2019 CPB Hatchback Sport 6MT - daily spirited driving (LA, socal)

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
You just reminded me, I should since I finally have the time now. My passengers keep complaining about their ankles getting scratched. Going to pick up some black paint and clearcoat soon. I'm gonna cover up the black skirt part and only sand/paint the silver part since the factory paint should be better than what I can do lol.
Dont take long lol update me how it came up
Sponsored

Nene

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Can you post exhaust clips with your custom exhaust??

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Nice build thread! A lot of the stuff you’ve done is stuff I plan on doing when things start needing replacing, so I appreciate your record-keeping :beer:

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Nice build thread, you and your car have been through a lot. Curious to know, what are you using to mount your front license place?

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
12/03/2022

Wanted a quieter exhaust for a change so I had the Si mufflers installed in place of the magnaflow straight through. I figured they wouldn't be as silencing as the hatch mufflers and it sounds pretty good. Also I missed how the dual cans look under the bumper. Current volume is similar to stock exhaust with muffler delete (I think.. don't remember exactly). It gets a bit grunty/raspy at full throttle which is perfect. I miss the boomy bass of the magnaflow especially just cruising around and shifting in the low rpms. But this is a lot more linear and attracts way less attention, and I don't feel as disruptive when I get on the gas or even cold start lol.

IMG_0502.JPG

12/05/2022

A bit paranoid about my engine knocking :oops: More upgrades may be imminent
Oh man I was looking everywhere and could never find anyone that swapped an Si exhaust on their hatch. How much modification was necessary? I had the dual cans on my 19 Si polished and it looked sweet. I'd love to recreate that on my hatch.

disc1pline

First Name
adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' sport touring hatch
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
great build. besides the CEL popping up from your down pipe, how’s the health of your engine running tunes thus far?

and how much did it cost to repair the rpf1 dent?

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I got a plate holder from amazon, the kind that only screws into the top or bottom instead of all 4. I mounted it to the passenger side horn vent with a nut and long bolt and a few wide washers so it can't slide out. Add more nuts and washers before putting on the plate holder if you want to space it from the bumper more. It's not super pretty I just wanted a solution that doesn't block the fog light at all. I slightly bent the lower right corner of the plate so it doesn't scrape the paint off the little flare on the bumper there.

I actually haven't gotten a good look at how it's currently positioned and welded. When it was first installed, the Y pipe at the beginning of the muffler system hung really low to the ground because of how it's bent from the factory, and it would scrape everywhere. Basically you need to do something about the Y pipe or else the exhaust tips will be angled weird or stick out too much if you try to fix it from the tip end. And it seems annoying because the Y pipe looks like it's made from a mold so it's difficult to work with.

I went back and it took a while for them to get it fitted properly. For the hatch I think the ctr exhaust or mufflers would be a far more economical choice since I think it's nearly a direct fit compared to this besides the hangers and the length of the exhaust pipe. The mufflers were originally going to be scrapped as well, I couldn't purchase a muffler that would require this much work to fit. I only went for it because I knew it was going to look awesome lol.

Pics of how it first looked before fixing and what exactly was installed

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg
It does look awesome. Take a little polishing compound and buff those mufflers out and they'll look even better. The Si and Type R mufflers seem to be similarly priced in my area, so I'll see what pops up first.

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You think it's reasonable to polish them by hand? The visible parts are well within reach even without lifting the car up but I don't have a DA or anything like that.

Be sure to make a thread if you get the Si mufflers, there literally might be only a dozen of us.
If I had to do it again, I'd just get an electric buffer lol. I had to buff them like 5 times before I was happy with the result Used Mother's Mag and Aluminum polish. Probably wasn't the best for this application, but I already had some laying around and I was bored one day... I'm installing a rear sway bar and springs next, but if I ever install an Si exhaust, I'll def post.

RepublikaSrpska

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Thanks but I don't really have any content planned other than a better exhaust clip, just fyi

05/26/2020

Finished maf scale calibration with drob, feathering low throttle feels much more precise and I have the peace of mind of good fuel trims

05/31/2020

Had my headlight housings painted gloss black. I like how the flatness of the headlight lens is more apparent with the darker housings.

Also got another prl license plate frame for the front plates. Might dremel off the top screw holders so it's squared off when I have the chance

Photo Jun 02, 5 18 30 PM.jpg

Photo Jun 02, 5 18 48 PM.jpg
Looks great so far!

have one question about the lowermesh grille that is in front of the intercooler, how did You go about removing it? I have a 27won intercooler but its hidden behind the useless grille.