• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

2019 CTR CW - $35,000 - 12,500miles !!!!FOR SALE!!!!!

Mbush

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW M3
Country flag
I'm interested but I'm also curious why you're selling?
Sponsored

OP
OP
dennyschulz

dennyschulz

First Name
Den
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey everyone following the thread,

Just to clarify,
I have had the CTR since January 2019. I have had it maintenanced regularly and on time, and there are zero power or transmission issues, and zero accidents:).. I also get it professionally detailed once every 1-2 months. I apparently listed the car low in price as I look at similar posts/Carmax/caravana... I may need to adjust, but will move forward in selling to someone that is willing to be realistic with the price!

The ONLY reason I’m selling the car (which I absolutely love) is my wife and I just had a little girl and I need something a little more practical:/. ( yes the baby seat fits lol, but then the front passenger basically has to be less than 5’0 to not bash there knees into the glove box....

hope everyone is doing well in

JJK18

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R CW
Country flag

Just to clarify,
I have had the CTR since January 2019. I have had it maintenanced regularly and on time, and there are zero power or transmission issues, and zero accidents:).. I also get it professionally detailed once every 1-2 months. I apparently listed the car low in price as I look at similar posts/Carmax/caravana... I may need to adjust, but will move forward in selling to someone that is willing to be realistic with the price!

The ONLY reason I’m selling the car (which I absolutely love) is my wife and I just had a little girl and I need something a little more practical:/. ( yes the baby seat fits lol, but then the front passenger basically has to be less than 5’0 to not bash there knees into the glove box....

LMK what you decide, I'm still very interested, thanks

OP
OP
dennyschulz

dennyschulz

First Name
Den
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Bodhizefa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR and CBP CR-V
Country flag
They are asking between $36-$38k for every model in that range, they are not offering $35k when they are going to try turn around at get $37k, there is not enough profit for them.
Carvana gave me just under $35.5K for my 2019 a couple weeks ago, and mine had 17K miles on it. Just sayin'.

chattanoogaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Stinger
Country flag
Carvana gave me just under $35.5K for my 2019 a couple weeks ago, and mine had 17K miles on it. Just sayin'.
I just ran 3 different VIN's and 3 different plates from different zip codes and the highest offer they put out to sell was $33.9K. I didn't bother selecting "trade" for obvious reasons, but I doubt it would change their offer much.

Bodhizefa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR and CBP CR-V
Country flag
I
I just ran 3 different VIN's and 3 different plates from different zip codes and the highest offer they put out to sell was $33.9K. I didn't bother selecting "trade" for obvious reasons, but I doubt it would change their offer much.
I don’t doubt you. I also don’t know what all goes into an offer from them. Out of curiosity, are any or all the VIN’s you checked fully paid off?

chattanoogaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Stinger
Country flag
I

I don’t doubt you. I also don’t know what all goes into an offer from them. Out of curiosity, are any or all the VIN’s you checked fully paid off?
I thought that may be an issue, so I ran mine which is paid off and it didn’t change a bit.
I’m looking for another VIN I can run and I’ll select “trade in” to see if that does anything. It’s really odd there is such a wide range.

Bodhizefa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR and CBP CR-V
Country flag
I thought that may be an issue, so I ran mine which is paid off and it didn’t change a bit.
I’m looking for another VIN I can run and I’ll select “trade in” to see if that does anything. It’s really odd there is such a wide range.
It's a fascinating business model they're running. Are they banking on people financing with them? I agree with your general sentiment. I have no idea how they could run a business on a 7-10% gross margin. Not my problem, of course, but I thought they made a silly offer to me given what they would likely be asking.

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I'm literally on the same everything as OP, down to the mileage. Got mine January 2019, about 12-13k miles. Except I have full front PPF along with rockers, black PPF roof, and the 2 front doors. Could those be justifications in private sell for possibly higher price? I know people sell cars with mods sometimes. I feel like they would try to go more in private sale. Just wondering if protection "mods" counts as something more meaningful towards higher selling price. Something that the next owner can worry less about.

Puma

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
It's a fascinating business model they're running. Are they banking on people financing with them? I agree with your general sentiment. I have no idea how they could run a business on a 7-10% gross margin. Not my problem, of course, but I thought they made a silly offer to me given what they would likely be asking.
part of being able to run on slimmer margins is they have a lower overhead without having to operate a brick and mortar store, but also by having thousands upon thousands of cars being sold. So even if they make 1500/car average but sell however many thousand a month…..

On a side note, I just filled out a quote on there. I have a 2019 ABM with 19,xxx miles. They offered 36,200. Not too shabby, as I paid 38,ishh for it two years ago.

OP good luck with your sale. Seems as if you have it priced very competitive, I’m surprised it hasn’t sold yet. There’s dealers all over Facebook asking 42-45k for used ones! ? ?

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag

Just to clarify,

You just need a smaller kid seat bud - Recaro makes a smaller one. If you can't fit a child seat in a Civic - um - the car not the problem lol.

Keep the beast!
Sponsored