2019 CPB Hatchback Sport 6MT - daily spirited driving (LA, socal)

OP
geeeek

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Car(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
09/14/2019

plastidipped my wheels black. Used a whole can on each wheel which was 8 coats each. I wish I'd done 7 coats because on the 8th coat the can started dying out and the weak spray ended up leaving some rough texture on the finish. Oh well, it seems easy to remove since there's a lot of thick coats.

Photo Sep 16, 8 50 08 AM.jpg

Photo Sep 16, 8 50 14 AM.jpg

09/21/2019

both side engine mounts are back to oem, only have 27won's rmm. I do miss the solidness of both mounts but I appreciate the smoothness I have back. The 62a driver side mount by itself didn't change much in terms of noise but did increase low rpm vibrations a lot, and I don't feel like it improved the driving experience compared to oem.

hella horns are now white and are popping through the procivic mesh grille. No more bars on the intercooler. The IC mesh frame is back on so the clips aren't exposed. I cut dremeled and sanded the frame so it's smoothed out.

put some meguiars tire blackener on the sidewall so it doesn't look stupidly gray and washed out next to the black car and wheels.

IMG_5367.JPG

IMG_5368.JPG

on a more personal note I think I am done spending money on this car, it drives great and looks great and I don't think I have good reason to keep changing things. Ok that's a lie, I do want to swap the oem mufflers for a single magnaflow, and I'm eyeing the type R shifter and acuity rocker and some black shift knobs. Big ticket items like clutch/flywheel, lightweight wheels+good tires, turbo... maybe later down the road. Or if I get another huge bonus at work soon haha. Eman's type R retrofit clutch/flywheel is on the top of that list

Advertisement

OP
geeeek

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
09/27/2019

Put on some ebay window visors. Not the procivic square style, but the one with the weird bend along the middle. Saw one in person and thought it looked better.

10/04/2019

Put on ebay red vinyl overlay for rear blinkers/reverse lights. So the entire taillight looks red now. I put it on at night and missed a ton of bubbles, it looks terrible up close lol but you couldn't tell if you were in another car.

10/05/2019

Had both mufflers removed and replaced with a magnaflow oval straight through muffler. It honestly doesn't sound so much different from a muffler delete alone. No muffler = slightly more growl. Magnaflow = slightly deeper but smoother. I decided to go with the muffler because it is ever so slightly quieter and deeper.

Exhaust setup now: 27won catted dp/fp -> oem resonator -> oem pipe -> magnaflow muffler -> Y pipe -> oem tips.

The tips stick out slightly more than before because the muffler + Y + tips barely fit behind the rear suspension stuff. Also hangs a bit lower. But overall looks stock besides the lack of the huge dual mufflers.

Pic of all 3 things. Not the best picture I just took it when I got home today
IMG_5510.JPG

OP
geeeek

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
10/12/2019

Had the type R shifter swapped in. All acuity stuff still there except for the short throw adapter. The throw feels the same as base shifter + adapter, maybe slightly longer even? But overall feels a bit smoother. The base setup with acuity stuff was really good, but it's even better now.

Plastidipped my wheels white with glossifier on top. Not sure how I feel about it. White wheels on black cars can look amazing, but I just don't think the oem wheels pull it off correctly. Probably need a simpler spoke design.

another pic while walking away. it's very bright lol especially in the sunlight
IMG_5537.JPG

Israel

First Name
Israel
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
06/24/2019

Fog lights are level now. Not sure if they are angled too high or not because they usually seem to be pointed in the area directly in front of the car when I see them on other cars. But at this angle I just barely see the yellow on the ground when I'm driving.

I tried to make them have cutoff with the headlight patch, maybe will make them lower, but I'll probably leave them be for now.

Photo Jun 24, 10 30 35 PM.jpg

Photo Jun 24, 10 30 57 PM.jpg
Nice ,
Did you level the lights 25 feet away from the wall?

OP
geeeek

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
Nice ,
Did you level the lights 25 feet away from the wall?
Aimed one side in that parking lot, drove inside and leveled the other side 5ft from a wall

11/03/2019

Took off the white wheel plastidip, kept seeing other sport wheels on the streets and realized they simply look better as is, as much as I like white wheels

11/16/2019

Curbed the rear passenger wheel a while back and it's got noticeable positive camber. Since I have to get an alignment anyways I figured I'd have the coilovers lowered a bit

11/18/2019

Alignment again, they cambered the rear wheels a bit (-2 degrees) since my fenders aren't rolled and I have spacers on

New ride height, feels good
IMG_5696.jpg

OP
geeeek

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
12/14/2019

maintenance minder was at 5% so had my second oil change at about 7500 miles. I could probably just do oil changes at flat 5000 miles with no issues but I'll just follow the MM because of all the oil dilution scares lol

01/11/2020

Installed 3rd brake light flasher (5x quick flash). Put on EOS wing risers from ebay. While installing the risers, I was wearing a jacket with a button on the sleeves and it left tons of scratches on my paint while I was fiddling with the screws.... :banghead:

IMG_5916.jpg

OP
geeeek

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
02/18/2020

Hit 10,000 miles today or yesterday
IMG_6077.jpg

02/21/2020

Got a full 2.5" mandrel bent frontpipe-back exhaust done with a vibrant ultra quiet resonator and a magnaflow straight through muffler. Previously just had the magnaflow axle-back with 2.5" in/out which actually worked out perfectly with the new 2.5" piping.

