HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2019 Honda Civic's new Sport trim starts at $21,150

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Honda Civic's new Sport trim starts at $21,150 2019-honda-civic-hero

The Honda Civic is currently in the middle of its 10th-generation stride, picking up a few notable updates for the 2019 model year. But one thing it didn't pick up was a big ol' price hike.

The 2019 Honda Civic starts at $19,450 for a base LX sedan with a six-speed manual transmission, a $510 bump over last year's model. Part of the reason for this modest price hike is the addition of Honda Sensing on every single trim. Honda Sensing is the automaker's suite of active and passive safety systems that includes automatic braking, forward collision warning and adaptive cruise control.

If you want a coupe instead of a sedan, that price rises to $20,650, and you lose the ability to get the base model with a stick. Its four-cylinder engine puts out 158 horsepower and 138 pound-feet of torque. Standard equipment includes automatic climate control, a 7-inch digital gauge cluster and a 5-inch infotainment screen.

New for 2019 is the addition of a Sport trim above LX. Starting at $21,150 for the sedan or $21,450 for the coupe, the Sport trim can be had with either a manual transmission or a CVT. It's the budget-enthusiast trim, with larger alloy wheels, a decklid spoiler on the sedan and a black lower front fascia on both coupe and sedan. It also adds a larger 7-inch infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

The next trim, EX, starts at $23,400 for the sedan and $23,200 for the coupe. This adds neat features like keyless entry, heated side mirrors, a moonroof and the LaneWatch side-mounted blind-spot camera. The sedan also gets an eight-way power driver's seat, which explains why it's $900 more expensive than last year's. Sedan buyers can opt for a more expensive EX-L trim with leather, but coupe buyers don't get an EX-L trim. The EX trim also replaces the 2.0-liter I4 with a 1.5-liter turbocharged I4 putting out 174 horsepower and 162 pound-feet of torque.

At the top of the list is the Civic Touring, which will set you back $27,300 for the sedan or $26,850 for the coupe. This trim adds LED headlights with a new design, sport pedals, leather seats and, for the sedan, a power passenger seat and heated rear seats. You can check out full pricing, along with a comparison to last year's window stickers, below. The 2019 Civic hits dealerships on Oct. 10.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Honda Civic's new Sport trim starts at $21,150 2a68ghi

https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/2019-honda-civic-price-msrp/

averagetrackdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 S2000
Country flag
https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/2019-honda-civic-price-msrp/

2019 Honda Civic's new Sport trim starts at $21,150

2019-honda-civic-hero.jpg

The Honda Civic is currently in the middle of its 10th-generation stride, picking up a few notable updates for the 2019 model year. But one thing it didn't pick up was a big ol' price hike.

The 2019 Honda Civic starts at $19,450 for a base LX sedan with a six-speed manual transmission, a $510 bump over last year's model. Part of the reason for this modest price hike is the addition of Honda Sensing on every single trim. Honda Sensing is the automaker's suite of active and passive safety systems that includes automatic braking, forward collision warning and adaptive cruise control.

If you want a coupe instead of a sedan, that price rises to $20,650, and you lose the ability to get the base model with a stick. Its four-cylinder engine puts out 158 horsepower and 138 pound-feet of torque. Standard equipment includes automatic climate control, a 7-inch digital gauge cluster and a 5-inch infotainment screen.

New for 2019 is the addition of a Sport trim above LX. Starting at $21,150 for the sedan or $21,450 for the coupe, the Sport trim can be had with either a manual transmission or a CVT. It's the budget-enthusiast trim, with larger alloy wheels, a decklid spoiler on the sedan and a black lower front fascia on both coupe and sedan. It also adds a larger 7-inch infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

The next trim, EX, starts at $23,400 for the sedan and $23,200 for the coupe. This adds neat features like keyless entry, heated side mirrors, a moonroof and the LaneWatch side-mounted blind-spot camera. The sedan also gets an eight-way power driver's seat, which explains why it's $900 more expensive than last year's. Sedan buyers can opt for a more expensive EX-L trim with leather, but coupe buyers don't get an EX-L trim. The EX trim also replaces the 2.0-liter I4 with a 1.5-liter turbocharged I4 putting out 174 horsepower and 162 pound-feet of torque.

At the top of the list is the Civic Touring, which will set you back $27,300 for the sedan or $26,850 for the coupe. This trim adds LED headlights with a new design, sport pedals, leather seats and, for the sedan, a power passenger seat and heated rear seats. You can check out full pricing, along with a comparison to last year's window stickers, below. The 2019 Civic hits dealerships on Oct. 10.

2a68ghi.jpg
I wonder why the Sport coupe is $300 more than the Sport sedan.

reallynotnick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
Looks like it is a price drop if you wanted Honda Sensing, when I compared the Turbo CVT w/ Sensing the 2019 model is $100 cheaper. Not a bad deal.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks like it is a price drop if you wanted Honda Sensing, when I compared the Turbo CVT w/ Sensing the 2019 model is $100 cheaper. Not a bad deal.
yep sensing was like a $1k option on the 2016-2018 models.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How is the 2.0 sport engine closing the gap? Its the same engine that's been in the base sedan/coupe since MY2016
He likes to say uniformed things to make him feel better about buying an lx 2.0. Its still a 48 hp difference from the lx to the SI. dudes on crack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura Manual Transmission + Nav + Heated Leather
Country flag
*sigh* Let us hope that there are better stick options for the Hatchback or possibly an SI hatch? yea right...

neastguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury Mariner
Country flag
I wonder when they will come out with the Hatch info.. very close to buying one... basically once I sell my car.. no I don't know if I should wait until I hear what the specs will be... I love the look of the sport but don't like the tech in it... hmmmmm