2019 OEM LED Fog Lights Work on ALL 10th Gens!!!!!

Frankakee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX L WOP
Country flag
I picked up the Morimoto XB LED for my 2020 Si and they did not work. Provided clip which the cables slide into did not match the factory plug and lights would not power on when inserting the 2 Morimoto cables into the factory plug. Not sure what the deal was. Called Morimoto and they had no answers.
Just wire them direct or get a new plug. There is a top side for the plug to slide in all the way -just FYI if you didn’t notice that.

n9yty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
There was a comment in this thread that the hatch/non-SI had a different mount or hole location? So does the LED fog housing update work on the hatch? And also on the Honda Sensing question, can you just pop the grill with that installed and get these swapped out? The pages that sell the Honda LED Fog upgrades list this as incompatible with the Hatch EX w/Sensing, so I am afraid of spending the $180 or so if they can't be used. On the other hand, I don't want to just drop bulbs into the reflector housing and cause problems for oncoming traffic. I have read Philips has non-glare drop-in bulbs, but they are very price, and once this upgrade was done I feel you could use more affordable LED bulbs down the road than special non-glare ones.

n9yty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Found this video on popping the panel off, looks like this has the sensing, doesn't seem to be attached to the panel at all.

n9yty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Um, maybe this isn't going to do what I thought, just re-read the installation instructions for the official Honda kit and the LED bulbs are NOT replaceable, they are part of the assembly. So that isn't going to give me what I wanted. I guess looking for LED bulbs that closely mimic the halogen pattern to minimize glare is the best option.

OP
OP
ladysi

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si black sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Um, maybe this isn't going to do what I thought, just re-read the installation instructions for the official Honda kit and the LED bulbs are NOT replaceable, they are part of the assembly. So that isn't going to give me what I wanted. I guess looking for LED bulbs that closely mimic the halogen pattern to minimize glare is the best option.
Sounds like you want a custom retrofit.

Frankakee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX L WOP
Country flag
I am pretty sure that is for both since it says “lights” when doing research on replacing the originals some websites would sell them as singles and you would have to clarify right or left since they are specific to the side

dt17

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback turbo 2017
Country flag
Sounds like you want a custom retrofit.
I have a Honda Civic Hatchback 2017 in Thailand

I brought Fog LEDs bulbs for my car thinking to replace them but my car already comes with OEM LEDs.. now I have bulbs without housing as the OEM LEDs are a whole module (unable to change bulbs)

I read on these forums that the OEM non LED housing are glass and break easily(also expensive). Is there a product for me where I can buy just the fog light housing(not OEM)? Do projector shrouds work?

Thanks in advance!

Frankakee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX L WOP
Country flag

I brought Fog LEDs bulbs for my car thinking to replace them but my car already comes with OEM LEDs.. now I have bulbs without housing as the OEM LEDs are a whole module (unable to change bulbs)

I read on these forums that the OEM non LED housing are glass and break easily(also expensive). Is there a product for me where I can buy just the fog light housing(not OEM)? Do projector shrouds work?
Thanks in advance!
The OEM leds have polycarbonate lens not glass.

Maybe Thailand models are different but US models in 2017 were halogen/glass

dt17

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The OEM leds have polycarbonate lens not glass.

Maybe Thailand models are different but US models in 2017 were halogen/glass
Yes i already have the OEM LEDs, just thinking what are my options other than trying to return the Fog LEDs that i bought, are there custom Fog Assembly/Housing that i can buy to use with my new LEDs that will upgrade the look or should i just leave it

Frankakee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX L WOP
Country flag
Yes i already have the OEM LEDs, just thinking what are my options other than trying to return the Fog LEDs that i bought, are there custom Fog Assembly/Housing that i can buy to use with my new LEDs that will upgrade the look or should i just leave it
I would leave them. If you want to change the look you could add the Laminx film on the lens. Honestly the led bulb is probably going to be performance wise similar to your oem led housing. Return your bulbs and replace your headlights with led bulbs unless your headlights are also led already

First Name
adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic x 2018
Country flag

Thanks in advance!
oh man i have the EXACT same problem! Bought a different temperature led light thinking to change the fog light color! Oh well.

That being said, IF for some reason the led fogs die on me, would it make sense to order the halogen foglight module as a replacement, but slap on some LED bulbs? this allows for easy change between temperatures. would that work?

Opinions, anyone?

dt17

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
oh man i have the EXACT same problem! Bought a different temperature led light thinking to change the fog light color! Oh well.

That being said, IF for some reason the led fogs die on me, would it make sense to order the halogen foglight module as a replacement, but slap on some LED bulbs? this allows for easy change between temperatures. would that work?

Opinions, anyone?
I would not do that personally because i read that the glass on the original Halogens break very easily and that's why many people are looking to switch out from it.. the Morimoto LEDs are also full module, i have yet to find a company that does LED projector for Fog Lights that is plug and play for our Civic Hatchback with interchangeable LED bulbs

Let me know if you find them

First Name
adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic x 2018
Country flag
I would not do that personally because i read that the glass on the original Halogens break very easily and that's why many people are looking to switch out from it.. the Morimoto LEDs are also full module, i have yet to find a company that does LED projector for Fog Lights that is plug and play for our Civic Hatchback with interchangeable LED bulbs

Let me know if you find them
Hi dt17

Man thats not good! Perhaps if the halogen fogs were added with a layer of thick film/PPF? Do you think that would help?

Ill be sure to update here if I find any !
Sponsored