Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
Something funk y with the fake vents on the camo pic. I couldn't tell you what, but it's not present in the brochure.
Sponsored

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
The grill opening is a little larger in the 1st pic. Probably to address the reported heat soak issues. The CTR's lead time is a little longer than others, so it's possible this could show up mid next year as a 2020.

To add as most know, these have been spotted in in Germany in several configurations sporting halogens, the Si-style Spoiler, or smaller wheels. If you think Honda isn't at least mulling another configuration (track, base, or otherwise), I guess ignorance is bliss lol.

Also, don't forget that Honda has a 2nd dedicated CTR VIN on tap that's registered but not currently in use. And while it's currently not being displayed in any inventory, that could change quickly as market demand evolves.

CN: Keep an open mind. :cool:

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Would be nice if the newer CTRs get some high quality HID xenons. When the S2000 came out, it had the best HIDs on the market and remained among the best for years. It was the go-to headlight when posters on hidplanet were modding/upgrading their cars. Not sure why Honda would be so concerned with cutting costs and sanitizing features when they're gonna sell all of these halo cars anyway.

Sup_Devil

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Pilot, S2000, 2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Well, today I put a deposit down on a 2019 Championship White CTR due to be delivered in late December or early January. Dealer seems to think it's an almost total carryover from 17 and 18 but of course they are usually the last to know. I'm just glad that I secured my CTR in my preferred color at a great price!

milw27

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grey
Country flag
I picked up my 2017 two weeks ago and already have a deposit down on a delivery in late February for what I assume is a 2019. I couldn’t pass up a chance to secure one at MSRP.

I’m not a fan of the changes if they turn out to be true.

What I’d love to see is Honda not put useless tires and 20’ rims on the car. Every drive all I look for are potholes and debris. It’s such a fun car but the first thing you have to do is spend $2k plus on tires and rims. I’m proud I’ve gone 1,000 miles without a flat. I’ve pulled enough embedded rocks and metal out already that it’s a freaking miracle. Lol

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
I picked up my 2017 two weeks ago and already have a deposit down on a delivery in late February for what I assume is a 2019. I couldn’t pass up a chance to secure one at MSRP.

I’m not a fan of the changes if they turn out to be true.

What I’d love to see is Honda not put useless tires and 20’ rims on the car. Every drive all I look for are potholes and debris. It’s such a fun car but the first thing you have to do is spend $2k plus on tires and rims. I’m proud I’ve gone 1,000 miles without a flat. I’ve pulled enough embedded rocks and metal out already that it’s a freaking miracle. Lol
The 20" wheels definitely have a unique driving feel. I like my 18's on 35 profile tires because of the gentler everyday driving and not worrying about bending rims, but I miss the direct response and the crazy turn in on the 20's.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I am kinda skeptical but why would Honda commission a company to photoshop new headlights onto the 19 type R when they have countless promotional pictures of pre facelifted Type R with the ole led lights to put on the accessory brochure.
Most photos in brochures, animations on the website, and even video in commercials are not of actual vehicles. Instead, they are photo-realistic renderings that exist only a computer.

Andjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - CW #19431
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
good god that is expensive. Converting to Canadian, that's a $55,754.18 MSRP (vs $41,090)

milw27

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grey
Country flag
The 20" wheels definitely have a unique driving feel. I like my 18's on 35 profile tires because of the gentler everyday driving and not worrying about bending rims, but I miss the direct response and the crazy turn in on the 20's.
No doubt the input response on the stock tires and rims is superb. Good point.

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Porsche GT4, 20 Civic Si, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Country flag
No doubt the input response on the stock tires and rims is superb. Good point.
I thought the same thing after I went to a 245/35/19.
Sponsored