FC1_BUILTBOOST

First Name
Reuben Zuev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Help me has anybody had this with there civic ? I got a 2019 Civic SI Sedan it gets this Loud Bang Noise like a hard smack from the rear somewhere with an echo kinda after I release e brake and start driving happened few times so far almost sounds like some cable is getting a hard release when car starts driving and smacks something medal can even freak you out happens so unexpectedly it’s happened only 3 times in the past 15 months since I’ve owned the car any replies or answers would be greatly appreciated thank you.
Sponsored

Last edited:

aethecarfanatic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Does it happen after the car has been sitting in the rain or damp weather? Sometimes I get a clang noise after it's been raining and I attribute it to the rear brake pad getting lightly rusted to the rotor and it unsticks and makes that loud metal clang.

OP
OP
FC1_BUILTBOOST

FC1_BUILTBOOST

First Name
Reuben Zuev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Does it happen after the car has been sitting in the rain or damp weather? Sometimes I get a clang noise after it's been raining and I attribute it to the rear brake pad getting lightly rusted to the rotor and it unsticks and makes that loud metal clang.

No doesn't have to rain for example just few days ago I was at the park few hours when I left the park the weather was good btw 2 miles down the road as I started driving once the traffic light turned green I take off in first then went to second gear and bang bang it happens twice in a row
it’s a pretty loud hit somewhere in the back anyone in the car would feel and hear it can freak you out!

BombTrak

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 PMM FK8
Country flag
No doesn't have to rain for example just few days ago I was at the park few hours when I left the park the weather was good btw 2 miles down the road as I started driving once the traffic light turned green I take off in first then went to second gear and bang bang it happens twice in a row
it’s a pretty loud hit somewhere in the back anyone in the car would feel and hear it can freak you out!
Did you get to the bottom of this issue?
Sponsored