2019 Civic Type R

dars16civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda LX Manual, 1991 Honda Crx Hf, 1988 Honda Lx Sedan 5 Speed Manual, 2010 Toyota Prius Package 3 with solar sunroof, 1977 Toyota Celica Liftback
I read that the 2019 Type R will have 320 HP. I wonder what mods they are making to get 14 HP? Anybody get any new details?
There is not going to be a 2019 Type R. I don't know why everyone thinks now that the car finally arrived here in the Usa 2 years ago that Honda is going to keep making that model now, won't happen I can tell you that much and if they do make a batch of them again it will be a few years from now. I know someone very high up in the Honda Motors Corp and I will tell you this much only.
Sponsored

nuowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
I'd think if Honda knew there wouldn't be a 2019, they'll shout it out ASAP so people would quit bitching about the ADM. Maybe even pay more ADM.

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
There is not going to be a 2019 Type R. I don't know why everyone thinks now that the car finally arrived here in the Usa 2 years ago that Honda is going to keep making that model now, won't happen I can tell you that much and if they do make a batch of them again it will be a few years from now. I know someone very high up in the Honda Motors Corp and I will tell you this much only.
Uh-huh. Is that why my local dealer has been allocated a 2019 for August delivery?

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
My experience with this kind of statement is that … it will come as a 2019.

leehom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, back at it again
Country flag
Is it a coincidence that there happens to be a Rock Hill Honda in South Carolina?

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
Why are you lying? They are absolutely coming to Canada. I suppose I can cut you some slack as you may have been mislead but you got bad info.

KINGofCRA5H

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
:popcorn:

OP
OP
Plombhpa

Plombhpa

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, F150
Country flag
You wouldn’t want to bet on that? If you remember Honda talked about variants. I have seen those yet.

jdmk20akid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic w/ B18c5, 2016 Honda Accord EX w/ Honda Sensing
Country flag
Since it's a global platform the VINs that specify different trim levels are more than likely for trim levels outside of the U.S. that's my best guess.

I'm higher up in sales at my dealership and have access to the iN and a vehicles status/locator. The truth is that the 2019 Civic Type R's aren't even an option to choose from, and Civic Si's have been updated and give a 2019 option to search for. So it's not looking good for a 2019 product year as far as current available info.

With that being said, there are still no other civics that allow for a 2019 search option besides Si. So it very well could be updated and eventually show 2019 at some point for all civics which could include the Type R. I'm just going off of current available information. I'm pretty sure the current Type R's that are entering production will be sold as 2018 models. Not 2019. It'll be interesting to see how long Honda runs these for in the States.

jdmk20akid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic w/ B18c5, 2016 Honda Accord EX w/ Honda Sensing
Country flag
Pics for reference of what I'm talking about. You can see which vehicles the years pertain to to by looking above the highlighted green area in the background.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Civic Type R 20180705_212440

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Civic Type R 20180705_212522

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Civic Type R 20180705_212558

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Civic Type R 20180705_212646

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
My dealer could be bullshitting me but I asked a sales manager if it would be a 2018 or 2019 specifically. He said 2019 CW.

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
My dealer could be bullshitting me but I asked a sales manager if it would be a 2018 or 2019 specifically. He said 2019 CW.
Your dealer might just not really know and is used to August cars being the next model year or saw the price increase. I just picked mine up 3 weeks ago and the dealer told me it was a 2019 until I questioned it and he actually checked and it was obviously 2018 in June. He just assumed it was 2019 because he saw the price jump.

Time will tell.

23Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '06 AP2
Country flag
I can't imagine Honda killing off the FK8 after only a year and a half, unless sales are really that disappointing. I know they took a loss on the DC2 ITR but even that one lasted 5 years. I wonder how the other Type R variants did throughout the years.

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
Your dealer might just not really know and is used to August cars being the next model year or saw the price increase. I just picked mine up 3 weeks ago and the dealer told me it was a 2019 until I questioned it and he actually checked and it was obviously 2018 in June. He just assumed it was 2019 because he saw the price jump.

Time will tell.
Can you elaborate on the price jump? How much are they now?

Meat Hammer

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CBP Civic Type R #1464
Country flag
I can't imagine Honda killing off the FK8 after only a year and a half, unless sales are really that disappointing. I know they took a loss on the DC2 ITR but even that one lasted 5 years. I wonder how the other Type R variants did throughout the years.
Honda has already sold more FK8s than any other previous Type R model ever sold. It would be against the brand’s history, legacy, etc to wring out maximal profits and continue selling the FK8 after the demand has cooled and cars languish on lots for months like many of the competitors. I am merely speculating, but would be surprised if the FK8 lives on long after the buzz dies down and is surpassed in both performance and market demand by it’s rivals (ala S2000 and NSX).
Sponsored