Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
I had my systems installer contact Maestro directly to see if they're going to support this vehicle. I really hate being stuck with this head unit. I replace every piece of stereo equipment in ever car I own. This will be the first where I can't. So far, the Maestro rep has not gotten back, which was a while ago....not looking good. I don't want to be stuck running an integration unit and then DSP to tune the system. I'd rather run a quality head unit and DSP on top of that. I like my 130 gigs and growing of FLAC files.
I called iDataLink a few months ago. They were super-nice and happy to answer my questions. They said they *just* finished the 2015 (9th gen?) Civic and while there are plans to support the 10th Gen Civic, it's probably not going to be for another 6 months to a year.... if at all. She explained they are a small company and only have a handful of engineers/developers, and Honda is one of the hardest cars/manufacturers to work with. As in, the Honda computers are the most difficult to develop an aftermarket product to 'talk' to it. It doesn't sounds hopeful.
Sponsored

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
I called iDataLink a few months ago. They were super-nice and happy to answer my questions. They said they *just* finished the 2015 (9th gen?) Civic and while there are plans to support the 10th Gen Civic, it's probably not going to be for another 6 months to a year.... if at all. She explained they are a small company and only have a handful of engineers/developers, and Honda is one of the hardest cars/manufacturers to work with. As in, the Honda computers are the most difficult to develop an aftermarket product to 'talk' to it. It doesn't sounds hopeful.
Excellent. It is good to know that they have multiple people calling on them to show that there is for sure interest in getting this sorted. I guess I will just work on sound deadening in the meantime. Thanks for the info!

FC1E5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I can do all of that stuff too in my Si you just have to hit a button. People will cry about anything
On the 16-18 climate control you have to wait for the audio unit to load and exit out of the warming message before you can hit the climate button to control your fan speed.

CyberCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
On the 16-18 climate control you have to wait for the audio unit to load and exit out of the warming message before you can hit the climate button to control your fan speed.
The time it takes for the climate screen to appear after hitting the climate button takes WAY too long. One of my biggest gripes with this car. It should be instantaneous. I can live with the rest of the slow menus but this one should be fast.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
The time it takes for the climate screen to appear after hitting the climate button takes WAY too long. One of my biggest gripes with this car. It should be instantaneous. I can live with the rest of the slow menus but this one should be fast.
Just leave it on auto. Works fine. If you need to blast heat or cold just turn the temperature knob to high or low instead of a temp. No climate screen required.

I’m convinced people don’t realize you can do this. Though if they read the manual they would.

Last edited:

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Anyone can navigate a system with enough trial and error. The point being made by others is that just because we can, that doesn't necessarily make it a great design.

As someone whose profession is based on logic and intuition, I'll be the first to admit that there were a few ergonomic features that Honda could have made better. Hence the changes we're seeing now.

That said, credit where credit is due. The new layout looks functionally efficient - including the EPB.

Last edited:

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I am hoping the climate control piece with be plug and play.

I can live with out a volume knob at this point. Too much time and money invested in the 2017 si I own now. Curios about the new cup holders and rear bumper though.

turbo dragon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI X
Country flag
it may be beneficial to see if the new interface will be a plug and play for those like myself wanting fan and volume control.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
I am hoping the climate control piece with be plug and play.

I can live with out a volume knob at this point. Too much time and money invested in the 2017 si I own now. Curios about the new cup holders and rear bumper though.
Did you hear about having a new rear bumper or just assuming?

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Rumor was at Honda they were aware of the ugliness problem but I never heard if the bean counters decided to do anything about it.

SoCalCivicSI

Car Addict
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
South Carolina Near Spartanburg, formally So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic SI, 2006 2.4 5 Speed EX Accord Sedan, 1973 Ford Ranchero 500, 351 C with 73 Boss 351 block and internals, Holley 750, Edelbrock manifold
Country flag
They need to black out the polished trim above the side windows.......or Carbon Fiber would look good.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
The 2019 Civic Si arrives November 1st. Changes include:
  • Platinum White Pearl replaces White Orchid Pearl (PWP is whiter than WOP)
  • Tonic Yellow Pearl replaces Energy Green Pearl on the coupe
  • MSRP including destination increases to $25,195
  • Display Audio system gains physical buttons and a volume knob.
  • Larger cupholders
  • Revised steering wheel controls (ridges removed from volume switch and cruise main button moves to the left instead of center)
  • Revised parking brake switch (looks the same to me)
  • Dedicated fan speed buttons
  • Summer tires are no longer available from the factory
There appear to be no exterior changes and no Honda Sensing unlike the regular Civic.

http://hondanews.com/releases/2019-...pgraded-tech-enhanced-interior-and-new-colors

Last edited:

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
The 2019 Civic Si arrives November 1st. Changes include:
  • Platienginecite Pearl replaces White Orchid Pearl (PWP is whiter than WOP)
  • Tonic Yellow Pearl replaces Energy Green Pearl on the coupe
  • MSRP including destination increases to $25,195
  • Display Audio system gains physical buttons and a volume knob.
  • Larger cupholders
  • Revised steering wheel controls
  • Revised parking brake switch
  • Dedicated fan speed buttons
  • Summer tires are no longer available from the factory
There appear to be no exterior changes and no Honda Sensing unlike the regular Civic.

http://hondanews.com/releases/2019-...pgraded-tech-enhanced-interior-and-new-colors
According to this, the Si features a VTEC Turbo engine "The Si Coupe and Sedan are highly praised for their exceptionally responsive chassis, high-torque VTEC® Turbo engine". That's news to me. Also, they seem to have retained the shitty chrome window trim, and the shitty fabric on the arm rests.
Sponsored