2019 Civic Si infotainment system issue

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Hi All,
Today I faced a weird problem. My head unit was completely blank. Tried force restart by holding volume button but it didn't work. Had to turn off the car to make it work again. Do I need to visit dealer or does it happen occasionally. Anyone here experienced it?

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Civic Si infotainment system issue IMG_20190328_194026
Sponsored

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
Did you have the radio on through battery mode? Then turned on the car after? If so, it can cause the radio to lock up sometimes. Usually it would lock up on the loading screen. After a minute the radio force restarts and you would hear a pop coming from the speakers indicating that the car cut off the power and started it back up. Maybe it’s normal. I have the 2017 radio unit. I’m not sure if it’s a similar problem

OP
OP
saiko21

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you have the radio on through battery mode? Then turned on the car after? If so, it can cause the radio to lock up sometimes. Usually it would lock up on the loading screen. After a minute the radio force restarts and you would hear a pop coming from the speakers indicating that the car cut off the power and started it back up. Maybe it’s normal. I have the 2017 radio unit. I’m not sure if it’s a similar problem
No I just started the car and it gave me honda logo and stuff as usual. Later it went blank for some reason. Didn't allow me to restart until I turned off my engine and turned it back on. I hope its just memory issue as the system is based on android

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
That happened to me one time. I had to turn the car off and restart as well. Has not happened a second time, but I will mention it the next time I take it in for service.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
It's android-based, so these glitches are bound to happen I'm sure. Usually a simple reboot (power off the car and then back on) will usually solve it. Wouldn't worry about it unless it keeps happening. Have had zero issues with my 2019 so far (knock on wood).

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I had the same issue happen on my 2018 Si about a week after I bought it. I pulled off the road to turn the car off and back on and it went away.

Its been six months and it hasn't happened again.

SC5000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I once accidentally turned off my screen by pressing the vertical button (you can see it slightly illuminated above the home button in your image).

Maybe same happended to you?

marktex

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Had a similar issue with mine. Just rebooting by starting the car again works fine. It can get sluggish turning on some mornings, still better than the infotainment in our 2017 Ford F250 which takes ages. Haven't noticed anything that would be problematic that Honda probably couldn't fix via a hot fix or something. Still the best infotainment system i've used out of most modern brands i've been in.

SFerrusco

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si (Ktuner, K&N Intake)
Country flag
I had the same issue happen on my 2018 Si about a week after I bought it. I pulled off the road to turn the car off and back on and it went away.

Its been six months and it hasn't happened again.
Same! I was driving and listening to music on Spotify through my apple car play and my screen turned off. Kept driving, after a few minutes it came back by itself, hasn't happened again.

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had a few months of the back up camera not working randomly. It only ever happened when I was streaming pandora as far as I can tell. I also had a Terrain that the screen would go black but continue to play music although none of the controls worked. Unfortunately, it’s just part of the new technology imo. It’s hurt a lot of reliability ratings simply because of these issues.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Guess those physical buttons don't help :p

Phillyp17

First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Hello! I am new to the Si community.
I just got my Civic on Saturday and i just had this happen to me. Is there anything I can do to restart it or should I take it back?

OP
OP
saiko21

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hello! I am new to the Si community.
I just got my Civic on Saturday and i just had this happen to me. Is there anything I can do to restart it or should I take it back?
Just restart it and wait for honda to update the firmware of the system. Since it's android based restarting is the only option. Android 4.4 sucks compared to 6 or 7

Paprocjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI, 2016 Mazda CX-5
Country flag
This happens to me usually when I plug in my S7 and push the android auto button at the same time it tries to auto launch the software. I just push the home button and it corrects itself.
Sponsored