DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Every model year will change somewhat and waiting for another is pointless unless there's a considerable change. If and when a 20' R comes out, it will cost more and have cosmetic changes. I love the R for not having all the nanny crap on it and stuff you don't need when you are driving a manual sports car. For one, I bought my car to have fun with. It's now tuned and has a bunch of stuff on it that makes it somewhat unique in itself. All in less than 6 months.

That being said, look at all the manufacturers that are ditching manuals, ditching "sport" seats, ditching one-off styling, ditching the ability to just have a fun car to drive. The way the World has been moving, I don't see the current R sticking around very long. Sure, slap some electric motors in there, AWD or gadgets....add $20K to it and that's your next "R".

Current market indicates that the 17-19 R is probably as close to a driver's car that anyone will get. Roll the dice and wait, but it's not worth it if you are buying because of the platform itself. 20" model won't be any different driving-wise. I wouldn't want the Honda Sense, my opinion.
Sponsored

Re-spect

First Name
Fazil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Bet there wont be a 2020 model, Plenty still sitting around. Plus it’ll keep the value up

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Any more news on 2020 models? Updated vents? Alcantara-type steering wheel? Updated interior? Sensing? The only solid bit of info seems to be the new blue color.

About to pull the trigger. Honda is just playing games at this point. What is the strategy in holding back information?

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Any more news on 2020 models? Updated vents? Alcantara-type steering wheel? Updated interior? Sensing? The only solid bit of info seems to be the new blue color.

About to pull the trigger. Honda is just playing games at this point. What is the strategy in holding back information?

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
If you want to buy one , get one one. Pointless to ask about things that don't change anything in regards to the actual car. If any of the 4 things you mentioned matter, you're shopping for the wrong car.

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I would argue that wanting to know all the facts is the indication I've chosen the right car. I waited until 2003 to buy my S2000; as soon as I discovered that they were going to lower the redline and do a refresh, I ran out and purchased the last year of the AP1 model. I keep my cars for a very long time and am very picky about exactly which car I'm buying. One of my weaknesses. No rush in buying this car, just tired of the senseless withholding of information.

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I would argue that wanting to know all the facts is the indication I've chosen the right car. I waited until 2003 to buy my S2000; as soon as I discovered that they were going to lower the redline and do a refresh, I ran out and purchased the last year of the AP1 model. I keep my cars for a very long time and am very picky about exactly which car I'm buying. One of my weaknesses. No rush in buying this car, just tired of the senseless withholding of information.

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
You're not asking facts , you're asking for minor details. If you're in no rush to buy, don't.

VashR547

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
What you're doing makes sense. I would want to know what changes are being made before pulling the trigger. And it is weird that they haven't announced anything yet. I doubt they would make changes though, since they did last year with volume knocb/HVAC controls. Maybe new color if anything (which will get marked up to high hell cause its new)

R MODE

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R Championship White
Country flag
It makes sense only if the 2020 is more popular for whatever reasons. If they muck it up the 2019's will disappear quickly, or discounts will disappear and he will have lost his opportunity.

VashR547

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
It makes sense only if the 2020 is more popular for whatever reasons. If they muck it up the 2019's will disappear quickly, or discounts will disappear and he will have lost his opportunity.
there are discounts on 2019's right now?

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
What you're doing makes sense. I would want to know what changes are being made before pulling the trigger. And it is weird that they haven't announced anything yet. I doubt they would make changes though, since they did last year with volume knocb/HVAC controls. Maybe new color if anything (which will get marked up to high hell cause its new)
It makes sense if saving a little bit of cash is the intent or OP wanted the redline. It doesn’t make sense to buy an objectively worse car. The AP2 is bounds better than the AP1 in every way.
Sponsored