jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
The upper grill is slightly larger. Presumably to address heat soak issues in the 17/18s. There's also speculation they did a slight tweak to the lower grill design, though it's hard to see. Appears to be an extra line above the fogs. Same for the back.

The Touring LEDs are slightly different for 2019 as well. Apparently a significant reduction in stray light. I'd be very surprised if Honda didn't extend this to the CTR's update.

upload_2018-10-25_14-17-53.png

upload_2018-10-25_14-18-5.png
Not sure how that grill is really going to aid in cooling at all. It’s still a tiny opening. A hood vent would actually do a whole lot more. I think that front is all just a styling update to sync closer to the next civic styling overall.
Sponsored

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
^^ The hood vent is there more to funnel air out the back of the motor along the downpipe. It's placed too far back to directly cool anything up front, though the slightly wider grill opening (however small) should help redirect a higher volume of air over the upper radiator and top of the motor for better cooling efficiency - especially at speeds above 20 MPH.

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
The upper grill is slightly larger. Presumably to address heat soak issues in the 17/18s. There's also speculation they did a slight tweak to the lower grill design, though it's hard to see. Appears to be an extra line above the fogs. Same for the back.

The Touring LEDs are slightly different for 2019 as well. Apparently a significant reduction in stray light. I'd be very surprised if Honda didn't extend this to the CTR's update.

upload_2018-10-25_14-17-53.png

upload_2018-10-25_14-18-5.png
I have those led's on our 18 odyssey elite and let me tell you I would take the halogens over the OEM LEDs anyday. The high beams are practically useless too but it's not a deal breaker.

jinderC

I have those led's on our 18 odyssey elite and let me tell you I would take the halogens over the OEM LEDs anyday. The high beams are practically useless too but it's not a deal breaker.
Hmmm. That’s pretty bold lol
I had a 2017 EXT and I think the LEDs on my 2017 Si are way better than those Halogens.

I don’t understand the hate on the LEDs??

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
Hmmm. That’s pretty bold lol
I had a 2017 EXT and I think the LEDs on my 2017 Si are way better than those Halogens.

I don’t understand the hate on the LEDs??
The Led's are fine, but the light is so scattered and so dim. I don't exactly hate them though, could be a little more "bolder" light.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Led's are fine, but the light is so scattered and so dim. I don't exactly hate them though, could be a little more "bolder" light.
+1

I've driven my friend's 2015 CR-V, and the projector headlights work a lot better than the current LED, clear cutoff.

I was very disappointed when I first saw the output of the LED at night.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Civic Type R Brochure Revealed 2015+Honda+CRV+Touring+Headlights

Steg8

2018 Type R
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport 2017
Don’t wanna take the credit for this because I didn’t post it on FB but a member did so figured I’d share on here. This is all I know so far. Idk what happened to the spy shots with different bumpers, grill and spoiler but they changed headlights to SI style.

EDCDF73F-F350-464F-8527-238C5B180CFF.jpeg
CCDA219D-8459-4D8F-820F-FD08EF355174.jpeg

FB_IMG_1538004161067.jpg
I ordered the red Civic Type R and should be here 1st week in December, haven't seen a red one over here yet, but in your opinion is red a favourite option?

jinderC

I ordered the red Civic Type R and should be here 1st week in December, haven't seen a red one over here yet, but in your opinion is red a favourite option?
I would only get Championship White... but that’s just my opinion

I guess that brochure was 100% fake after all :)

DinaNuctornal

First Name
Dina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport hatchback MT
The new 2019 CTR has a knob on the info tainment and instead of touch it has a button on the side of the info tainment it saw it on hondaprojason page on insta gram

SC310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
The Civic halogen and LED headlights have received “poor” ratings from IIHS. This could be a reason they are making changes.
I have the FK7 sport with halogen headlights and I noticed that they seem to point down and provide poor illumination overall. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this. And if this same problem is present with the LED versions. I know this isn't the thread for that, but since you guys are talking about it I figured I should ask.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
I ordered the championship white 2 days ago. Crazy enough there was NOT ONE PERSON in line for this car. I swallowed my marriage down with some harshass coffee, found my manself and plunked down the deposit. (non refundable)

My wife was pissed off when I bought the S2000...

but this one is a FAMILY (race) CAR, hence there will be a giant red bow on it when I surprise her with our new family car :)
It will be like the Lexus Christmas commercials.

I forgot to mention that I am a recovering technician that worked at a tuning facility and nothing and I mean NOTHING ever stays stock at this house. When my wife was in her third term with our daughter I had a G35 sleeper sedan that I bought (for the family while trading in my heavily modified '99 Miata during my time as an Infiniti Quality Control manager). My wife complained everyday of being able to feel the car roll over a dime because I put TEIN coilovers on it that were set on kill. Later she was stoplight dragging Mustangs and raving about the handling but that is 'nother chapter.

Nothing stays stock :)
NSS

My color vote is white at the moment but I think the new battleship matte grey looking stuff will be cool, again I would have bought the red too. It is just what presented itself.

...and there is my first post on this forum
Happy to be here

keith1970

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
I hear it has a volume knob and fan control without going into climate
Sponsored