Sounds a bit more "substantial" without sounding like farts, like a straight pipe would. I actually did like the sound of a 2.5" straight pipe (some guy recorded on youtube with a decent microphone) but knew it would sound a bit too "unrefined" in real life. After looking at before/afters of the vibrant resonator on other 4 cylinder cars I had a feeling it was exactly what I was looking for.

Paired with the 27won catted dp/fp, I have to say as far as sound goes, it's perfect

view from front and back
Photo Feb 21, 10 05 39 PM.jpg

Photo Feb 21, 10 05 44 PM.jpg

the whole thing before it was put on
Photo Feb 21, 6 41 51 PM.jpg

previous axle-back with stock fp-back
IMG_6078.jpg

METALxSLUG

First Name
Cody
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 PMM Civic Sport hatchback
Country flag
Just went through your build thread, car looks great, was the 3rd brake light flasher an easy mod?

OP
geeeek

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
Just went through your build thread, car looks great, was the 3rd brake light flasher an easy mod?
Thanks, yeah it was super easy just pull off the hatch panels and connect the flasher module between the brake light connectors. Gonna need a 10mm and something soft to get under the panels. The guy that sells the module on this forum has a video showing how to do it

03/23/2020

Clayed my car since the paint was feeling a bit gritty. Probably a result of my first attempts at detailing my car when I first got it. I definitely didn't buff the first paste wax application enough and also definitely didn't buff the next few subsequent spray waxes enough. At the very least it probably protected my car against all the stuff that flies onto it while driving lol. It's been a learning process

Strangely enough I have visible light swirls between the hood ridge and fender on the driver's side, maybe because that's where I always start everything. Makes me sad to see swirls done by my own hand but I still think my clearcoat is relatively pristine compared to most other cars on the road. I've seen other black 10th gen civics that are just covered in swirls so delaying that as long as possible is good enough for my first owned car :( or at least that's what I tell myself. Seriously though it's not the best but I'm still proud of my work so far.

Tried taking some pics in the daylight but I have trouble capturing the look of my car with my iphone camera. Also I seemed to park facing away from the sun every time. Didn't feel like driving out to a lit structure at night for better pictures
Photo Mar 25, 2 11 58 PM.jpg

IMG_6210.jpg

this spot doesn't really show off the wax but I like how the light outlines everything while being in the shade
Photo Mar 23, 3 49 44 PM.jpg

2 weeks ago after rain. The water just beads up and wicks right off when I start driving
Photo Mar 14, 1 31 57 AM.jpg

OP
geeeek

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
04/10/2020

Installed DC sports front strut bar. I had to raise one side of the car to fit the bar then tighten the bolts after letting it back down. Not sure if it mattered but I drove back and forth 10 feet in case there was some weird load after lifting one side lol.

Wasn't really expecting much out of this, I got it since it was pretty cheap. I read here that the bar makes the car feel more solid over uneven bumps and it actually does, I could tell the difference right away since I drive through several bumpy blocks on my usual routes. As far as steering feel I haven't really been able to tell since I haven't been out of the city yet

IMG_6284.jpg

Stupefyer

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awesome build! Now you just need some wheels to perfect the look!

OP
geeeek

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
Awesome build! Now you just need some wheels to perfect the look!
I’ve been eyeing rpf1’s in 18x9 +35 which are 17.1lbs according to enkei’s catalog. I can’t find any other wheel that’s both lightweight and in that price range so looks like the best choice

OP
geeeek

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
04/24/2020

Maintenance minder was counting down again so had another oil change at approx 11,500 miles. Bought pennzoil platinum beforehand this time instead of using the mobil 1 advanced fuel economy that the shop had on hand last time.

Type R oem subframe brace installed as well. Forgot to get a picture of it

biosses

Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic
Country flag
04/24/2020

Maintenance minder was counting down again so had another oil change at approx 11,500 miles. Bought pennzoil platinum beforehand this time instead of using the mobil 1 advanced fuel economy that the shop had on hand last time.

Type R oem subframe brace installed as well. Forgot to get a picture of it

that's so much money for mods on a civic

OP
geeeek

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
that's so much money for mods on a civic
Lol I've wondered if I should have gotten a different hatch but this one just checks all the boxes, since I honestly I would have done the same thing no matter what I got

Advertisement

Advertisement