2019 Civic Sport 6MT - Sedan or Coupe?

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
Now I'm looking at Si's on some sales websites and they are advertising for $2500-$3K more than a Sport 6MT. Must. Resist. The. Urge. Haha. My research continues.....
These are the following differences an Si has, I copied and pasted from another post.

• engine output increased to 205 HP @ 5,700 RPM (SAE net) and 192 lb-ft torque @ 2,100-5,000 RPM (SAE net)
  • higher maximum boost pressure (20.3 vs. 16.5 PSI)
  • lower compression ratio (10.3:1 vs. 10.6:1)
  • higher-capacity MHI TD025 turbocharger (9-vane vs. 11-vane)
  • helical limited-slip differential
  • larger front brake rotors (12.3" vs. 11.1" vented front and 11.1" vs. 10.2" solid rear)
  • two-mode damper system with normal and firm settings
  • SPORT mode replaces ECON mode - increases suspension damping, reduces power steering assist, increases throttle sensitivity, and raises the activation threshold of the Vehicle Stability Assist system
  • 235/40R18 91W tires vs. 215/50R17 91H
  • 7% stiffer front spring rate
  • 18% stiffer front upper damper mounts
  • 7% stiffer front stabilizer bar rate
  • 32% stiffer rear spring rate
  • Solid vs. fluid-filled front and rear compliance bushings (rear shared with the Type R)
  • High-stiffness rear upper control arms (shared with the Type R)
  • 26% stiffer rear stabilizer bar rate
  • Si-specific seats with thicker side bolsters, non-adjustable headrests, and stitched "Si" logos
  • red interior stitching, gauges, and Display Audio color scheme
  • black headliner and pillar trim vs. gray in EX-T
  • front and rear facias similar to the hatchback
  • center-mounted polygonal exhaust outlet
  • higher-flowing intake system
  • 23% higher-flowing exhaust system
  • aluminum clutch, brake, and accelerator pedals
  • carbon fiber-look interior trim
  • 10% shorter shifter throw
  • leather-wrapped, aluminum shift knob
  • revised shift linkage
  • increased rigidity of shifter bracket mount
  • 450-watt audio system (same as EX-T coupe vs. 180-watt in EX-T sedan)
  • additional items in Driver Information Display including G-force meter, turbo boost gauge with PSI indication, lap timer, throttle percentage, and brake pressure
  • leather-wrapped steering wheel, shift boot, and shift knob
  • premium fuel recommended
  • tire repair kit including sealant and a 12-volt inflator replaces the compact, temporary spare
  • vanity mirrors are non-illuminated vs. illuminated
  • EPA fuel economy ratings of 28/38/32 city/highway/combined vs. 31/42/3
  • optional summer tires
  • stronger rods
Sponsored

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
All prices MSRP:
LX Coupe - CVT Only $20,650
LX Sedan - Manual $19,450/CVT $20,250
Sport Coupe/Sedan/Hatch -
- Coupe Manual/CVT $21,450/$22,250
- Sedan Manual/CVT $21,150/$21,950
- Hatch Manual/CVT $22,250/$23,250
SI Coupe/Sedan - $24,300
My favorite out of all these is the SI Sedan, which you can prob get around 23K. 2nd favorite is Sport Hatch Manual, prob $21K. 3rd favorite is Sport Sedan Manual, prob 20K. There are so many choices I can't keep track AT ALL.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Kinda in the same boat here. Been shopping manual coupes, and the local dealer has a leftover 18 LX coupe 6MT for 18k. But I really do like the 19 sport models. I loved the Honda Sensing when test driving. And the armrests don't have that funky, scratchy fabric. More like fake leather, which is an improvement. Anyway, not having Sensing is almost a deal breaker. If one could get a 6MT Sport Sedan or Coupe for 18-19k it would be hard to turn down. Maybe by the end of this year?

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
Kinda in the same boat here. Been shopping manual coupes, and the local dealer has a leftover 18 LX coupe 6MT for 18k. But I really do like the 19 sport models. I loved the Honda Sensing when test driving. And the armrests don't have that funky, scratchy fabric. More like fake leather, which is an improvement. Anyway, not having Sensing is almost a deal breaker. If one could get a 6MT Sport Sedan or Coupe for 18-19k it would be hard to turn down. Maybe by the end of this year?
I think an 18 LX Coupe Manual for 18K would be a good deal but you should be able to get a 19 LX Sedan Manual for about the same price. Still, if you must have the Coupe Manual maybe the 18 is worth it?
Sponsored

Last edited: