2019 CPB Hatchback Sport 6MT - daily spirited driving (LA, socal)

biosses

Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic
Country flag
Lol I've wondered if I should have gotten a different hatch but this one just checks all the boxes, since I honestly I would have done the same thing no matter what I got

It's your money, do what makes you happy. i just hope mind doesn't break down or any repair that costs me a fortune near future.

Advertisement

OP
geeeek

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Car(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
It's your money, do what makes you happy. i just hope mind doesn't break down or any repair that costs me a fortune near future.
It seems like the biggest issues with the 10th gens are the oil dilution and A/C issues, although I've seen some people report various oil leaks. I can't imagine your car would have any catastrophic failure since we are all on a car forum and mostly try to take care of our cars!

biosses

Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic
Country flag
It seems like the biggest issues with the 10th gens are the oil dilution and A/C issues, although I've seen some people report various oil leaks. I can't imagine your car would have any catastrophic failure since we are all on a car forum and mostly try to take care of our cars!

Mine is a 2017, i heard they fixed the oil dilution for 2019 and 2020. The only thing i worry about is the long term of CVT, i don't drive aggressively, never went above 3000 rpm. I meticulously take care of my car, oil changes, 2 bucket wash, wax, etc. I'm looking to buy some OEM mud flaps and seat cover for the back seats, then i'm done spending money on the car.

OP
geeeek

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
Mine is a 2017, i heard they fixed the oil dilution for 2019 and 2020. The only thing i worry about is the long term of CVT, i don't drive aggressively, never went above 3000 rpm. I meticulously take care of my car, oil changes, 2 bucket wash, wax, etc. I'm looking to buy some OEM mud flaps and seat cover for the back seats, then i'm done spending money on the car.
Since you baby your car I'm sure the cvt will last a long time. Even if you wanted to WOT for whatever reason, the cvt should be happy as long as you smoothly apply throttle instead of stabbing the pedal

I think the oil dilution fix was pretty much an ecu flash right? Like the only difference between the 16-18 and 19-20 models is that the 19-20 models shipped out with the update, and the 16-18 models required a dealer visit to get the update. Either way oil dilution still seems like an inherent issue with the engine even with the fix

biosses

Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic
Country flag
Since you baby your car I'm sure the cvt will last a long time. Even if you wanted to WOT for whatever reason, the cvt should be happy as long as you smoothly apply throttle instead of stabbing the pedal

I think the oil dilution fix was pretty much an ecu flash right? Like the only difference between the 16-18 and 19-20 models is that the 19-20 models shipped out with the update, and the 16-18 models required a dealer visit to get the update. Either way oil dilution still seems like an inherent issue with the engine even with the fix

I have no idea what Honda did to fix the oil issue, physical changes or an ECU flash. Overall, it's a great car, utility, great mpg, reliability..etc.

OP
geeeek

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
05/07/2020

Flashed my ecu with TSP stage 1. The power delivery feels so smooth while being incredibly responsive, not to mention more powerful than the ktuner 21psi starter map. Hard to describe but it just feels like the turbo works the right amount at all times basically

05/08/2020

Eibach front and rear sway bars installed with accord end links.

So the front sway bar install involves moving the rmm out of the way so obviously the rmm had to be re torqued right. I THINK I have been driving around with rmm not fully torqued because now the rmm feels like it did when it was new again. I had no idea because I just figured it got more relaxed after swapping back side mounts to oem from hasport 62a and also broke in over time. The rmm was still causing cabin noise so I never suspected a thing. The noise transmitted through the cabin is louder again now that the rmm is secured and engine movement feels tighter

Now to the actual sway bars.. I want to say the whole suspension somehow feels stiffer but I can't tell if it's just the stiff rmm making me think that. Steering feels a bit heavier in a good way, it feels confident combined with the sharpness from the front strut bar and subframe brace. Even light body roll is reduced from what I felt so far. Rear bar set to stiff setting. I can't wait to take this to the canyons. And also need summer tires.. which I'm learning more and more firsthand is the foundation of all mods. But I kept telling myself I want to use up the tread some more as an excuse lol. Stimulus check definitely going into tires along with a wheel purchase

05/10/2020

Steering wheel was off center 30 degrees to the right after the front bar install so I got that corrected today.

After driving around for two days I can say for sure the sway bars feel awesome. The car handles so flat like it's "on rails".

