zmilonni

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 civic sport stuck on “software update” screen 400FD08E-2C26-45B5-AD21-D92C40FD1DC4

No idea why or how this happened. None of the options it’s displaying do anything, I just get taken right back to the screen shown in the picture. I’ve pulled the fuse and reconnected, same with the battery, neither have fixed the problem. This is ridiculous. I haven’t used Honda hack or anything like that, I use the radio normally and now I can’t do anything with it. Has anyone found a fix for this? I’ll be calling my dealership if I can’t figure it out.
Sponsored

logan5

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
This is Recovery Mode. I would disconnect the battery and then go "massage" all of the buttons on the unit including the top button for display brightness. For Android phones, a button combination on boot up will get you to this screen. It's almost like a button is stuck. If not, you could try a factory reset, but YMMV. But it could fix a corrupted OS. Check with the dealer first if you're uncomfortable.

rtypefk8

First Name
rtype
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
type R
Country flag
This happened yesterday to you, right? It happened to me as I was driving and it had never happened before

OP
OP

zmilonni

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
This is Recovery Mode. I would disconnect the battery and then go "massage" all of the buttons on the unit including the top button for display brightness. For Android phones, a button combination on boot up will get you to this screen. It's almost like a button is stuck. If not, you could try a factory reset, but YMMV. But it could fix a corrupted OS. Check with the dealer first if you're uncomfortable.
I’ve already tried the battery, that did nothing. My dealer said the part needs to be replaced, they ordered it this morning but it could be 10 days to 3 months before it comes in they said. Apparently it’s an internal failure from the audio unit. I can try some different things once I get it back later, I can disconnect the battery & reconnect it then try pressing the buttons, also what’s YMMV?

OP
OP

zmilonni

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Also how do I do a factory reset? The option on this screen for that doesn’t do anything, it just resets back to this screen
Sponsored