2019 OEM LED Fog Lights Work on ALL 10th Gens!!!!!

OP
OP
ladysi

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si black sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I appreciate the honesty of this response may just get some depo lights now and fogs when I save up some cash.
Honesty is always the simple path. No need to remember lies nor hyperboles...

Oh, and depo high beams are ridiculous imho. Very good throw.
Sponsored

Wingman520

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Honesty is always the simple path. No need to remember lies nor hyperboles...

Oh, and depo high beams are ridiculous imho. Very good throw.
I like using high beams in my area. Any photos of the high and low beam throw if you don't mind my asking?

OP
OP
ladysi

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No, but I can take some tonight. Was planning on finally pulling fuses to get some photos of just the fogs, I will take some photos of the low and high throws too :)

OP
OP
ladysi

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Syntek @Wingman520

I finished with my uniden r3 mute button rewire at like 1:30am...too tired to pull fuses. But I did take some pictures nonetheless.

External drls + lows + fogs (I didn't get a pic the highs externally):
Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 OEM LED Fog Lights Work on ALL 10th Gens!!!!! 20190527_030737

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 OEM LED Fog Lights Work on ALL 10th Gens!!!!! 20190527_030657

Drls + lows:
Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 OEM LED Fog Lights Work on ALL 10th Gens!!!!! 20190527_021411
Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 OEM LED Fog Lights Work on ALL 10th Gens!!!!! 20190527_013951

Drls + lows + fogs:
Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 OEM LED Fog Lights Work on ALL 10th Gens!!!!! 20190527_021414
Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 OEM LED Fog Lights Work on ALL 10th Gens!!!!! 20190527_013955

Drls + lows + fogs + highs:
Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 OEM LED Fog Lights Work on ALL 10th Gens!!!!! 20190527_021417
Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 OEM LED Fog Lights Work on ALL 10th Gens!!!!! 20190527_014000

Also, I just got the cheap Chinese external tpms thing. Checked it against a real tool, and it is like 4-6 overestimating. I plan to get nice internal tpms when I finally get rims/tires next year....

Anyways, I hope this helps.

Wingman520

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@Syntek @Wingman520

I finished with my uniden r3 mute button rewire at like 1:30am...too tired to pull fuses. But I did take some pictures nonetheless.

Anyways, I hope this helps.
Pictures look great! I removed them from this quote so they won't take up a lot of space. Don't need them posted multiple times ;). I greatly appreciate these photos. Helps my purchase decision a lot!!!

I hate to ask mostly because I'm new to the Honda world, but what's the external tpms for?

OP
OP
ladysi

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hate to ask mostly because I'm new to the Honda world, but what's the external tpms for?
Most welcome about the pics.

Civic 10th gens have indirect TPMS, not an actual wireless psi/bar sensor in each tire. Basically, the ecu computes tire pressure from wheel circumference. As I live in Minnesota, I am worried about sudden temperature and barometer changes and dont trust the indirect method. Also, I like to know how much my tire pressure is changing day to day, tire temperature, and *which* tire(s) needs attention.

So I picked up an external direct set cheap - they will be good enough until I upgrade my tires + rims next year, at which point I will get some quality internal direct tpms sensors.

The cheap set I bought:
Aftermarket Tire Pressure Monitoring System TPMS Solar Power Universal Wireless with 4 External Sensors Real-time Display 4 Tires' Pressure & Temperature 22-87 PSI [2 More Battery] Pressure Gauge Auto https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078RD479X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Gnb7CbCGPMQ5C

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
THink you've convinced me to go with the OEM kit. Gonna place an order by next week. Thank you again!

OP
OP
ladysi

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
THink you've convinced me to go with the OEM kit. Gonna place an order by next week. Thank you again!
Ha! Most welcome. They look smart and mean and don't dazzle oncoming traffic. And super easy to install.

Let me know how you like them. It took college hills Honda about 5 days to ship them to me fyi.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ha! Most welcome. They look smart and mean and don't dazzle oncoming traffic. And super easy to install.

Let me know how you like them. It took college hills Honda about 5 days to ship them to me fyi.
May have to change the bulb color to my HID kit depending how these ones are. I eventually wanna get this kit for headlights. Looks so god damn good but also too rich for my blood. LED projector lamps, look like acura headlights:

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/h...JDCa4GZVbCpT67LWIVaT2PemGS4vaZ4hoC_y0QAvD_BwE

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The DEPOs are only so-so in the rain. But I refuse to dazzle oncoming with HIDs/LEDs bulb swaps, nor am I ready to pay for nor spend the time creating a custom retrofit. I like the OEM LEDs, they look mean and provide enough light and throw for my needs. Also, they look real nice matched up to the OEM LED fogs.
Same here. I have the Depo headlights on my EXT and the throw is sufficient enough for me. Yes, it's not super sharp like the TRS jewel eye headlights I had before (returned because of the whole 'customs'-gate, long story), but living in San Francisco I don't drive through many pitch black roads. I do have the Morimoto XB LED fogs and those are great.

Wingman520

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Most welcome about the pics.

Civic 10th gens have indirect TPMS, not an actual wireless psi/bar sensor in each tire. Basically, the ecu computes tire pressure from wheel circumference. As I live in Minnesota, I am worried about sudden temperature and barometer changes and dont trust the indirect method. Also, I like to know how much my tire pressure is changing day to day, tire temperature, and *which* tire(s) needs attention.

So I picked up an external direct set cheap - they will be good enough until I upgrade my tires + rims next year, at which point I will get some quality internal direct tpms sensors.

The cheap set I bought:
Aftermarket Tire Pressure Monitoring System TPMS Solar Power Universal Wireless with 4 External Sensors Real-time Display 4 Tires' Pressure & Temperature 22-87 PSI [2 More Battery] Pressure Gauge Auto https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078RD479X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Gnb7CbCGPMQ5C
Gotcha. I knew these were indirect since they use the wheel speed sensor for the tpms. My Chevy Impala had actual TPMS on it, and I do miss it a little bit. I'm in Ohio so the only time I need to worry about tire pressure is the winter time when the temperature drastically changes to make my tires low and fill them back up.

Wingman520

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
May have to change the bulb color to my HID kit depending how these ones are. I eventually wanna get this kit for headlights. Looks so god damn good but also too rich for my blood. LED projector lamps, look like acura headlights:

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/h...JDCa4GZVbCpT67LWIVaT2PemGS4vaZ4hoC_y0QAvD_BwE
Those are the dream headlights I want haha. I saw their last black friday sale had 25% off so I'll be waiting for awhile as much as I'd love to get these. IDK how much greater they are compared to OEM though. Maybe get some comparisons if someone actually decided to buy these, but idk anyone who would.

consultadrone

First Name
Pittman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Coupe
Country flag
I just took a rock to my drivers side fog light and it shattered the crap out of the glass lens, so I have some decisions to make. I've been itching to ditch the chrome grill on the front but have been putting off taking the bumper off. Now, I suppose it's time to bite the bullet and go for it. I was looking at the Morimoto set of LEDs which have polycarbonate lenses, but I really do like the idea of OEM stuff. Does the Honda OEM LED set have glass or Poly lenses? I'm assuming they'll be a direct drop in for my '17 touring coupe. Thanks in advance.

Excellent write up, BTW! Super helpful and takes a lot of the "scary" out of yanking the front clip.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 OEM LED Fog Lights Work on ALL 10th Gens!!!!! fo

kyle61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
Anyone try to remove honeycomb faux vent without remove bumper? I saw someone do it on type-r, anyway do it on 17's hatch?