2019 infotainment reviews?

jetydosa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
So my other vehicle Ive been driving about a year is a 2018 Fit Sport. It has what appears to be basically the same AA/CP/Touchscreen unit as the Civics except it has the beloved volume knob.

I got my 17 CTR last week.

I can tell you with certainty the 18 Fits unit is *significantly* faster than the 17/18 Civic. It has virtually no lag on any menu, activating Siri is quite a bit faster, and just overall performance is much less laggy and snappier.

It clearly has a better processor/more RAM or maybe just is a better software revision (or both!). I am wondering if the 19 Civic ~= 18 Fit.
Sponsored

Reactions: mjh

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
So my other vehicle Ive been driving about a year is a 2018 Fit Sport. It has what appears to be basically the same AA/CP/Touchscreen unit as the Civics except it has the beloved volume knob.

I can tell you with certainty the 18 Fits unit is *significantly* faster than the 17/18 Civic. It has virtually no lag on any menu, activating Siri is quite a bit faster, and just overall performance is much less laggy and snappier.

It clearly has a better processor/more RAM or maybe just is a better software revision (or both!). I am wondering if the 19 Civic ~= 18 Fit.
I doubt it :(
If you really want a correct, definitive answer, you best bet is to visit your local Honda Dealer, and check out a number of the 2019 Civic's Infotainment system, for different Civic Models. Not all are the same,either 2018 or 2019.

jetydosa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
I doubt it :(
If you really want a correct, definitive answer, you best bet is to visit your local Honda Dealer, and check out a number of the 2019 Civic's Infotainment system, for different Civic Models. Not all are the same,either 2018 or 2019.
Right well I realize the part #s will be different (as buttons are slightly different etc), but I mean the hardware actually running the radio.

Hoping someone will figure it out how to make the 19 hardware (or the 18 Fit!) work on the 17-18.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Right well I realize the part #s will be different (as buttons are slightly different etc), but I mean the hardware actually running the radio.

Hoping someone will figure it out how to make the 19 hardware (or the 18 Fit!) work on the 17-18.
And I am hoping for World Peace ;)

Not going to be many "someones" who are going to blow $1000, just to try if it works. only to find out that it doesn't"

If they were the same, they would not have different part numbers.
They may look similar on the outside (from the front), but on the back, and even more inside, the are different.

" My auto mechanic always said, Honda Radios are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.”

OP
OP
mjh

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag

Not getting my hopes up, but I am curious: does your Fit have the same software interface as the Civic?

jetydosa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
Not getting my hopes up, but I am curious: does your Fit have the same software interface as the Civic?
Yeah, well it doesn't have the climate control or Navi stuff but other than that is exactly the same. Menu layout, color choice, AA/CP etc

Ninebreaker8

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 JGM Rsx-S (Soon to be sold) 2002 GPW Mugen EP3 (RIP)
Country flag
In for info about this too, as I REALLY want the volume control knob as well as climate control buttons... Would really like to see if the 2019 Unit fits my 2018 model. I was told by someone that it was plug and play, but with no proof, there leaves much to be desired.

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
2019 Hatchback Touring.

It works. But I am not used to 2018. Most of the time I use the volume on the wheel. One or two clicks. Dash lights up volume at 12 or 13. I don't run it all that loud. I have used the other buttons Map, Audio, or Home. It is slow. Slow to come on in the mornings. Press Source to switch from USB to FM it is slow. Not bad, the display is much better and I like it better than my 2013. More info on tracks that I can actually read. I am not needing lightening fast either. As long as it works.

So for all the hype about a volume knob, it is nice. Feels nice. You can feel the clicks when you turn it just like pressing the volume on the steering wheel. It has a nice feel better than my Mini had. Really great quality volume knob. I do like the Climate Controls! Nice to just the fan. I do that all the time and if I had to use the screen it would drive me crazy. I use those buttons the most. But like anything I can get used to this is how you have to do this sort of thing.

Phone works fine but wife says when I answer she hears a terrible squeal at first all the time. I hear nothing and it works fine. Not using an iPhone. Love the car. Not disappointed at all. Sound System is great in the Touring. I have not changed Wallpaper or did anything to the Infotainment System. I keep glasses cleaner with rag to keep it clean in a case.

If I had a 2018 not sure I would change it out. In a few years I am sure there will be much better as there alway is with technology.

SSJBart2003

My 2018 Honda Civic Hatch EX - Vegeta approved
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatch EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey all. Does anyone have a price for a standalone 2019 Civic radio? I really want to swap one in for my 2018 Hatch EX.

dt17

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback turbo 2017
Country flag
Hey all. Does anyone have a price for a standalone 2019 Civic radio? I really want to swap one in for my 2018 Hatch EX.
I heard the specs for the android unit is exactly the same. Only hard buttons for volume and some other hard buttons. I’ll wait till they upgrade the specs. Because sometimes the unit fails and takes forever to reboot

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I heard the specs for the android unit is exactly the same. Only hard buttons for volume and some other hard buttons. I’ll wait till they upgrade the specs. Because sometimes the unit fails and takes forever to reboot
Waiting for Honda too update the HU spec ?
You have a LONG WAIT ahead.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 infotainment reviews? Waiting%20for%20a%20facebook%20notification(1)

Did Honda even publish a full "SPEC" for the 2016-2018 units ?

aflores

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback LX
Country flag
So if I have a LX screen in my civic at the moment, and I buy a 2018 touchscreen from the ex will it be plug and play and still work for backup camera? And does it include CarPlay

Bubbajudd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
I just installed the 2019 head unit screen in my 2018 SI. Couple bugs I've noticed: the screen brightness can no longer be adjusted. Dash and climate still dim fine but the new buttons and screen are locked at max brightness. The brightness button up top does click through the day, night and off mode but only the off mode works. This makes night driving rough and I'm honestly not sure its worth the trade-off. Also, I can't access the hidden diagnostics menu built into the system anymore. Used to hold brightness, power, and menu (phone in 2019).

alicj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
I just installed the 2019 head unit screen in my 2018 SI. Couple bugs I've noticed: the screen brightness can no longer be adjusted. Dash and climate still dim fine but the new buttons and screen are locked at max brightness. The brightness button up top does click through the day, night and off mode but only the off mode works. This makes night driving rough and I'm honestly not sure its worth the trade-off. Also, I can't access the hidden diagnostics menu built into the system anymore. Used to hold brightness, power, and menu (phone in 2019).
Hi Bubbajudd, thank you so much for sharing your experience! I was just researching on this and debating whether to drive 100km one way to pick up a 2019 head unit. I guess I'll just deal with the touch buttons!

When you say dash and climate still dim what do you mean by dash? I guess only the climate buttons can be dimmed?
Sponsored