jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
A lot of people are complaining about the sport trim having the 2.0L or even making fun of it, but keep in mind that this is nothing new for Honda. For example, the last gen Accord had a "sport" trim that had the 2.4L engine and not the V6, which make the EX-L and touring versions of the Accord way faster and it sold well and I didn't see anyone complain. This is just a marketing decision by Honda and "sport" just means nicer wheels and exterior looks so they can move more Civics.
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A lot of people are complaining about the sport trim having the 2.0L or even making fun of it, but keep in mind that this is nothing new for Honda. For example, the last gen Accord had a "sport" trim that had the 2.4L engine and not the V6, which make the EX-L and touring versions of the Accord way faster and it sold well and I didn't see anyone complain. This is just a marketing decision by Honda and "sport" just means nicer wheels and exterior looks so they can move more Civics.
I dont think anyone is making fun of the 2.0 moreso making fun of 1 member who claims the 2.0 is the greatest thing since sliced bread and comparing it to an Si. The engine is fine for what it is. Ive owned and Accord Sport and the only thing sporty about it was the 18" wheels and the paddle shifters.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I dont think anyone is making fun of the 2.0 moreso making fun of 1 member who claims the 2.0 is the greatest thing since sliced bread and comparing it to an Si. The engine is fine for what it is. Ive owned and Accord Sport and the only thing sporty about it was the 18" wheels and the paddle shifters.
Not trying to reboot the 2.0 vs. 1.5 topic again lol, I meant "making fun" in a lighter sense of things for people who are disappointed there isnt a 1.5 for the sport trim (which is fine). All im saying is as you mentioned, the accord sport was just an exterior upgrade with no actual performance benefits, much like the new civic sport is going to be and thats just Honda's marketing decision.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not trying to reboot the 2.0 vs. 1.5 topic again lol, I meant "making fun" in a lighter sense of things for people who are disappointed there isnt a 1.5 for the sport trim (which is fine). All im saying is as you mentioned, the accord sport was just an exterior upgrade with no actual performance benefits, much like the new civic sport is going to be and thats just Honda's marketing decision.
Honestly, its going to sell like hot cakes man. People eat that stuff up. Especially first time buyers to the honda brand or those that dont research. But by stealing the SI tip and wheels for the Sport, I bet the SI is getting a nice update as well to keep it looking different than the sport

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
An Si in the US can be had for $22,500 OTD. mutliple users have confirmed thats what they paid. If you are really about the performance, paying a couple grand more for a far superior car is definitely worth it and the SI will wipe the floor with that lx

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
somehow hondas decision to slap on the hdmi exhaust brings out the hideous rear fake vents even more

Last edited:

Markdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2010 Civic LXS, 2007 Civic EX
If you know Honda the sport model means mid cycle extra value model. That is all it means.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
Honestly, its going to sell like hot cakes man. People eat that stuff up. Especially first time buyers to the honda brand or those that dont research. But by stealing the SI tip and wheels for the Sport, I bet the SI is getting a nice update as well to keep it looking different than the sport
They sure didnt put much effort making 16-18 SI look different than civic touring. Still trying to teach my family the difference. :confused:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They sure didnt put much effort making 16-18 SI look different than civic touring. Still trying to teach my family the difference. :confused:
Its always just been wheels and different front and rear fascia on the outside which were different than the touring.

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What gets me is the inconsistency within the Civic lineup alone, assuming they don't change much for the MY19 hatch. The entire hatch line has the 1.5T with the "sport" trims getting a single digit HP boost, but the 1.5T is an upgrade path for the sedans and coupes and their "sport" trim has a 2.0 identical to that of the LX. It's obviously selling well, so no point fixing what's not broken, but the mental map of the trims is stupid-looking nonetheless.
Sponsored