2019 CPB Hatchback Sport 6MT - daily spirited driving (LA, socal)

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
If you end up getting ktuner or hondata. Almost pointless to do stage 0 or something like a +3 tune. Just go straight to the highest base tune they offer. Itā€™s honestly the best feeling to mod something that fast installation time wise and get back that much a result. Having been Adding mods to cars for over 18 years, tuning was a great revelation.

SangreRaven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You did the same thing I want to eventually do with the Hella Horns :D nice to see how they will actually look when the time comes for me to do them. Your FK7 looks really good by the way.

-R

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
+1 for G5. I sent all my cars there.

Have you looked at Acuity shifter rocker and spring to further improve shifting feel?

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
Since you reside in the LA area; Iā€™m surprised you didnā€™t make your first modification an upgraded IC? That stop and go traffic that goes on all day has your IATs really hot. Look into that change, you will be day vs night in getting your response back.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
I know, whenever I have open road after creeping below 10mph forrever it feels so bad. But I'm a ricer when it comes down to it and that's why I did all that other junk first lol. Upgraded intercooler is definitely on my list though. Also looking at the mesh grille, I think you're the one that posted the thread about mesh grille + IC being core mods?
I reposted it really trying to help someone out. But, yes the grill helps add more circulation - but highest Octane possible and an upgraded IC would be your bread & butter.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
08/17/2019

08/19/2019

removed the intercooler mesh. There's an aluminum bar inside the entire length of the lip and 2 support bars so the lip is rigid without the mesh supporting it. The bars are pretty ricey honestly but I love it. Maybe should have used rods but I don't feel the need to switch except for the looks

Photo Aug 19, 7 18 40 PM.jpg
You're not concerned with rocks on the road? I'm just the opposite and will put some gutter guard on top of the intercooler mesh. I'm seeing rock chips on the bumper and some fins on the stock intercooler are already dented. Anyway, best of luck.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's can be DIY. Either buy the new part from dealer or buy used from junkyard/classifieds. I've seen a few listed here for half that. Good luck.

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
06/24/2019

Fog lights are level now. Not sure if they are angled too high or not because they usually seem to be pointed in the area directly in front of the car when I see them on other cars. But at this angle I just barely see the yellow on the ground when I'm driving.

I tried to make them have cutoff with the headlight patch, maybe will make them lower, but I'll probably leave them be for now.

Photo Jun 24, 10 30 35 PM.jpg

Photo Jun 24, 10 30 57 PM.jpg
Nice ,
Did you level the lights 25 feet away from the wall?

METALxSLUG

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PMM Civic Sport hatchback
Country flag
Just went through your build thread, car looks great, was the 3rd brake light flasher an easy mod?

Stupefyer

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awesome build! Now you just need some wheels to perfect the look!

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
04/24/2020

Maintenance minder was counting down again so had another oil change at approx 11,500 miles. Bought pennzoil platinum beforehand this time instead of using the mobil 1 advanced fuel economy that the shop had on hand last time.

Type R oem subframe brace installed as well. Forgot to get a picture of it

that's so much money for mods on a civic

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Lol I've wondered if I should have gotten a different hatch but this one just checks all the boxes, since I honestly I would have done the same thing no matter what I got

It's your money, do what makes you happy. i just hope mind doesn't break down or any repair that costs me a fortune near future.

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
It seems like the biggest issues with the 10th gens are the oil dilution and A/C issues, although I've seen some people report various oil leaks. I can't imagine your car would have any catastrophic failure since we are all on a car forum and mostly try to take care of our cars!

Mine is a 2017, i heard they fixed the oil dilution for 2019 and 2020. The only thing i worry about is the long term of CVT, i don't drive aggressively, never went above 3000 rpm. I meticulously take care of my car, oil changes, 2 bucket wash, wax, etc. I'm looking to buy some OEM mud flaps and seat cover for the back seats, then i'm done spending money on the car.
Sponsored