Threads
Reaction score
Website
intek.net
Vehicle(s)
2019 CIVIC TYPE R & 2021 CIVIC TYPE R LE USA-103
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1st my wife got tired of me complaining about LKAS and other issues. "Go buy your damn TYPE R". That's all I needed to hear. Searched two weeks around the country. PA had a 2019 CTR CW, at MSRP on Monday of Thanksgiving week, 2018 and 1129 miles away from STL. Called and they would hold for pickup on Black Friday. On Tuesday of the same week I got a note from Cars or Gurus, one of them, that a 2019 CW CTR landed in Joliet, IL at the Honda Superstore. Called and the CTR was still on the truck being unloaded, they would hold for me at MSRP for pickup Black Friday. Drove to Peoria, IL Traded my 2018 Civic Sport Touring and drove my CTR home. I hated the LKAS, Lane departure, etc. on the Sport Touring. Now I see that you can get all that useless crap on the 2020 CTR. Good luck in your shopping. Keep trying, and don't give up. MSRP is out there
Sponsored

OP
OP

CTRDON

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Country flag
Nice. And SGP - after a number of white cars, I love SGP.

Odd selling price. Why such an unusual number?
I started this thread about 6 days ago and appreciate all the feedback. As an update, I've finally located (in my color preferences) a couple of new or lightly used (less than 500 miles on the odo) 2019 CTR's in the $33-34K range. The next challenge after firming up a deal, since I live in Wyoming appears to be finding a reputable car transporter in this current environment that will actually deliver the car to me. Depending on location, a lot of drivers are just not working currently, of course due to valid other concerns. Would appreciate any recommendations you guys have had with reputable brokers/transporters for your own cars. On another topic, I'm probably not the average demographic for a typical CTR owner (retired and 62). Have owned probably 50+ performance cars in my lifetime, so quite a bit of variety. I have to say I test drove a CTR in December and kinda fell in love with the handling and overall competence of the thing! Just out of curiosity, any other "older" CTR owners out there? Thanks.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I started this thread about 6 days ago and appreciate all the feedback. As an update, I've finally located (in my color preferences) a couple of new or lightly used (less than 500 miles on the odo) 2019 CTR's in the $33-34K range. The next challenge after firming up a deal, since I live in Wyoming appears to be finding a reputable car transporter in this current environment that will actually deliver the car to me. Depending on location, a lot of drivers are just not working currently, of course due to valid other concerns. Would appreciate any recommendations you guys have had with reputable brokers/transporters for your own cars. On another topic, I'm probably not the average demographic for a typical CTR owner (retired and 62). Have owned probably 50+ performance cars in my lifetime, so quite a bit of variety. I have to say I test drove a CTR in December and kinda fell in love with the handling and overall competence of the thing! Just out of curiosity, any other "older" CTR owners out there? Thanks.
Montway.com or Uship.com

r_rated_ctr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Tiger Honda in Gonzales, Louisiana. Don't know about shipping, but I got my 2019 Type R off the show room floor for $34,700 four months ago. Few others I know also got theirs there around low $35,000 price.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
My dealer recommended two brokers. I contacted both and selected Red Carpet Transport. Good service. Would use again. Note that they are a broker, don't own or hire the drivers, etc. This is very common but the premium shippers typically own the entire process.

There are a bunch of older CTR owners. See the owners thread. I'm 53 btw.

roflitzjinno

First Name
Jinno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Country flag
Montway.com or Uship.com
I will second both of these companies. I shipped my S2000 and EK hatch from California to Chicago two times, 2016 and 2018. Just make sure you're doing your own due diligence when the car comes in for inspection.

OP
OP

CTRDON

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I will second both of these companies. I shipped my S2000 and EK hatch from California to Chicago two times, 2016 and 2018. Just make sure you're doing your own due diligence when the car comes in for inspection.
Thanks, I just sold my SS 1LE to an out of town buyer and the driver for the shipper my purchaser selected did an incredibly detailed summary of each and every just minor minor blemish on the car (even on the underside of the front spoiler) during the pre-delivery inspection. Some of these were things I wouldn't even have picked up and I'm pretty particular about my cars. The driver said that any insurance claims came out his pocket. I suspect though that not all drivers are that concerned or detail oriented. I may just wait until the virus madness passes and buy a one-way plane ticket (while rates are still very low), pick up the car personally and just drive it home. More peace of mind on the condition side and usually cheaper since I have the time and don't have to burn vacation.

Kevin920415

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
Hi guys, I finally pulled the trigger on the type r championship white last night... I paid msrp and the wheel/tire package combo.... Buena Park in honda has a blue one for msrp.. good luck

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Hi guys, I finally pulled the trigger on the type r championship white last night... I paid msrp and the wheel/tire package combo.... Buena Park in honda has a blue one for msrp.. good luck
Nice! Congrats.

RTC975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type-R
Country flag
Hi everyone,

New member.

Taking delivery of a 2019 Sonic Gray tomorrow at Noon. Car, Wheel & tire coverage and 7y/125k for 36,599.

Last Honda was an 03 EP3 Si. Excited for this new arrival!

fk-eight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR R-35355/ 2021 SGP Accord Touring
Country flag
Nice. And SGP - after a number of white cars, I love SGP.

Odd selling price. Why such an unusual number?
Yeah, definitely odd. I’m not even sure how they came up with the exact price. But once I saw it was below invoice, plus shipping, I knew they had me.?

OP
OP

CTRDON

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah, definitely odd. I’m not even sure how they came up with the exact price. But once I saw it was below invoice, plus shipping, I knew they had me.?
Bump
Sponsored