2019 Civic Type R Spy Shots. Facelift?

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
CTR is limited edition. There will be no more past 2017, 2018......2019.......

I am going to print this shiet out and take it to my dealer today....

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
There is not going to be a 2019 Type R. I don't know why everyone thinks now that the car finally arrived here in the Usa 2 years ago that Honda is going to keep making that model now, won't happen I can tell you that much and if they do make a batch of them again it will be a few years from now. I know someone very high up in the Honda Motors Corp and I will tell you this much only.
Hold it.
This guy knows someone very high up in Honda Motor Corp and there isn't going to be a 2019 CTR :D:D

Maybe it was a cleaning engineer ….:ninja:

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
smaller wing indicates less powerful ctr version at lower price point to slot between si and current ctr...

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Red one definitely looks to be a new "GT" variant, less power, lower price, more touring focused possibly. The White one could be an updated look, or yet another variant, potentially an even more hardcore model.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't we wish!?
Honda didn't rule out the idea of a AWD variant at some point... but like you, i'm still doubtful. IF this is an updated CTR and not just variant testing i'm a bit disappointed they wouldn't change the front of the civics too look more insight/accord like, but the CTR is a special model that may retain the original grill for aero purposes...

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR, 19 TLX
Country flag
Maybe that's 2020 and they might skip 2019.
Maybe that's 2019. Maybe that's an all new line up. Maybe that's only for some other market.
Again, nobody knows what will actually happen at this point. Especially the dealerships.

I personally think they will continue selling CTR till the end of gen X production, but no clue about what that is.

OP
OP
danjustynchiong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2015
Country flag
That rear wing looks even worse...wtf. If they want to sell a cheaper one, just delete it completely and re-use the regular Civic Hatch tailgate. Why slap one from seemingly from an Si sedan?
That would be really weird to change the big spoiler to a smaller one. Total downgrade

Hopefully it is a sign that there will be a SI hatchback. Surprise us HONDA!!

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
That would be really weird to change the big spoiler to a smaller one. Total downgrade

Hopefully it is a sign that there will be a SI hatchback. Surprise us HONDA!!
I bet that is the cheaper version. To me the car just isn't right without the big wing.
Sponsored