First Name
LC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatchback
Country flag
Hello all,

I have a 2019 Hatchback EX. I did the visual upgrades I wanted - Smoked side markers, tints, and rubber mats inside. Last thing I really want is to make the car sound better. I know since it's a CVT I won't get much "upgrades" out of it to make it faster, and I also want to continue getting the best MPG possible. That said, I just want to make it sound nicer. I've heard it can be accomplished with a muffler or a new intake. What are your guys' thoughts? Looking for something relatively easy (I can do upgrades myself if needed) and relatively cheap. Hoping for less than $300. Thoughts?
Sponsored

oberstja

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You should look at a KTuner if you haven't yet, hands down the best mod I have got for my Civic. It's $450 and you will notice an immediate difference if you flash a tune. I'm using a CVT just like yourself and my KTuner brought my Civic back to life. That being said it's up to you to decide what you want to mod. I've heard good things about the Mishimoto CAI. For exhaust I myself went with a GReddy Supreme but that was close to $600. It's not the loudest, but compared to stock it's a nice improvement.

OP
OP

cloudpico

First Name
LC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What did the KTuner do for you specifically?

OP
OP

cloudpico

First Name
LC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Very interesting. It seems like that's the best bang for your buck and will give you good performance upgrades. Does it allow it to sound better? I think I saw an option that it will.

Barry

Banned
Banned
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Country flag
You should look at a KTuner if you haven't yet, hands down the best mod I have got for my Civic. It's $450 and you will notice an immediate difference if you flash a tune. I'm using a CVT just like yourself and my KTuner brought my Civic back to life. That being said it's up to you to decide what you want to mod. I've heard good things about the Mishimoto CAI. For exhaust I myself went with a GReddy Supreme but that was close to $600. It's not the loudest, but compared to stock it's a nice improvement.
Ktuner doesn't do anything for sound

OP
OP

cloudpico

First Name
LC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ktuner doesn't do anything for sound
Understood. Okay, well it's still good to know about the KTuner, it def sounds like something that would benefit. So - anything good for sound in that case?

Barry

Banned
Banned
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Country flag
Very interesting. It seems like that's the best bang for your buck and will give you good performance upgrades. Does it allow it to sound better? I think I saw an option that it will.
Also dont listen to these people whose boasting about ktuner and hondata because they way people were talking I thought that ktuner or hondata will make my car really faster but it didn't...it does make it faster than stock but not by much ....see what happens these guys were saying oh men the ktuner turn my car into a race car so naturally my expectations were high until I bought a ktuner flash it and was disappointed..its definitely faster than stock but not much...so dont keep your Hope's up too high..especially for a cvt

OP
OP

cloudpico

First Name
LC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Also dont listen to these people whose boasting about ktuner and hondata because they way people were talking I thought that ktuner or hondata will make my car really faster but it didn't...it does make it faster than stock but not by much ....see what happens these guys were saying oh men the ktuner turn my car into a race car so naturally my expectations were high until I bought a ktuner flash it and was disappointed..its definitely faster than stock but not much...so dont keep your Hope's up too high..especially for a cvt
I wouldn't imagine it would make it amazing, it's a CVT afterall. I'm not looking for performance gains here, I just want to make it sound better lol. The styling on the car is so aggressive, but the sound isn't. That's my goal.

Barry

Banned
Banned
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Country flag
I wouldn't imagine it would make it amazing, it's a CVT afterall. I'm not looking for performance gains here, I just want to make it sound better lol. The styling on the car is so aggressive, but the sound isn't. That's my goal.
If your looking for sound then ktuner would be a waste of time...just get a cat back setup or do a muffler and resonator delete

oberstja

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know since it's a CVT I won't get much "upgrades" out of it to make it faster, and I also want to continue getting the best MPG possible.

I only mention KTuner in response to this part of your original post. No it's not going to have an effect on your sound, but it will provide you an opportunity to get better performance out of your car which I would imagine is about as much of an upgrade as you can expect for this type of car. I recognize now that sound is your priority and more what you're looking for right now so I would agree with what Barry said.

OP
OP

cloudpico

First Name
LC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If your looking for sound then ktuner would be a waste of time...just get a cat back setup or do a muffler and resonator delete
Any particular products you can suggest? I guess i'm just not sure what I should be looking for if i'm looking for cheap/easy. I'm not looking for it to sound like a monster, just growl more.

OP
OP

cloudpico

First Name
LC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I only mention KTuner in response to this part of your original post. No it's not going to have an effect on your sound, but it will provide you an opportunity to get better performance out of your car which I would imagine is about as much of an upgrade as you can expect for this type of car. I recognize now that sound is your priority and more what you're looking for right now so I would agree with what Barry said.
All good, I know for sure that soon I'll get that because it definitely seems like the next logical step!
Sponsored