Kjaved

First Name
Khalid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic
Country flag
Hey Guys I’m getting so frustrate I bought a 2019 Honda Civic hatchback ex model after 2 weeks later my smart entry stopped working it works fine with remote but touch sensor to unlock doors, handle button that locks & remote start doesn’t work. and I tried few things like battery disconnect & taking the fuse out but nothing helped. It was working fine before. I checked threads but they were on 2016 models I didn’t see any on 2019 so I’m wondering if anyone had that same issue? My problem is I bought mine rebuild title. Took it to the dealer asked them if they had any customers who had that same problem the tech was acting like my only car has that problem so I gave him more detail that a lot of civic models are having problems then he said yep and then he said he will charge $270 to diagnose and then they will tell me how much will be the parts and he said it can go upto $3,000. Civic been reliable car for me for last 15 years. If anyone knows please let me know I want to know what Part is causing that.
Sponsored

Giltibo

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Accord Coupe 5MT. '18 Civic Sport Touring 6MT (Both Red!)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Try a cheap solution: change the battery in your key fob. A weak battery creates that situation. Easy to do yourself. CR2032 batteries are widely available (3 for C$1.25 at Dollarama.) They last about 2 years.

OP
OP

Kjaved

First Name
Khalid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic
Country flag
Try a cheap solution: change the battery in your key fob. A weak battery creates that situation. Easy to do yourself. CR2032 batteries are widely available (3 for C$1.25 at Dollarama.) They last about 2 years.
I have tried that too but no luck.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
The next cheapest solution, so far as I know, is a system reboot (battery cable disconnect). It has been known to fix some electrical gremlins in other cases.

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
It’s still under warranty. Take it back the dealer.

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
My door handle button (lock button) on the front driver side stopped working a few months ago, but the walk away lock as well as the grab sensor to open the door still worked, just the lock button malfunctioned. They replaced the entire door handle under warranty (after a long back and forth, but thats another story), it has been working since. Yours seems to be a bigger issue though.

OP
OP

Kjaved

First Name
Khalid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic
Country flag
The next cheapest solution, so far as I know, is a system reboot (battery cable disconnect). It has been known to fix some electrical gremlins in other cases.
I have tried that too disconnected the battery twice onces for 10 min and then again for whole night but no luck :( contacted Honda hotline they won’t even help plus I emailed them no response. How do you reset the system?

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
The battery disconnect is the ultimate reset so far as I know. You say that the car had a rebuilt title. What was damaged?

Joev492

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Pull out your head unit and make sure all the connections are in there tightly. The remote access feature has antennae running to the head unit and sometimes they can become backed out of the connection. I had the same problem as you, and this is what fixed it.

OP
OP

Kjaved

First Name
Khalid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic
Country flag
The damage was rear hatch door was replaced I checked it it closes correctly. I don’t see any issues with the hatch door.

joe I will try pulling out the head unit I hate doing it I don’t want to break anything is it easy to pull out the unit I’ll see if I can find any videos before doing it.

Joev492

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
The damage was rear hatch door was replaced I checked it it closes correctly. I don’t see any issues with the hatch door.

joe I will try pulling out the head unit I hate doing it I don’t want to break anything is it easy to pull out the unit I’ll see if I can find any videos before doing it.
Very easy to pull out. You just need to remove the plastic trim on either side, then there are two screws, and it pulls right out.

I'm thinking the force from the collision it was previously in could have knocked some of the connections loose.

OP
OP

Kjaved

First Name
Khalid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic
Country flag
Thanks I will try
Hey guys guess what issue is fixed I was going through the options in the head unit & I found the option of resetting so basically what I did was clicked on the reset to factory default setting and it booted then I checked it and it starts working. Big relief I don’t know what cause that glitch. I’m so happy I got it fix and thank you all who tried to help me :)

OP
OP

Kjaved

First Name
Khalid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic
Country flag
Hey Guys I’m back so the problem with my civic came back. I wonder if it’s a software issue. Last time I restored it to factory setting & it worked but this time it didn’t work. I have tried couple time And second thing I notice when ever I fold rear seats after that it will stop working. Does anyone know if there are any cables going through the rear seats for smart entry? And does anyone know if I connect obd2 will that troubleshoot the smart entry?

Samueldt

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic coupe ex-t
Country flag
Hey Guys I’m back so the problem with my civic came back. I wonder if it’s a software issue. Last time I restored it to factory setting & it worked but this time it didn’t work. I have tried couple time And second thing I notice when ever I fold rear seats after that it will stop working. Does anyone know if there are any cables going through the rear seats for smart entry? And does anyone know if I connect obd2 will that troubleshoot the smart entry?
Did you try reprograming your smart key, i had the same problem with my 17' coupe and i just fixed it
Sponsored