Exhaust clip from test drive checking if the steering wheel is centered

Last edited:
OP
geeeek

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
05/12/2020

Started fuel trim correction on the tsp stage 1 find with drob. The ktuner calibration for the race maf has always given high positive fuel trims but I'm not able to edit the tune file like I did on the starter map. (I have the race maf)

05/16/2020

S2000 aluminum shift knob. It's a lot thinner (smaller) than expected. I like how it tapers down instead of being straight spherical. There were a lot of similar options but why not go oem, and from the legendary S2000 too.

Photo May 16, 5 41 56 PM - Copy.jpg

Photo May 16, 6 10 15 PM.jpg

Monster4499

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback 1.5T
Country flag
How did you move the black plastic strip that holds the Honda emblem? I want to do the same thing with the super tones and I love the way yours looks

OP
geeeek

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
How did you move the black plastic strip that holds the Honda emblem? I want to do the same thing with the super tones and I love the way yours looks
It’s an aftermarket mesh grille, I know for a fact that procivic and fkxracing make them but you can probably find others on ebay if you want. Just look up mesh grille

OP
geeeek

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
Subbed to your YT channel. Looking forward to seeing more vids.
Thanks but I don't really have any content planned other than a better exhaust clip, just fyi

05/26/2020

Finished maf scale calibration with drob, feathering low throttle feels much more precise and I have the peace of mind of good fuel trims

05/31/2020

Had my headlight housings painted gloss black. I like how the flatness of the headlight lens is more apparent with the darker housings.

Also got another prl license plate frame for the front plates. Might dremel off the top screw holders so it's squared off when I have the chance

Photo Jun 02, 5 18 30 PM.jpg

Photo Jun 02, 5 18 48 PM.jpg

OP
geeeek

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
06/06/2020

This one's questionable but got taillights tinted. It looks sleek but not sure if it's worth the worse visibility. Not really a fan of the LED taillight options we have either

IMG_6634.jpg

06/20/2020

Tires arrived! Continental extremecontact sport in 255/35. Looks thicccc

IMG_6721.jpg

06/25/2020

Wheels arrived finally. Enkei rpf1 in 18x9.5 +45. Going to drop them off for powdercoating on saturday in a satin black finish

IMG_6750.jpg

flat face instead of the bubble face, I think anything wider than 9 inches is flat
IMG_6751.jpg

should be minimal stretch although 265 would be better fit
IMG_6749.jpg

OP
geeeek

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
07/03/2020

Picked up my wheels and had tires mounted + balanced. So I ordered hubcentric rings and lug nuts that were supposed to arrive before 4th of july but they both had delays. I really really really wanted to get everything on today so I picked up a set of lugs and rings from a tire shop which offered to mount the wheels for me but I turned them down because they seemed shady lol.

I realize now I took a massive risk with these wheels not test fitting them first because the clearance between the caliper and spokes is quite small. At the very center/bottom of the caliper there's only a few mm of clearance. I was mostly worried about the clearance to the suspension but several people on the forum have run 18x9.5 +45 without issue so I thought I was in the clear

IMG_6810.jpg

IMG_6811.jpg

passenger side front
IMG_6821.jpg

OP
geeeek

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
07/05/2020

Another alignment + corner balance for the new setup, feels just right. It's fascinating how the car feels lighter and yet grips harder with the lighter wheel and softer tire

IMG_6855.jpg

07/06/2020

Lightened the coilover damping setting a bit from 16 clicks to 12 all around. Ride was a bit too harsh before.

Steel spline lug nuts and aluminum hub rings finally arrived. Even though I park in a garage, walking out to my car on blocks is a legitimate concern now and the keyed nuts should be a bit of a deterrent. Waiting on a new set of tools to install this week. I've never seen a car on blocks in the 9 years I've lived in this neighborhood but I sure don't want to be the first.

OP
geeeek

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
07/09/2020

Type R retrofitted clutch/flywheel installed by eman.

copypaste from thread

First impressions:

-No more heavy dmf wiggle, feels way more direct on/off the gas and shifting. Another effect is that the car feels smoother even with the 27won rmm because it's not jiggling around and "oscillating" the vibrations

-Obviously much lighter, still getting used to rev matching, can shift much faster

-Clutch pedal actually feels like something but isn't stiff, also engages closer to the floor

-Pretty sure this clutch will last the life of the vehicle even modded because it's an oem type R clutch

Also I immediately stalled the car going into 1st, I'm certain I heard Eman laugh at me but maybe he was laughing at something else :(

IMG_6881.jpg

same pic but further away
IMG_6880.jpg

Advertisement

Advertisement