2019 Civic Sport 6MT - Sedan or Coupe?

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting my 18 sedan lx manual was 17,700... 18500 ttl I just bought in November..what happened with the price? lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT
Country flag
I really don't think the sport is much different than the lx besides the gimmicky exhaust...I'll take the 4 grand savings and upgrade it myself. the si on the other hand will be worth more in the long run resale on 2.0 "sport" manual will be bad as a manual lx. Si buyers will always be there and ok with a manual. A sport cvt might hold a little more value tho just my opinion. I plan to keep my civic forever though. But for a savings of maybe 1500 why go for the sport in manual when you can get a si?
I'm in the US so the difference between LX and Sport is $800 I think and the LX (for 2019) isn't available with a 6MT.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm in the US so the difference between LX and Sport is $800 I think and the LX (for 2019) isn't available with a 6MT.
Yeah I'm in the US as well I bought mine from a dealer in Virginia..id check with the dealers though I think they still sell manual lx. But even said..youll be happier with an si some ppl have bought there's between 22and 23,000..no one really wants drive manual anymore so you kind of have the upper hand with getting an si

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bet I could find si near Raleigh for 23k

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Because here's what will happen you will get the sport oh it's just a daily I'll be happy...then you'll add a ktuner,suspension,exhaust and you could've just got the si in the first place lol you don't know what will happen tomorrow...trust me from basically a person who has the same car and I own other fun cars so it's not too bad but still

OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Because here's what will happen you will get the sport oh it's just a daily I'll be happy...then you'll add a ktuner,suspension,exhaust and you could've just got the si in the first place lol you don't know what will happen tomorrow...trust me from basically a person who has the same car and I own other fun cars so it's not too bad but still
Haha....trust me, I've been there....MANY times. In fact, my last BMW was a clear case of that. By the time it was all said and done I took off all of the parts and went back to stock to turn it in, I realized I could have (should have) bought a 340i or even an M3 with the amount of money and time I spent on it. In that sense, that car taught me the lesson of being more clear eyed in getting my next car. Also, having the Miata as my own personal fun car will alleviate a lot of that I feel. The Civic will in a sense be the 'family car' that my other half drives as well and perhaps even a tad more often than I do (I work from home). When I mentioned $22K I usethat as a sticker price and would hope to actually pay close to or $20K even around July 4th weekend with some of the sales. It's a slippery slope because if I bump up our budget to say $23K actual price paid then I start to think, well, why not $25-$26K which puts us at the actual transaction price of a new Golt GTI. The GTI is definitely fun to drive but I'm a bit skeptical with it's reliability. So by trying to really stay at $20K actual transaction price, the Sport seems to be the best compromise.

Ya never know, I could "accidentally" drive an Si and easily decide that's worth it forgetting everything I've said here. Or even a Type R...."honey look how practical this thing is!!" Haha

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
I would also see if they have any 18 or 17 coupes lying around I picked my 17 coupe at the end of 18 and got an ex-L for 20k cause they wanted to get rid of it. No volume knob but you’ll save a couple grand

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haha....trust me, I've been there....MANY times. In fact, my last BMW was a clear case of that. By the time it was all said and done I took off all of the parts and went back to stock to turn it in, I realized I could have (should have) bought a 340i or even an M3 with the amount of money and time I spent on it. In that sense, that car taught me the lesson of being more clear eyed in getting my next car. Also, having the Miata as my own personal fun car will alleviate a lot of that I feel. The Civic will in a sense be the 'family car' that my other half drives as well and perhaps even a tad more often than I do (I work from home). When I mentioned $22K I usethat as a sticker price and would hope to actually pay close to or $20K even around July 4th weekend with some of the sales. It's a slippery slope because if I bump up our budget to say $23K actual price paid then I start to think, well, why not $25-$26K which puts us at the actual transaction price of a new Golt GTI. The GTI is definitely fun to drive but I'm a bit skeptical with it's reliability. So by trying to really stay at $20K actual transaction price, the Sport seems to be the best compromise.

Ya never know, I could "accidentally" drive an Si and easily decide that's worth it forgetting everything I've said here. Or even a Type R...."honey look how practical this thing is!!" Haha

Si also has heated seats they love the heated seats

OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No, not at all. BMW lease residual values are hyper inflated meaning that a buy out of it would be wayyyyy more than what you could buy the exact year model used for. For example, the residual on my car was $33K after 3 years but the actual wholesale value of it after those 3 years was $24k. The modification I did was bolt ons (wheels/tires, M Performance BBK, downpipe, intercooler, tune, etc) so when it was close to the time to turn it in I went back to stock and sold the old parts. Of course I didn't get what I paid for them but it was around 50% or so when all was said and done. The difference I just chalked up to the loss every car guy takes when modding and then selling parts and also to the fun I had with it modified for those almost 3 years.

OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Now I'm looking at Si's on some sales websites and they are advertising for $2500-$3K more than a Sport 6MT. Must. Resist. The. Urge. Haha. My research continues.....

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That link I sent has a leftover 18 si sedan...plus heated seats,adaptive suspension come one you know you want one. I think I convinced myself now actually lol

Dis4Damion

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
As someone who drives a fully loaded Sport Touring hatch, I don't think I could go with the LX or Sport, but I understand you want a manual, so I would go Si Coupe! You get more for your money honestly.
Sponsored