2019 CTR's at Invoice?

RTC975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type-R
Country flag
Don I'm 39, don't fit the prime demographic for the car and honestly don't care what anyone thinks about the CTR. Already got comments at work that it's a kids car, yet everyone wants to drive it (which of course is not happening).

It is SO practical, I've had it a month and have hauled folding tables, multiple desktop pc setups for work, a TON of groceries and all sorts of stuff. Plus when I want to go bang gears and rip it, it's extremely capable.

I am changing out the brake pads to some akebono ceramics tomorrow and changing the oil. The stock pads are great but kick out a ton of dust and up here in NY if it's a little cold, they need to get some heat in them before they'll really bite.

Get a set of rally armors or ZL1 rockguards, a MUST. Literally the first thing I did because these tires do a great job of cleaning up the roads and kicking all that crap up in to the paint.

Love the thing, fantastic car.

Best of luck!
Sponsored

diakonia

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R, Accord, CRV
Country flag
Alot of dealers are hurting right now. My recommendation is to send emails to a number of dealers stating what you want and that you will buy from the 1st one offering MSRP with no add ones. Put all of the dealers on one email so they get the idea that if they want the sale they will have to step up.
Pearson Honda in Midlothian, Virginia has a 2019 red CTR with a $3000 ADM but salesmen Don says he will take MSRP for it (maybe less?)

Fenrir07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mazda 3
Country flag
Talked to a local dealer that has Sonic Gray `19 CTR. I asked if they could come down invoice from $38k and they said yes. The catch was the car comes with a 'Paint / fabric protection and Dent and Ding protection which put the final price at $35,270.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
I assume the dent and ring is some sort of insurance which can easily be removed. The fabric protection is pure profit maker for the dealer. If you don’t want either, tell them invoice only. I bet they take it.

Fenrir07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mazda 3
Country flag
Per what the dealer described.
"
Paint and Fab: Ceramic coating covering entire car from : Fading, Chalking, Loss of gloss, acid rain, bird droppings etc( i will send you the pamphlet ). The fabric is a special chemical on the fabric that protects from: Fading, food and drinks spills, makeup, crayons, blood, ink etc (send in pamphlet as well). Both of these will be free of cost and Honda will have a team come to you and give you a loaner car while these are being fixed.

Ding and Dent: Insurance that covers dents and door dings and there is no limit to number of times that this can be repaired. Also, hail damage is covered up to $1,000 when using paintless dent repair.
"
I might be SOL on getting them to remove the added cost from the paint and fabric.

J o n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Z/28, '22 Ridgeline , '22 CR-V Hybrid
Country flag
"
Paint and Fab: Ceramic coating covering entire car from : Fading, Chalking, Loss of gloss, acid rain, bird droppings etc( i will send you the pamphlet ). The fabric is a special chemical on the fabric that protects from: Fading, food and drinks spills, makeup, crayons, blood, ink etc (send in pamphlet as well). Both of these will be free of cost and Honda will have a team come to you and give you a loaner car while these are being fixed.

Ding and Dent: Insurance that covers dents and door dings and there is no limit to number of times that this can be repaired. Also, hail damage is covered up to $1,000 when using paintless dent repair.
"
I might be SOL on getting them to remove the added cost from the paint and fabric.
Unless you know and trust who applied the ceramic coating... the process of prepping and applying it correctly is very precise. If not done correctly, at best it won't last. At worst, damage to the car and/or streaking mess that needs professionally removed.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
"

"
They didn't do anything to it - I would guarantee pretty much - but how can you prove otherwise? It's all horseshit and the games dealers play. Either pay it or find another dealership that doesn't do that - I optioned for the latter and just had to travel a bit to drive it home.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
"

"
They can - and likely will. Their cost is minimal. Just profit. Just be serious and tell them you’ll buy the car today at invoice plus their dealer doc fee (plus ttl, of course).

SGP is a great color, btw.

OP
OP

CTRDON

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Country flag
Awesome, I may have to get another one.
When I started this thread originally, I really wasn't sure what the outcome would be, given the high prices (over MSRP) many CTR's seemed to be commanding the last 3 years. Given the current environment, be patient I think and if you have the flexibility to travel to the pick up the car or ship the car in order to get the right deal at the right price, seriously consider it. After 2.5 months of "serious" looking/shopping, I finally secured and took delivery yesterday of a 2019 CTR in Sonic Grey Pearl, with 263 miles on the odo. The car is perfect, and came out of NY. I paid $32.5K (+TT&L). Shipping from NY to WY cost me $1K. I'm really looking forward to ripping through the mountains up here and enjoying what so many owners on this forum rave about. Good luck with your hunt!
Sponsored