Kevin920415

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
SO. I've noticed the other day when I turn the A/C on max low temp and adjust the vent to only top section I notice the a/c would come on full blast at first and turn down slightly and come back on full blast again and turn down slightly... does anyone have this issue also? Far as air pressure setting I'm 1 bar away from full blast. A/C on this car feels like eh.
Sponsored

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
Are you using the automatic climate control?

Jt_theory

CTR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ABM Civic Type R
Country flag
I would think it's the AUTO climate also. I usually just leave mine between 65-68F, strong at first then it quiets down for temp control.

OP
OP
Kevin920415

Kevin920415

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
nope. I’ve checked but I rarely turn on auto climate.

MisterC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Neon SRT4, 2014 Hyundai Elantra, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Compared to the elantra I had previously, the AC in this car has been hot shit from day 1. I've read there is a tsb on gen X civics for the AC, doesn't surprise me.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
In my experience this seems to have trickled down from my old 3G Acura TL. At least in Auto (i rarely ever turn on A/C without auto) the fan will adjust speed depending on your orientation to the sun.

If you are driving facing the Sun, it will increase the air flow to compensate. If you make a turn away from the sun it will decrease.

I'm not 100% sure if this is the same feature, but it was present on the TL, so I ignored it. I notice my fan speeds changing from time to time.

You also might just be noticing the cycling of the compressor on/off. That draws power from the motor and also might affect the alternator speed, therefore electrical system by proxy. If you are parked, open the door/window and peek your head out. If the sound of the compressor is in line with what you're feeling inside, then it could be related.

Last edited:

darrvao777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR, '18 G550
Country flag
my ac died today, it’s 99 degrees outside , i have it set on auto at the lowest temperature setting, and it’s venting out hot air

car is 13 months old

disappointing

OP
OP
Kevin920415

Kevin920415

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
my ac died today, it’s 99 degrees outside , i have it set on auto at the lowest temperature setting, and it’s venting out hot air

car is 13 months old

disappointing
[/QUOTE

car is 13 months old

disappointing
well at least it went out before your warranty is out right?

darrvao777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR, '18 G550
Country flag
that’s true gotta look at the positives of the situation too ?

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I have a '19 CTR and the AC is goofy. Works fine cooling-wise, but it's up and down all around as far as regulating the cabin temperature. Move it one degree one way or another and it either stops or speeds up dramatically. I generally like my temp around 74-75 and moving the thermostat (on auto) from 74-75 either speeds it up or slows it down dramatically, OR does nothing at all.
I've never owned a car with such a weirdly behaving AC system. Our Santa Fe just cools the cabin, don't even think about it while it's operating. My 370Z AC system just cooled the cabin, I never noticed it working.
I even went as far as checking to make sure the AC "sampling/temp monitor" hose was correctly connected and positioned.
Nothing seems "broken", just seems like the algorithm for cooling got bucked up and no one has ever fixed it.

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
No issues with my 2020. Just that whenever I turn it on, the A/C turns on automatically. I just want just the outside air blowing, not the A/C right away.

Joe1986

Banned
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
SO. I've noticed the other day when I turn the A/C on max low temp and adjust the vent to only top section I notice the a/c would come on full blast at first and turn down slightly and come back on full blast again and turn down slightly... does anyone have this issue also? Far as air pressure setting I'm 1 bar away from full blast. A/C on this car feels like eh.
All these 10thgen civic ac are weak and embarrassing...my uncle 15 year old Corolla gets cooler faster than my civic

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
All these 10thgen civic ac are weak and embarrassing...my uncle 15 year old Corolla gets cooler faster than my civic
Older systems used different refrigerant. It got colder, but was pretty nasty to deal with environmentally. My Civic actually cools better than my 2018 Silverado. GM used to have frigid AC systems, but not anymore. The modern ones don't work as well. Get ceramic tint. It makes a huge difference in cabin temperature.
Sponsored