First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just got the full lighting kit installed at my local Honda dealer. I bought all the parts from College Hills Honda. Dropped off my car in the morning and luckily I was able to get a loaner because it took most of the day to complete. I would say the results are pretty good and I got what I wanted. However now there is a very small rattle behind the steering wheel area and I suspect it has something to do with the install. Need to figure out what it is because it is starting to get really annoying when driving with no music.

The brightness of the console and ambient light are controlled with the brightness dial so that is pretty nice compared to an aftermarket kit. Like others mentioned the ambient light in the footwell isn't as bright as I would like it for the cost. The console illumination and door sill look pretty good in my opinion. Overall I am happy I got them installed.

Cost me $834 (plus tax $905.94) for labor for installing the following:
Console Illumination Kit (Red) - 08E16-TEA-110A
Ambient Lighting Kit (Red) - 08E10-TEA-100A
Illuminated Door Sill Trim - 08E12-TEA-100A
Splash Guards (Sport Hatch) - 08P00-TGG-100A

Sponsored

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
That's the benefit of the OEM ambient. It gets its power from the climate controls so when it dimes so do the lights. I never adjust my brightness, so while I wanted to originally run the same set up with after markets I decided to keep the brightness at a level I'm comfortable with and get the power elsewhere. I did however use a relay so that my lights are only on when my driver door opens or when my lights turn on. Glad you like it though! I'll probably get the door sill illumination but I'll just put it in myself.

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
whatd install cost? i got all the stuff just feeling lazy but i got the pocket lights and need to sounds proof my doors.
Sponsored