First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Afternoon type r community!
I recently have been having an issue with my CBP 2019 type r. 19,200km, never seen snow, never winter driven.
For about a week now I’ve been having an annoying squeak occur when depressing the clutch pedal. Video posted in this thread as an example. My mods are: borla exhaust, mishimoto intake, acuity stage3 short shifted assembly. Though I don’t see those changes causing the issue. P
Any ideas what it could be? Driving me nuts and I really don’t want to take it to my local Honda, last time ended with a tech taking my car for a 15min drive to “check and see” if a flat he had just done was properly repaired. Anyone experiencing the same? Or have a solution!? Thanks!

chattanoogaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Stinger
Country flag
That sounds like the old 8th gen si clutch cylinder squeak that many of us had back in the day.

Haven't seen a thing like this related to the R though.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Afternoon type r community!
I recently have been having an issue with my CBP 2019 type r. 19,200km, never seen snow, never winter driven.
For about a week now I’ve been having an annoying squeak occur when depressing the clutch pedal. Video posted in this thread as an example. My mods are: borla exhaust, mishimoto intake, acuity stage3 short shifted assembly. Though I don’t see those changes causing the issue. P
Any ideas what it could be? Driving me nuts and I really don’t want to take it to my local Honda, last time ended with a tech taking my car for a 15min drive to “check and see” if a flat he had just done was properly repaired. Anyone experiencing the same? Or have a solution!? Thanks!
Sounds like a shitty dealership :( Sorry to hear. I know I've had issues with the clutch clicking on rebound in the past, I forget if there was squeaking (they said it was either the master or slave cylinder, I don't remember). I had two techs get into the car to verify the issue (while I was waiting in the train of cars to get into the service bay). They just sat in the seat and pushed the clutch pedal to hear it make an audible click.

I had them replace that and my seat under warranty as well (bolster started ripping) at the same time since I was going out of town. Luckily for me, this dealership handed me back the car with the same mileage. They did jokingly tell me the tech took it for a joy ride on the expressway when I returned after realizing I forgot something in the car.

haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
I had a "Springy" creak from the accelerator pedal which I fixed with a little bit of silicone grease spray.

It may be worth popping off the under dash (Or getting your head down there) and just see if the sound is coming from the clutch mount / where the slave cylinder is attached to the pedal (Should be greased from factory) etc. - May be a simple case of adding a touch of grease.
Sponsored