First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Just a thought....
How hard could it be for us non-'19 Type R owners to convert the old infotainment to the new one.

Personally, I would like volume knobs, but it's definitely not that big a deal. But if you could simply buy a new one and switch it out, I would consider it.

CT0760

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring, Blue
Country flag
Its easier to just use the controls on the steering wheel anyway... :crazy:

(If this were a television, you're saying you'd rather go up to the tv to change something rather than use a remote, you're literally saying you'd rather make more effort to find/reach for the knob on the dash when you're driving rather than move your thumb an inch to change a station/track/input or adjust volume)

Last edited:

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Its easier to just use the controls on the steering wheel anyway... :crazy:
Spoken like a person without a volume knob.

I own a 2019 Civic Si, and man I cannot disagree with you more. The only time I like using the wheel volume control is because of its discreteness with others in the car, otherwise I couldn't care less about it and it's just another set of buttons in the way.

flashcash

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX-L
Country flag

I own a 2019 Civic Si, and man I cannot disagree with you more. The only time I like using the wheel volume control is because of its discreteness with others in the car, otherwise I couldn't care less about it and it's just another set of buttons in the way.
I fully agree. What was Honda thinking prior to their 2019 re-design? Did they believe that no volume knob was a (non) feature that people were clamoring and that there wouldn't be any push back from Civic owners and the press? What was the purpose? And why take a beating for so long before deciding to include the knob? Every Civic review considered it a ridiculous con, one of the very few negatives.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag

I agree with you.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unpopular opinion but I’ll never understand the issue with the volume control. 99% of the time the volume is controlled with the steering wheel buttons anyway, and it works perfectly fine. If a passenger thinks the volume is too loud they can just swipe down quickly on the touch panel. Small learning curve, and once they do it right the first time it’s second nature.. easy peasy.
If a passenger thinks they can touch my radio they can gtfo

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th Gen - Vti-LX (Australia)
Country flag
https://jalopnik.com/by-the-grace-of-god-the-2019-honda-civic-sport-gets-a-r-1828339974

Finally LOL :eek:

"Replacing the previous controls, which manifested from hell as an awkward sliding-touch level on the side of the infotainment touchscreen, with a real knob on this new Sport trim will only make a good car better."
I don't see what the issue is with the volume knob is . The only person who's going to use it is a passenger. And as if you want to give a passenger control of your music.

I'm happy with the volume control on the steering wheel.

Leetcivx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Country flag
My 16 EXT had no volume knob and i was fine with it. My 16 FiST has a knob that i never use, only the steering wheel controls. My 18 Subaru had a volume knob that I never used. My 18 Civic Si has no knob and I'm happy about that. Looks much cleaner. I use the steering wheel control for volume. I replaced the 18 rocker switch to the 16-17 swipe/rocker and couldn't be happier with it :)

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had a 2006 Acura TSX with both steering wheel volume buttons AND a volume knob. I found myself using the steering wheel controls 95% of the time. I do not miss having no volume knob on my 2017 Civic.

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
When the temperature is below zero outside & I have gloves on, that pathetic little steering wheel volume control is useless & so is the touch screen one.

Leetcivx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Country flag
There must be an issue with your volume switch. It has been well below zero across much of the country they past couple weeks. I haven't heard of anyone else saying theirs didn't work. I adjusted my volume with no issues here in PA with the steering wheel control. You should bring it to the dealer while it's still under warranty if you're having these issues.

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
Country flag
If we remove the topics about the volume knob and the one about the fuel dilution from the forum, I guess it will be very quiet here!
Sponsored