Plombhpa

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, F150
Country flag
Hey guys, new to the site and finally in the market for a new 2019 CTR (Championship White or Sonic Gray Pearl) at invoice (~$34.6K). After hours of calls to various dealers today nationwide, I'm beginning to really appreciate the posts and frustrations about ridiculous ADM's + added equipment charges, especially on a relatively high volume vehicle that's been out for 3 years! Please, if anyone has a line on a new 2019 (CW or SGP) CTR at invoice, pass it along. Many thanks.
Alot of dealers are hurting right now. My recommendation is to send emails to a number of dealers stating what you want and that you will buy from the 1st one offering MSRP with no add ones. Put all of the dealers on one email so they get the idea that if they want the sale they will have to step up.
Sponsored

Rottboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 BB CType R; ''17 Alfa Romeo 4C Coupe; 15 Honda Fit LX Manual; '14 MB G550;
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

fk-eight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR R-35355/ 2021 SGP Accord Touring
Country flag
Dude, let's start a seniors sub-forum. Going on 68!!! LOL!!
Will be loving my CTR shortly!!!
20200423_114533.jpg
Yeah, there we go. I think this may actually be better looking than my SGP. Something tells me I need a second CTR.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Dude, let's start a seniors sub-forum. Going on 68!!! LOL!!
Will be loving my CTR shortly!!!
20200423_114533.jpg
You need to make a thread when you get it and have some wheel time about what you feel about it compared to any stickshift you've ever driven over the years. I've driven stick since the early 90's and this is the best 'feeling' car I've ever owned.

Rottboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You need to make a thread..............about it compared to any stickshift you've ever driven.....................I've driven stick since the early 90's...................
Maybe not a separate thread but instead contribute posts to one that already exists ('20 Test Drives/Reviews). Others have started to give their impressions there.
Have driven stick since the mid-sixties!!! My first wheels was my beloved MG (RHD) Midget 1275cc 4-speed with non-syncro 1st and reverse gears. Double clutching was an art I had to master!!!

Last edited:

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Maybe not a separate thread but instead contribute posts to one that already exists ('20 Test Drives/Reviews). Others have started to give their impressions there.
Have driven stick since the mid-sixties!!! My first wheels was my beloved MG (RHD) Midget 1275cc 4-speed with non-syncro 1st and reverse gears. Double clutching was an art I had to master!!!
Double clutcher here - you're going to laugh how fun and perfect the rev match is on this car lol

Plombhpa

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, F150
Country flag
I’m still double clutching, two 1940 Fords, one is a 3 ton fire truck. And yes the R is a pleasure to drive but so are the 40s.

Rottboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Double clutcher here - you're going to laugh how fun and perfect the rev match is on this car lol
I hear ya!!! My Audi R8 rev matches and it's a joy but its an R-Tronic. Have driven a '17 and '19 CTR so I do know what to expect. Your absolutely right, I am going to have fun!!!!

I’m still double clutching, two 1940 Fords, one is a 3 ton fire truck................
Yeah babeh!!!
The few of us left with this art of double-clutching are a dying breed. At my age I could go anytime, however, this CTR will make me live at least a decade more!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
I started this thread about 6 days ago and appreciate all the feedback. As an update, I've finally located (in my color preferences) a couple of new or lightly used (less than 500 miles on the odo) 2019 CTR's in the $33-34K range. The next challenge after firming up a deal, since I live in Wyoming appears to be finding a reputable car transporter in this current environment that will actually deliver the car to me. Depending on location, a lot of drivers are just not working currently, of course due to valid other concerns. Would appreciate any recommendations you guys have had with reputable brokers/transporters for your own cars. On another topic, I'm probably not the average demographic for a typical CTR owner (retired and 62). Have owned probably 50+ performance cars in my lifetime, so quite a bit of variety. I have to say I test drove a CTR in December and kinda fell in love with the handling and overall competence of the thing! Just out of curiosity, any other "older" CTR owners out there? Thanks.
54 here and I have and still own a number of performance cars. I own and operate a Mustang specific performance shop, since 1993 to be exact and I absolutely love my 19' Type R. Funny thing is how many of my muscle car loving friends and customer's end up loving the CTR!:thumbsup:

Rottboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
54 here.... loving the CTR!:thumbsup:
Hell Hpbyhmann, you make me feel really old!! Am more than a decade older and still trying to look for that elixer of youth. My solution, the CTR. It will make me feel like I'm 20 again and best of all, live longer!!! LOL!!!
And to think I thought a young 20 yr. old blond may be my solution. Wrong - a financial bottomless pit if things don't work out. Best to invest in a fixed asset which can't talk back. All it can do is depreciate in value. The blond will depreciate in both looks and value!!!!
Have had a '68 Firebird 400 with a tri-power set-up and a '73 Corvette coupe in the past. Torque masters for sure in the straight line, but pits in the corners.
Being from old school, manual tranny is the way to go, and a vehicle like the CTR which chews up corners with no effort is going to be all out joy.
The young boys can kill us in the straight line with their Shelby GT350/500, Camaro's ZL1's, Challenger Hellcat's, etc....but we'll show them the leading way in the corners!!! LOL!!! Honestly though, they all have improved but are still heavy and not as manageable as a CTR.
Time for us to contemplate starting a senior CTR owner's thread!!!

Last edited:

Plombhpa

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, F150
Country flag
54 here and I have and still own a number of performance cars. I own and operate a Mustang specific performance shop, since 1993 to be exact and I absolutely love my 19' Type R. Funny thing is how many of my muscle car loving friends and customer's end up loving the CTR!:thumbsup:
There are two of us on this post that are older than you. I’m 65 and the other gentleman is 68. Just enjoy the car and don’t consider what anyone else thinks.

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
There are two of us on this post that are older than you. I’m 65 and the other gentleman is 68. Just enjoy the car and don’t consider what anyone else thinks.
I think that I bought the wrong car if I cared about what other people think, good or bad!:lol: The whole point of my post was it was able to make some diehard muscle car guys big fans of a Japanese performance car. A good thing. I myself like any performance vehicle.

OP
OP

CTRDON

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Country flag
I think that I bought the wrong car if I cared about what other people think, good or bad!:lol: The whole point of my post was it was able to make some diehard muscle car guys big fans of a Japanese performance car. A good thing. I myself like any performance vehicle.
1'm 62 and coming out of a 2017 Camaro SS 1LE, which I thoroughly enjoyed for 3 years. Ready to try something different, should be an interesting transition!

J o n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Z/28, '22 Ridgeline , '22 CR-V Hybrid
Country flag
1'm 62 and coming out of a 2017 Camaro SS 1LE, which I thoroughly enjoyed for 3 years. Ready to try something different, should be an interesting transition!
Definitely different cars. I own a CTR and a '15 z/28. Both great in their own ways
Sponsored