double check if we did anything special for the remote.

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
My instructions said to use right and left speaker for high level input. I just used the sub wires. Both positives into the stock sub pos and both neg into the stock sub negative wire.
Sponsored